Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 5, 15 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/05/2015 at 5:16:35 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by peglegann on Nov 5, 15 4:35 AM
Hello All

I hope that everyone that has a bonfire/fireworks in the UK will be safe tonight

I am thoroughly enjoying this game. Interesting story line and great graphics.

There are morphing objects, something to eat and collectibles. Not sure about the collectibles, as I did find a couple in the HO scenes.

The map is not too helpful, if I get a little lost. LOL!

I found the HO scenes to be challenging but then that could just be me.

Cannot believe that I will get all the achievements in this game.

Definitely worth a demo

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 5, 15 5:17 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, as do the developers as well as your fellow gamers. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM any one of our Moderators.

bfgWaimea

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Nov 7, 15 11:44 AM
Wasn't just me who didn't get very excited by this either
A no thank you sorry, but boring

[Post New]by Jimothy on Nov 8, 15 11:06 AM
OMG I am so addicted to this game. I give it 10 stars.. Only bad thing is my free trial is up aqnd I cant play it antmore.....(sad face)

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Nov 10, 15 5:38 AM
I enjoyed it, I got stuck, and had to start again, but it was a good game, totally different to the other games in the series, but it was still good, and you find out why the meddling little weasel does what he does, any also why he looks like he does, I'm pleased I stuck with the game and that I finished it

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Nov 22, 15 10:22 PM
Worst of the series so far. Not long enough, boring and just meh.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Nov 26, 15 7:02 AM
Based on completed game and bonus

I was going to stop doing this review stuff, but with only 6 reviews in the bank for this game, I thought I would drop in.

No technical issues for me. The game ran clean and smoothly.

I really liked this episode of Haunted Legends and would recommend it to fans of the series. I don't want to give spoilers, but delves into the past of the series' evil villain and is a sort of origins story. Personally, I like that as a fresh look at the game's characters instead of just another evil plot the bad guy created that your character has to foil. I enjoyed also the 3 ritual concept and working your way through events instead of locked doors. I thought it was a good effort in creativity and I appreciated it and had fun.

There are a few choices to make in this one. I really do like that ERS is easing into this concept that is really all the rage with adventure games these days. The end results are the same but by your choices, you can get there in slightly different ways. With some support for this idea, I hope that ERS and perhaps other developers will keep going with this. Choices are fun!

Gameplay was good in my opinion. A few of the mini-games let you do the casual/hard options (please keep going with that ERS - I love it). The challenge level on the puzzles ranged from simple to somewhat challenging. A decent variation to me, but nothing mind bending in this particular game. It was solid.

HOPs had a cat collectible theme running through them that I thought was brilliant. I had a lot of fun trying to find out how to get the cat in the scenes. In some he is just sitting there, but in others? I really had to hunt for the steps in how to grab him. There are no achievements for timed HOPs so you can get all the achievements and take your time in the HOP scenes to figure out where the hidden kitties are. I thought it was a creative and fun aspect to the standard HOP experience.

Game length? The SE will be standard if a teeny bit on the short side. ERS now has a tendency to really reward its CE purchasers. The bonus chapter was 14 pp in strategy guide and was a nice add-on to the main game. The main game has a definite conclusion - no cliffhangers. But the bonus gives us the next early adventure of our evil villain when he wasn't so very evil.

I was very glad to have bought and played this one and recommend it. Happy gaming!

Edited on 11/26/2015 at 7:03:29 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 4, 15 3:18 PM
Hi all! Well,we have #7 in this series..yep, got them all. I do have to say that I was not kicked out about this game when I beta tested it, gave it a 3, but it looks like someone paid attention to suggestions for a change. The colors are a bit muted, but clear and true. Graphics and animation are done quite well and mouths move with the voice overs. I like the voices, which have some emotion, fear, and urgency for realism, and they don't all sound like the same person is doing them. Game play was excellent, no lag or any problems during the demo. They added more sound FX, which really help with the "creepy" feel of this game, as does the music. The game started out with "choose" your dialog, which I really don't care for, but seems to have gone away...I hope. For those of you who don't care for things that jump at you, this game has it...just a warning, but well done.

HOPs are the standard with IHOP lists and the usual "here's a word, find the item." They are clean and items are not difficult to find. You do need to find 15 cats, which give you points to unlock more content. Don't know what that is, but going to find out. I do not see that there is a transport feature in this one, but so far there hasn't been any long distance traveling, just short hops here and there with objectives along the way. Hint system is very helpful and actually gives you a hint. SG is the standard stuff and collectibles are clearly marked.

Collectibles are many, e.g., morphing objects, which are not as easy to spot as you may think; cakes, which I found you eat, not sure what this does for you other than satisfy your sweet tooth; various symbols which are found in a glass container. Some of these are small, but not hard to find. You need to "break" the glass to collect the symbol. Don't know what these are for either.

This game is not especially challenging, but it flowed quite well and keeps you moving. The story is nothing new, but interesting enough to make me want to see what is happening and where it is going. Yes, someone needs to check the grammar and sentence content before releasing, e.g. "the reward will mine alone," but not a deal breaker. I did have to laugh at "pulse steady, check for breath." Um, if there is a pulse, there will definitely be breath because he is alive. Silly. Anyway, I think this newest addition will appeal to all levels of players. Of course, I am adding this one to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

Go to: