Recipe Box Puzzle

[Post New]by Tootsiedawn34 on Oct 13, 09 9:34 PM
I am so stuck here. I been trying to get this for over an hour!

I must be stupid or something. I did just like the hint said and put the red and purple triangles in order first, but the blue and yellow are just barely out of line, how do I get them in line? I have tried everything I can think of. I looked at the blog walkthrough and it wasn't any help at all. It just says the same thing the game says.

Uzea
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

Re:Recipe Box Puzzle

[Post New]by Uzea on Oct 14, 09 12:51 AM
I have the same problem, hope someone can help

Uzea
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Uzea on Oct 14, 09 12:56 AM
Did it I started to put the middel triangles in place first

[Post New]by TheBookGirl on Oct 14, 09 8:45 AM
Ok, maybe I'm not just understanding the directions. I'm trying to make the whole puzzle on the right (the only one that moves) look exactly like the whole one on the left. So, the entire top outside should be red, and the entire outside row of the bottom should be purple, right? To me that matches the other puzzle. There just aren't the same enough of the same colors. I've even counted them, and there's not as many of each color on one side as the other side, so WTH?

Can someone tell me if I'm just not understanding the directions? I mean I've done the game pretty easily up to this point.

[Post New]by lasergirl on Oct 14, 09 10:23 AM
i'm stuck too i've even tried to do the inside out and have the middle lined up just not the red and purple please get nsome help been working on it since 10 this morning and it is now 1:18 in the afternoon thank for any input to help me get past this

[Post New]by TheBookGirl on Oct 14, 09 10:47 AM
Oh, LaserGirl, I'm so glad to know it's not just me spending way too much time trying to figure this out...LOL!

Here's my deal....there's not enough of any of the colors on either half to make the match. There needs to be 3 blues on one half of the middle, right? Well, there aren't 3 blues on the bottom to begin with, and there's no way to flip any triangles on top to make 3 on the bottom.

I went through the beads and the bag-packing puzzles pretty fast, so I think I'm not TOO big a retard, but I'm not even getting this, and it stinks because you can't continue.

BTW, even going through the Walkthrough adds no additional info.

help.....

[Post New]by lasergirl on Oct 14, 09 1:11 PM
finally got it!!!!! yay

[Post New]by veronique875 on Oct 14, 09 1:20 PM
There are two ways to move the pieces; one, by the center spinner and two, by the spinners on the outside.

You spin the outside [well, they are not outside the whole thing, but outer] to get a color piece to the inside, then spin the inside to get that piece to another space, and spin that new outside one to get the two of the same color on the outside.

There really are enough colors to solve the puzzle.

But it is hard to explain without a picture, or without doing the puzzle right then.

bfgEuphrates
1,152 Posts

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Oct 14, 09 1:33 PM
veronique875 wrote:There are two ways to move the pieces; one, by the center spinner and two, by the spinners on the outside.

You spin the outside [well, they are not outside the whole thing, but outer] to get a color piece to the inside, then spin the inside to get that piece to another space, and spin that new outside one to get the two of the same color on the outside.

There really are enough colors to solve the puzzle.

But it is hard to explain without a picture, or without doing the puzzle right then.

SPOILER WARNING

I think this is a great explanation for that puzzle. I focused on lining up the colors on the outer edge first and then the inner triangles fit very easily. So, just line up the outside triangles first by spinning the wheels just a few times.

Once you have those two colors together, then line up all of the other triangle pairs on the outside edge. Then you'll be left with only the center triangles and you should be able to easily get them split up by color.

I hope this helps!

bfgEuphrates

newmary
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by newmary on Oct 14, 09 5:28 PM
Thanks! I was getting really frustrated, but I slowed down and followed your directions and it worked!!!

[Post New]by mcycling on Oct 15, 09 7:46 AM
Help! I can not get this puzzle. I press the center and make triangles rotate however I can not move any of the pieces. What am I doing wrong?

[Post New]by veronique875 on Oct 16, 09 7:59 AM
Nothing. The only way to move is by spinning the inner or outer circles. Each segment of the circle has three triangles, two on the outside and one on the inside. You can spin that segment around and around and around but you don't get anywhere. What you need to do is, say you need to move a red triangle to the NEXT segment. Spin your segment until the red triangle is on the INSIDE. Now, see that dot in the very middle of the circle? THAT is another spinner which I missed at first. Spin THAT spinner to move the red triangle from the segment it was just in to the next segment. Then spin the next segment to place the red triangle on the outside. Keep doing it.

You might end up with all colors on the outside correct but the inside messed up; just keep working and you will get it.

Gill_Dudley
Minnow
Minnow
239 Posts

[Post New]by Gill_Dudley on Oct 16, 09 11:03 AM
Yea me too I'm stuck at the same point

[Post New]by veronique875 on Oct 18, 09 10:00 PM
If you can't get it by arranging the outside first try arranging the inside first.

[Post New]by CQueen69 on Nov 2, 09 9:40 PM
Match up the outside colors first! Much easier that way.

[Post New]by Mr_Mongoose on Nov 28, 13 6:00 PM
Am I the only one that gets the blank spaces in their puzzle? I'll turn the center wheel and see all the colors and pieces, but when I start moving my outer wheels parts of the puzzle go invisible and I can't see everything anymore. Is this supposed to happen or is my game just fritzing?

Go to: