Black bars

[Post New]by shelterhill on Nov 5, 15 12:38 AM
Great, another ERS game that is unplayable, big bars up and down the screen..
I know it's because of my monitor, they require a very high resolution and mine doesn't go higher than 1280 x 1024..
So I have to buy a new monitor just for ERS??
No, I won't, but what a disappointment... I love ERS...

petrinov
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

Re:Black bars

[Post New]by petrinov on Nov 5, 15 12:54 AM
Are you sure? I'm running Windows 7 64bit, and my resultion doesn't go any higher, but I have no problem getting the game to run? Hope you an figure it out.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Nov 5, 15 1:08 AM
I've tried everything, but nothing helped, played redemption cemetery on the pc at my dad's house, he has a big monitor and I could play normal.
I get also the message that my monitor is not good enough for Windows display, whatever that means?

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

Black bars

[Post New]by swedane on Nov 5, 15 1:47 AM
shelterhill wrote:Great, another ERS game that is unplayable, big bars up and down the screen..
I know it's because of my monitor, they require a very high resolution and mine doesn't go higher than 1280 x 1024..

Only once before have I had a resolution problem, and never before with ERS.

I have a wide screen, highest resolution is, 1920x1080. I'm not able to see either side of the games menu bar. In order for the game to fill my screen it get stretched too much horizontally.

Another first: In options, your choice is either FULL SCREEN or NOT (meaning Windows only). That use to be old school settings, not something you'd expect from todays developer!

Black bars

[Post New]by shelterhill on Nov 5, 15 2:04 AM
swedane wrote:
shelterhill wrote:Great, another ERS game that is unplayable, big bars up and down the screen..

Only once before have I had a resolution problem, and never before with ERS.

I have a wide screen, highest resolution is, 1920x1080. I'm not able to see either side of the games menu bar. In order for the game to fill my screen it get stretched too much horizontally.

Another first: In options, your choice is either FULL SCREEN or NOT (meaning Windows only). That use to be old school settings, not something you'd expect from todays developer!

This is strange!!

I was so sure it was the resulotion, now I am not so sure anymore, but what is causing this problem then??
I have contacted customer support, but for the first time in years, I didn't get an answer...

Edited on 11/05/2015 at 2:06:58 AM PST

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

Black bars

[Post New]by swedane on Nov 5, 15 2:38 AM
shelterhill wrote:

This is strange!!

I was so sure it was the resulotion, now I am not so sure anymore, but what is causing this problem then??
I have contacted customer support, but for the first time in years, I didn't get an answer...

I'm glad to hear you contacted ERS. I emailed them a few minutes ago. Perhaps that will get them to put-on their thinking hats!

Hope Saturdays game is without flaws, getting slightly fed up with problem games.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Nov 5, 15 5:31 AM
Sorry about the problems. I'm operating Windows 10 64 bit with a 27" monitor, no black bars yet, it opened in full screen with everything i.e. the inventory is in full view.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Nov 5, 15 5:52 AM
Which resolution do you play on??

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 5, 15 6:25 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that there seem to be some display issues with this game. When theree are issues such as black bars or when a game is not displaying properly, it usually indicates that the driver for your monitor needs to be updated or that your screen resolution needs to be adjusted. It doesn't necessarily mean that your monitor needs to be set at the highest resolution.

For steps that will walk you through updating your driver and/or adjusting your monitor resolution, we recommend the following help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you'd like additional assistance, I recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

To ensure that you reach one of our Reps, just be sure to reply to all emails that you receive from Support. If a reply isn't received from you, the system will automatically close your request. If you have yet to receive an email from Support, I do apologize for the delay. Do know that one of our Reps will be in touch with you as soon as possible

Since this thread is regarding a tech issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. If you notice any other tech issues in the future, you're definitely welcome to post in the corresponding thread:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: The Secret of Life Collector's Edition here

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

Go to: