dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

I disagree. Not a bad game.

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Oct 13, 09 2:37 PM
It's short yes, but when you play as many games like this as I do, they ALL seem short.

I liked that it was easier to get away from the hunter in this one. It didn't seem like you were going all over creation trying to follow the ghosts like in the last one where I got lost in the never ending hallway even with the walkthrough telling me which directions to go. (It wasn't accurate btw.)

I liked the moody scenery, and now that I was used to locked doors, I rather liked them. No reason to go into rooms you don't need to do anything in like so many other games.

I didn't get through it without the walk through completely, but that was more impatience on my part and wanting to continue the storyline.

One thing I didn't like it that the first story in particular had less "ghosts" to help and seemed like it was longer coming than the ending. Course I loved the fact that the ghosts are talking directly to you (same in part one but more prevalent from the get-go here).

I did not like how easy I got turned around in the orphanage, but honestly, that might have just been me.

And lastly, spoiler I guess. In white.

Why is it when you destroy the spell it's not over then if that's what the Brit and Kelly said would happen? That part seemed like a continuity error to me, but I still liked the ending ghost scenes. Oh and how if the nun is 2 ft in front of Del with an axe does he miraculously get away? Hmpfh. That could have been written better.

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

Re:I disagree. Not a bad game.

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on Oct 13, 09 4:03 PM
Hi dashwood95,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Delaware St. John: The Town with No Name !

We also have a review thread stickied at the top of this forum. If you're interested, please feel free to repost what you said here in this thread to ensure that others looking for reviews will see it.

You can get there by clicking here.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Oct 13, 09 4:42 PM
I have the same problem with getting turned around. I can't seem to find Hazels room. Can you help me I am using the walkthrough and faced Sister Grace and saw the man ghost supposedly in the hallway where Hazels's room is. But no luck in opening the doors in that hallway. I am getting frustrated. I also like this one better. Like you said the monster in the first one was harder to escape from and I gave up and didn't finish it. Any help you can give me will be appreciated.

gamer_girl_09
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by gamer_girl_09 on Oct 14, 09 10:00 AM
graytori wrote:I have the same problem with getting turned around. I can't seem to find Hazels room. Can you help me I am using the walkthrough and faced Sister Grace and saw the man ghost supposedly in the hallway where Hazels's room is. But no luck in opening the doors in that hallway. I am getting frustrated. I also like this one better. Like you said the monster in the first one was harder to escape from and I gave up and didn't finish it. Any help you can give me will be appreciated.

Standing beside Sister Helena's room, begin walking down the hallway (away from the stairs). Watch/listen carefully for someone to call Delaware's name and then try entering the next couple of doors.

If none of them open, or you don't hear his name called, feel free to message me.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Oct 16, 09 2:17 PM
I'll tell you what I did the first time when I saw the man. I didn't realize I didn't have to go "forward or up" in the hallway first to get to that door he's by. I didn't notice that the arrow would turn on an upward angle in front of that door he's standing outside, and that clicking on it would ensure I ended up in front of the right door.

Go to: