Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 5, 15 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

PLEASE NOTE: I cannot help you with any tech issues so would like you to stop sending me PMs for advice that I cannot answer. Post your tech issues in the game forum and someone should be able to deal with it. Thank you
[/i]

Edited on 11/05/2015 at 5:16:10 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 5, 15 5:17 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by shelterhill on Nov 5, 15 8:15 AM
Black bars on screen, if I want to change in options it says my screen resolution is too low, I have done everything mentioned in the help pages, this is the second game ( also ERS) that has this.
Nothing helped
I have contacted customer support but got a reply that was very odd and probably not for me.
Something about having to contact apple, but it's not an android problem, I only play on pc. So disappointed with cc as well

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Nov 5, 15 9:00 AM
I am having the same problem as you are. Second game this has happened. No buy for me.

Flissa2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Flissa2 on Nov 5, 15 9:08 AM
Windows 10 and another error access violation message and can't open the game. Come on ERS get with it..

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 5, 15 11:03 AM
My monitor is 22'' and the resolution is 1920x1080 ( which is the monitors native resolution). I am running Win7 Prof 64-bit on a desktop PC and have no black bars anywhere. This game fills my screen without me having to make any adjustments

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Nov 5, 15 11:09 AM
My wide-screen monitor is 21.5" using the highest resolution at 1920x1080. I'm not able to see either side of the games menu bar. In other words, the game gets stretched too much horizontally.

Your choice in options is either FULL SCREEN or NOT (meaning Windows only). That use to be old school settings, not something you'd expect from todays developers!

Very disappointed with ERS!

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Nov 5, 15 11:38 AM
All I get is a black screen and music in background. This happens with most of Er games. I have windows 7, and just trying to play the demo.

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Nov 5, 15 11:38 AM
All I get is a black screen and music in background. This happens with most of Er games. I have windows 7, and just trying to play the demo.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Nov 5, 15 11:46 AM
angelfish106 wrote:My monitor is 22'' and the resolution is 1920x1080 ( which is the monitors native resolution). I am running Win7 Prof 64-bit on a desktop PC and have no black bars anywhere. This game fills my screen without me having to make any adjustments

Yep, and therefor I think it is indeed the resolution. My monitor is set at 1280 x 1024, and that is not high enough..

Edited on 11/05/2015 at 11:46:23 AM PST

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Nov 5, 15 2:21 PM
Like many others posting in this forum, I too have the wide black bars top and bottom. That turns my 17" flat screen monitor into the equivalent of an 11" widescreen.

I have visual issues due to Multiple Sclerosis, so in order to see this game 'full size', I would have to buy a really big widescreen monitor. On a fixed income, that's just not possible. Nor would that be a rational decision just to play a few casual games!

It is a developing concern since this is the second game in recent weeks that is unplayable. The first was Dark Romance #3 Swan Sonata which displayed full height but cut off all the critical buttons on both sides.

Of course developers and BigFish have the right to try to sell games that out-class their formerly loyal customers. But how is that good business? What happened to the flexibility these same developers have shown in their other games so we could all purchase and play "full screen", regardless of whether we had a widescreen or not??

If this trend continues with more new games unplayable for me with my situation, I for one will go away quietly. Who needs a game club membership with a company that no longer sells new games that I can easily and successfully play?

Edited on 11/05/2015 at 2:23:03 PM PST

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Nov 5, 15 3:11 PM
swedane wrote:My wide-screen monitor is 21.5" using the highest resolution at 1920x1080. I'm not able to see either side of the games menu bar. In other words, the game gets stretched too much horizontally.

Your choice in options is either FULL SCREEN or NOT (meaning Windows only). That use to be old school settings, not something you'd expect from todays developers!

Very disappointed with ERS!

Ditto. Changing screen resolution does not help (and in one extremely annoying instance, resulted in my monitor displaying nothing but a black screen). Windowed mode is not supported by a resolution that makes my screen visible. I was able to play only up to when a HOG is supposed to display by the coach. Unfortunately, that area was off the screen to the left. No hint button visible, no exit button visible. No buy.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Nov 5, 15 4:24 PM
Unfortunately, the developers neglected to include an automatic display aspect ratio correction in this game. That keeps those black bars from appearing. I have a 17 inch laptop and had bars on the top and bottom. Had to manually change the resolution from 1024x720 to 1280x800
to see the game in full screen. Quite annoying to have to keep changing the resolution to play the game and then back again. As much as I like this series, I've decided not to buy the game until this is fixed.

For those who wish to buy it anyway, the only solution is to just keep trying different resolutions until you find one that fits your screen.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by swedane on Nov 5, 15 4:55 PM
shelterhill wrote:
angelfish106 wrote:My monitor is 22'' and the resolution is 1920x1080 ( which is the monitors native resolution). I am running Win7 Prof 64-bit on a desktop PC and have no black bars anywhere. This game fills my screen without me having to make any adjustments

Yep, and therefor I think it is indeed the resolution. My monitor is set at 1280 x 1024, and that is not high enough..
I wrote to a You Tuber and asked the same question. Answer was: 1920x1200. There's no way that people with smaller monitors can play the game.

mst3kr
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by mst3kr on Nov 5, 15 5:25 PM
Kicked me out after just 10 minutes of play telling me my trial was expired. Also, the screen had what looked like lightening flashes, but you know they weren't, happening every time someone spoke in the prologue, before you key in your name to play. Instant delete, never to download again.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Nov 6, 15 4:08 AM
I am disappointed to find that I have wide black bars on the top and bottom of the screen. Full screen is checked in the options, but I got to say that this is not full screen when a good 4 inches (2 inches from top and 2 inches from bottom) is black and the game is squeezed in the middle.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition

[Post New]by LarkBea on Nov 6, 15 5:00 AM
I wrote to a You Tuber and asked the same question. Answer was: 1920x1200. There's no way that people with smaller monitors can play the game.

If that's the case, there's no way anyone whose computer graphics card doesn't support WUXGA will be able to play this game. I have a widescreen monitor (actually a 32" tv) but my graphics card will not support resolution above 1600 x 1200, thus the overly stretched display in the game.

Edited on 11/06/2015 at 5:00:58 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition

[Post New]by shelterhill on Nov 6, 15 7:00 AM
LarkBea wrote:

If that's the case, there's no way anyone whose computer graphics card doesn't support WUXGA will be able to play this game. I have a widescreen monitor (actually a 32" tv) but my graphics card will not support resolution above 1600 x 1200, thus the overly stretched display in the game.

This is beyond a joke, my goodness...

[Post New]by celticmist62 on Nov 6, 15 4:23 PM
Flissa2 wrote:Windows 10 and another error access violation message and can't open the game. Come on ERS get with it..

Windows 10 and I have the same issue. At least it's with the demo. I'm not going to buy the game until this is resolved.

lkbambi
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by lkbambi on Nov 6, 15 7:37 PM
I just get the access error message and it kicks me out. Seems to be the norm for ERS games lately.

Go to: