bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Avenue Flo Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 13, 09 1:13 AM
Here is what our reviewer thought of Avenue Flo. Post your own thoughts about the game in this thread and join the conversation!

Comments:
Flo and Quinn need your help again, but this time it’s to help save the marriage of two of DinerTown’s beloved characters! Similar to other DinerTown games, this Hidden Object and Adventure title is light hearted and will leave you with a smile on your face. Each neighborhood offers different challenges as well as mini-games, so you’ll always have something new to look forward to as you advance in the game. Every item you seek is hidden in plain view and most will be used in another aspect of the game. This feature is especially enjoyable since it ties game play in with the story and helps the player feel immersed in the investigation at hand. Because the game does have such a positive theme, the diverse mini-games are designed accordingly and challenge the player’s wits as opposed to their reflexes. Pull out all your secret skills because you’ll need to be a jack of all trades to save the wedding in this exciting escapade around Avenue Flo!

Game Modes:
To add the ability to play this game multiple times, you can first play through Adventure mode and then return to enjoy Activity mode for some extra fun. Both modes are untimed, but you will find a few mini-games that require steps to be completed within a set amount of time.

Depth:
With three neighborhoods to investigate, numerous mini-games to complete and a wedding to save, you’ll have hours of enjoyment while playing Avenue Flo.

Similar to:
To find similar game play to Avenue Flo, be sure to check out Drawn: The Painted Tower or Kuros. But if you’d like to meet up with the DinerDash characters again, then you’ll want to play DinerTown: Detective Agency or Wedding Dash.

Difficulty level:
While the general game play is easier for this title, the puzzle mini-games can be confusing for beginners so be sure to use the hints or Big Fish Blog Walkthrough if you need help.

Reviewed by L.D.

Edited on 10/22/2009 at 11:31:01 AM PST

wilkesy83
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Avenue Flo comments and reviews

[Post New]by wilkesy83 on Oct 13, 09 1:56 AM
I started playing the free hour of this game and 10 minutes in I came out so I could purchase it! Absolutely love it - wonderful art work, and brings depth to all the old characters we've met in previous games!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 13, 09 2:08 AM
I love all things "Dash" and been having a blast.
Love Flo and gang, love the graphics, loved the song!
Fun puzzles.
Its a really good mix of Adventure and puzzles. The hidden object part is fairly minimal but adds to it.
Love love love this game.

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Oct 13, 09 3:50 AM
Played the demo...had fun...going to wait a little to see other reviews. Wondering how long the game is. I like the Flo games but they have all gotten to a point where I can't get any further and I just get frustrated. This doesn't seem like it would be that way.

So far, fun. And probably worth a credit.

flo314ca
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by flo314ca on Oct 13, 09 4:10 AM
Just finished the demo and loved it!! Would love to know how long it is, but I've had so much fun so far that I'm going to buy it.

Fun music, the same characters from all the dash games. Nice to see that they are branching out with more of a variety of games with the same characters.

So far I've finished one neighborhood and have gone down the subway to the next. A very enjoyable hour!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Oct 13, 09 5:24 AM
Regarding length of game-
There are 3 neighborhoods, I have completed 2 of them in just over 2 hours so I would say approx a 3-4 hour game -
depending on how fast you find stuff and get through the puzzles as you cannot skip them. Some might play quicker than me of course.

Edited on 10/13/2009 at 6:50:35 AM PST

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Oct 13, 09 5:47 AM
This is a pretty long game! I've been playing for 3 hours and I'm still not done. The first 2 neighborhoods were over quickly, but the 3rd neighborhood is taking even longer, with a lot more tasks and mini-games! I'm not complaining -- I'm LOVING every minute of it! This is a great game! It's like Mary Poppins -- practically perfect in every way!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 13, 09 5:49 AM
Very much enjoyed the demo hour and just now came to buy. I never played the Flo TM games as they are not my thing, but I did play, and very much enjoyed, DinerTown: Detective Agency, which is set in the same town with the same characters. It's more of an IHOG where this is pretty much a true Adventure Game - wander about, talk to people, figure out tasks that need doing. The game does seem geared towards kids and is a bit "hand holdy", like keeping a list of objectives for you, but the mini-games are surprisingly challenging so far.

There is a second mode - Activity Mode, that I did not try as I wanted to use the demo for the Adventure Mode, so I don't know what happens but that would indicate some re-playability.

My *only* complaint about the game is an inordinate amount of clicking thru stuff. I don't *mind* dialog, in fact I like full stories, but you have to click each dialog window away, and click mini-games on to the next step, and a bunch of other seemingly unnecessary clicking I can't quite recall. It is a tiny annoyance but noticeable for me. Oh, and the music is crazy making. But obviously that can be turned off.

Very well crafted, enjoyable game with a nice level of challenge (on the easy side for super-gamers, but I like it ) that had me sad when the demo ended. That's a Poodlebear Approved!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 13, 09 6:42 AM
I don't usually enjoy adventure games, but the demo hooked me. I think it was the HUMOR that did it, and that bead machine minigame which was interesting, different, but not too hair-pullingly difficult.

and YES - the minigames are replayable using the "activity mode". Not just a straight replay of the exact minigame as in adventure mode either. the bead machine's minigame in activity mode has 10 levels, and I didn't recognize the pattern from level 1 either. I'm going to get my money's worth out of this one!

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Oct 13, 09 8:54 AM
Poodlebear wrote:I never played the Flo TM games as they are not my thing, but I did play, and very much enjoyed, DinerTown: Detective Agency, which is set in the same town with the same characters.

Hi,
this game has pretty good reviews, so I'm looking for the others mentioned around here: Are the Flo TM games predecessors to this one? (what does TM mean, time management?)
I also saw mentioned Diner Dash or Diner-something; always thought those are build-a-restaurant-games?
And what would be a good keyword to search here for the games you mentioned; I couldn't find them.

sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place... and thanks for any answers :-)

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 13, 09 8:58 AM
TM games are time management.

Look for games that are named "Diner Dash" something, or "DinerTown" something.

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Oct 13, 09 8:59 AM
I thought this was a TM game, which I'm not into, but read the reviews here and decided to give it a try. This game is hilarious! I started laughing at the first song, and then when the twins, Greg & Herb, the Laundry Valets, showed up that made up my mind. I did turn off the music right away but overall it's just very creative and fun and I'm not even done with the demo. I have to buy this one.

Edited on 10/15/2009 at 4:33:42 PM PST

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Oct 13, 09 9:15 AM
Oh that's a cute game - Flo leaves her time management ways again to save a wedding in Diner Town! From the start your to do list gets cluttered with items, but it's always logical what to do next.

Some points:

achievement system
nice song to start the game
great comic book graphics
Flo finally got a voice!
clear hints what to do next
two nice minigames - beads (haven't seen before), packing up stuff
adventure game with some hidden objects strewn in

- unclear - do you get more bottles than you need in neighbourhood 1? do you have to find 33 butterflies in every neighbourhood? (only found 31 in #1)

Some items are on location but will be unlocked only after you solved a certain quest.

Bottom line: This will be bought - either with my next credit or in time for Octoberfest.

mahbah55
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,025 Posts

[Post New]by mahbah55 on Oct 13, 09 9:54 AM
I'm a big fan of the Dash series as well as a fan of adventure games, so this is right up my alley.

I finished the demo and did purchase.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Oct 13, 09 10:59 AM
Very different from the normal Flo series. Instead of TM, you're getting an adventure game. When I first started the demo, I thought that this is just for kids and expected the reviews to say the same. However, I just loved it myself, even though on the easy side and it seems so far, you all have loved it too. I'm definitely going to buy and would recommend for everyone. This is one of the games I'll take advantage of for the October special!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 13, 09 11:12 AM
I did finally find the 33 butterflies, and still haven't used my subway token yet. So if you keep looking eventually you will spot them I'm sure.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Oct 13, 09 11:58 AM
I'm delighted to come on here and see this game! I beta'd it months ago, and LOVED it! It's been a long wait, but at last it's here! Yes, the bead game is different, and glad to know about the second mode where you can just play increasingly difficult levels of the minis! Very cool, and a must buy!!

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Oct 13, 09 3:50 PM
For those that haven't tried all the diner dash and wedding dash series I highly recommend you download the free trial. They are different but not restaurant building as you think.

I am buying Avenue Flo too! I just love all these, they are my favorite!

[Post New]by pEACHESgROVE on Oct 13, 09 4:20 PM
I can't get it to download. Any suggestions? I've never ran across this problem before. Thanks.

[Post New]by PrincessCoalby on Oct 13, 09 4:27 PM
ME TOO! It won't download and this has never happened before. I have a brand new computer and my anti-virus has been giving me a lot of problems with BFG, but still, I did finally get the games downloading and uninstalling, but this was won't download. Every time I try, a download for Adobe Flash 10 pops up and I try to download it but it just keeks 'installing' for hours and then completes. sooooo annoying. Do I need that to play this? How come all other things that need Flash work--like other websites and such that require it? So frustrated. Really want to try this game. BTW, my anti-virus is Kaspersky in case any one else has the same problems with it.

Go to: