iamgame
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

where's the wire

[Post New]by iamgame on Nov 4, 15 8:40 PM
where do i obtain the wire to jimmy open air compressor. when i press hint it just sends me back and forth from street to school areas with no further hint clues.

Delorean01
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:where's the wire

[Post New]by Delorean01 on Nov 5, 15 6:12 PM
I'm stuck in exactly the same spot - no wire and the hint just keeps sending me back to the school....round and round I go! Very frustrating. Can anyone help?

[Post New]by MiaNBear on Nov 6, 15 2:42 PM
When will there be an quick update for this wire issue?

maeveodonnell
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by maeveodonnell on Nov 8, 15 1:10 PM
Having the same problem!!

Delorean01
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Delorean01 on Nov 8, 15 9:49 PM
To the best of my knowledge, there is no fix for this yet. I decided to replay the game using a different profile and got the wire. Zoomed through the game pretty quickly the second time around. Everything ran very smoothly for ages - it's a long one - but now I am stuck with unresponsive hint button, map and inventory.

Big Fish must know it's a programming issue and need to fix soon. If multiple people are having the same problem, it's no-one's computer that's at fault. VERY frustrating!

[Post New]by MiaNBear on Nov 9, 15 10:28 AM
That's exactly the same thing I did Delorean01 was create another profile to obtain that wire....it wasn't as if the wire wasn't there in the first place in that mailbox. As far as a fix...if they tell you to uninstall and reinstall and send them the Dr Felix...that's not going to help. Although it clearly states in the strategy guide to get the firefly and wire from the mailbox...the programmers didn't allow room to go back like some games do for you to go back to get something that you might have missed.

[Post New]by murt57 on Nov 10, 15 9:03 AM
stuck in the spot with same issues as everyone else... VERY frustrating !!

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Nov 11, 15 6:26 AM
I've already had to restart the game using a different profile to counteract a problem I had with a lock and now I can't find this wire. Does this mean another profile and start yet again? This is not good enough. Does the developer not have quality testing? Very, very annoyed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I contacted customer support about this and, to be fair, I've been offered a coupon to get a replacement game which I think I'll accept. I may get the SE of this one and try again but, for now, I've had quite enough. I find it impossible to enjoy a game when I'm on tenterhooks waiting for the next glitch.

Edited on 11/12/2015 at 3:47:47 AM PST

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by marypenn on Nov 11, 15 2:34 PM
I am sorry that so many couldn't get the wire, but your comments allowed me to pick it up. I had written down the problem before playing the game. They should, at the very least, make the wire more visible. Again, thank-you.

maeveodonnell
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by maeveodonnell on Nov 21, 15 11:11 PM
Stuck in the same spot!!

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Dec 2, 15 8:29 PM
I am also stuck without the wire.

I will write to Customer service and get another game. I do not have the patience to start again. If they come out with a fix, I will replay sometime in the future.

[Post New]by gjfmom on Dec 13, 15 7:35 PM
I had the same problem with the wire. It stops the whole game. Enough people have had this problem so it should be fixed by now. I will ask for a refund and maybe try ti some other time. I will stay away fromFear For Sale games.

hollyodie
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by hollyodie on Dec 25, 15 6:32 PM
Same problem here. I had already started with a new profile due to an earlier problem and am now frustrated because there's no way to go back to pick up the wire. If a fix does not come out within the next few days for this glitch, I will also be asking for a refund. You should never have to keep starting a game over and over with a new profile and I've had to do that twice already in this game. Please get us a fix as I'm really enjoying the game.

jesterguy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jesterguy on Jan 8, 16 3:15 PM
I too am having the same problem with the wire maybe after enough complaints there will be a fix we can only hope this being sent back and forth and back and forth using a hint to show us how to find it with no help from the hint makes game play no fun at all and i too was really enjoying this game donna

Go to: