Edited on 11/04/2015 at 6:43:32 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Big City Adventure: Shanghai here

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 4, 15 6:43 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Big City Adventure: Shanghai here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Big City Adventure: Shanghai.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Nov 5, 15 5:34 AM
Thought I would mention that the hidden objects in this latest BCA game are a little easier to find than the last couple of games in the series. That's a welcome change for many of us with older eyes!

cal711
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by cal711 on Nov 5, 15 9:59 PM
I'm up to Round 37 but am calling it a day. I love that the format hasn't changed... I like the simple games like this with basic hidden object scenes and puzzles. I've never been a big fan of the games where you collect inventory objects or have to wade through a whole story. I just want to find stuff and play some puzzles. I'm glad they brought back the puzzle with the wooden ball that you have to guide through to the finishing hole as well as the one with the gears. As for the hidden object scenes themselves, I've had pretty good luck finding everything but I've had to resort to using hints for a handful of them. This is my first run-through so I'm doing it in Relaxed mode just to get a feel for it; next time around I'll do the timed version.

**EDIT: It's the next day and I just finished my first run-through. I'm a little disappointed (but not heartbroken) that the quilins (the green lion statues in each scene) play no part in the game, just like the guitars in BCA Barcelona. I collected all 60 of them but when I got to the end of the game, there was no puzzle or anything to do that related to the quilins... the game was just over. Why do they even bother having us collect those things if they're not going to be used at the end?

As usual, we got a clue for the location of the next BCA. Grandpa was talking about those quilins and said he knew of a place where they actually fought ferocious lions so my guess is that the next game will be set in Rome.

Edited on 11/06/2015 at 12:48:01 PM PST

[Post New]by downtownbabe on Nov 6, 15 6:55 PM
Removed by Moderator But thanks for a new game.

Edited on 11/08/2015 at 10:58:46 AM PST

janielu2
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by janielu2 on Nov 7, 15 11:45 AM
Great game as all the others. I think I have them all. Wish you would put more interesting/prettier scenes. Some dull or this station or that. A little bit more color. More gardens, museums, parks, pretty rooms, etc. Would like more of the twisty tracks, match 3, pack the car/boxes, not so many puzzle pieces and circle symbols. The one item per line/row (this game sunglasses, suitcases, etc) can be challenging, like those, but can get stuck here and there. Seems easier with some items than others. Would like to see you put in some concentration type games (turn over 2 matches).

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 8, 15 11:01 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and thank players for their feedback for Big City Adventure: Shanghai. It is greatly appreciated.

I'd also like to remind users of the Review Guidelines when posting in this thread, specifically,

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Big City Adventure: Shanghai.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

Players are more than welcome to post their suggestions by clicking on the blue 'Create New Discussion' button at the main page of this game forum. We do ask that this particular thread be for Reviews Only. Thank you for your understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Nov 26, 15 10:36 PM
Can't wait for the next adventure. I love these games and so relaxing too! Thanks developers and Big Fish Games.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Dec 22, 15 4:18 AM
I'm a little disappointed because of the heavy use of repeating scenes and repeating puzzles and repeating music. About halfway through I was thinking, "This game must have cost about 3 bucks to develop, nice profit margin there!" Plus the repeating scenes made the hidden objects ever-easier to find. Replay value is zero given the replays already in the game. It's okay as a sort of solitaire time-passer, but I won't be buying any more of these unless they crop up in the $2.99 bucket someday.

[Post New]by quiltertoo on Dec 31, 15 9:07 AM
No big surprises for me so far. Very relaxing game to while away a few minutes without straining my senior b rain too much, nice art, and interesting facts about the city. As with all the BCA games, the music is nice for awhile, then gets kind of annoying, so I usually turn the option way down or off. I would have very much liked a pronunciation guide for all the location names. I know they are often pronounced much differently than they look spelled out. Also, one thing I've noticed in the last few games is that there is the same bird call in the background. That guy really gets around!

[Post New]by lizzygo on Feb 7, 16 8:42 PM
I cannot play the Game, no mather what I try !

[Post New]by Josephpaul27 on Mar 7, 16 9:24 PM
I enjoyed the very challenging hidden object maps, but even more so, the puzzled that I could actually accomplish! The "fun facts' about Shanghai were interesting, too. The replayability of this game is good, too, with the challenge of trying to obtain all of the achievements. Graphics are okay...not spectacular but perfectly appropriate for a game of this nature. The hidden objects, once found, did clearly resemble what they were.

Regards,
Joseph Paul

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Apr 4, 16 1:10 AM
I love these games too and anxious for the next one to come out....only one thing.....I love the hidden object scenes but absolutely hate the puzzles....wish they would come out with a much quicker skip button....they seem to take forever to skip!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jun 28, 17 7:43 PM
June 28, 2017

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jun 28, 17 1:12 PM

I love these BCA games and this one's Icon has been on my desktop for many months. I like to play these while perusing and procrastinating what I really need to do, I like to just play a round or two then get going.
Those of us that BCA love it for what it is, a nice hidden object game that can be somewhat of a challenge but not too much.
The objects are usually not too hard to find but usually there are one or two that are extremely well hidden
I forgot to add that at this moment in time I have 12 BCA.s

I'm giving this one a out of 5 just because it is one of my 'Pet' games & I them

Played on desktop running Windows 10 with no problems

Edited on 06/28/2017 at 1:13:56 PM PST

Edited on 06/28/2017 at 7:58:26 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 15, 17 10:23 AM
Big City Adventure is a fantastic HOG series taking us to famous cities all around the world. There are 10 other BCA games available, this adventure takes us to some of the most famous tourist locations in Shanghai. This is purely a Hidden Object game, with a puzzle available after each location is complete. You will visit popular tourist attractions throughout Shanghai such as, Zhujiajiao, Longhua Temple, Huxinting Teahouse, St. Ignatius Cathedral, Nanjing Road and Donata Road. You can choose a Timed or Relaxed mode, and you can opt to show zoomed in areas or turn off riddle descriptions.
Each Hidden Object Scene has a hidden Qilin Dragon to find, that isn't on the list, for a total of 60. Each scene also has Bonus Coins (again, not on the list) there are Hint Coins, Time Coins that add either 2 or 5 minutes to the timer, Point Coins that add either 1 or 5k points to your score, and Skip Coins which will allow you to skip any puzzle. Each scene has one area that can be zoomed into, and usually has 2 items hidden within, that are listed in blue text. Unless you opted for no riddles in the option settings, there will be at least one item listed in the form of a riddle, or brief description.
After each and every HOG, you will solve a Mini Game or puzzle such as, a small Jigsaw puzzle, connecting Firecrackers from the top left to the bottom right, clicking on groups of two or more identical tile pieces and my favorite where you hang 4 different colored lanterns on hooks until they are in the correct order as indicated by green lights mean the lantern is in the correct place, yellow means the lantern is in the wrong place and red means the lantern isn't used.
This is a wonderful series that takes us to beautiful countries, and explains interesting facts about some of the most popular tourist attractions. In my opinion, this game is meant to be enjoyed as a family activity, easy enough for the kids (or grandkids) to participate, and interesting enough for adults to enjoy too. Pack your bags HOG fans, you're Shanghai Bound, enjoy!

Go to: