making the candle

making the candle

[Post New]by Bugrat on Nov 6, 15 1:43 AM
I'm having trouble making the candle for the final night. I've mixed the ingredients but it won't let me put the wick or the mixture into the mold. Can anyone help?

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

Re:making the candle

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Nov 6, 15 2:24 PM
Having the same problem

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on Nov 7, 15 2:29 AM
I had the same problem. I figured out you have to put the wick in first then pour the liquid. Hope this helps.

[Post New]by MaryAnn1209 on Nov 7, 15 1:07 PM
where do you put the wick in.... I've tried all over and it won't go in...!

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on Nov 8, 15 3:43 AM
You just pick up the wick & click on the box and it'll be put in there when you do that.

Edited on 11/08/2015 at 3:50:59 PM PST

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Nov 8, 15 1:19 PM
Where did you find the blood and the melting pot? I can't seem to locate that scene, and it's apparently the only thing I'm missing!

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on Nov 8, 15 3:52 PM
The blood you get at the cabin. To the right is a memorial to Meril with her picture and when you arrange the candles correctly, she cries blood and you need a tube to put it in. I forgot where you get the melting pot. If I remember, I'll post.

Edit: The tube for the blood is also at the cabin in the box inside. The Elder gives you the melting pot at the House on the Hill after you give him the Evidence against Gavin. Hope this helps.

Edited on 11/08/2015 at 3:56:57 PM PST

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Nov 8, 15 4:13 PM
Thank you for your reply on the blood. I went back and reread the guide and finally figured it out. Now I can't get the wick in the candle box! I'm sure its very fine tuned as to where on the box to click! I haven't found that spot yet!

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on Nov 8, 15 4:39 PM
You're welcome. I already beat it a 2nd time for both main and bonus. Got all achievements. What I remember about the purification candle is you click on the candle box (should have a magnifying glass on it), put what you need on the screen according to the guide (might help if you put it on the screen in the order it says), and follow the directions on that paper on what to put in first. I know you put the ingredients in the bowl, mash it, the blood goes in after the dry ingredients, then you put the wick in, then pour the mixture. All I remember is picking up the wick and clicking on the candle box. The first time I did have trouble. I tried putting the mixture in before the wick. The directions says to put the wick in before the mixture. Hope this helps.

Edited on 11/08/2015 at 4:45:47 PM PST

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Nov 8, 15 4:44 PM
I can do everything except get the wick in the box to make the candle! Where on the box do you click? I have already mixed the ingredients up!

jaldeer
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by jaldeer on Nov 8, 15 4:46 PM
See my above post.

gnan2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by gnan2 on Nov 8, 15 6:07 PM
jaldeer wrote:I had the same problem. I figured out you have to put the wick in first then pour the liquid. Hope this helps.

gnan2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by gnan2 on Nov 8, 15 6:10 PM
I have tried a hundred times - have mixed all the ingredients as per instructions
I cannot make the wick go in however much I try. And I cannot pour the ingredients first then add the wick I tried that. Hellllppp!!

gnan2
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by gnan2 on Nov 8, 15 6:11 PM
Is there a particular place on the candle mould to click perhaps

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Nov 8, 15 6:45 PM
Gnan, maybe you can get out of it the way I did. I looked around for other areas to play and found some that then ended the game and I'm now in the bonus chapter. I never did the wick in the mold to make the candle! For whatever reason the game just skipped that area. It was still in my inventory and yet I was able to finish the game and start the bonus chapter!? I don't get it, but I'll take it!

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Nov 9, 15 6:19 AM
The bottle will eventually lead you to a vial to get the blood. Keep looking around, you'll find it!

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Nov 9, 15 5:34 PM
Walk down from where you got the bottle. You'll find a H0S & an area where you use that particular bottle, then return to the house/grave area.

I've clicked all around & over the candle making kit trying to put the wick in but haven't found the 'right' spot yet I'll try again & if it doesn't work, I'll try the old exit & restart game trick

K

MrsSkippy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,388 Posts

[Post New]by MrsSkippy on Nov 10, 15 9:26 AM
After starting the game completely over, I realized what I did wrong. You have to make sure you put the wick up with the rest of the candle making things. I was trying to take it right out of the inventory box and place it. When I had it with everything else it went into the mold with no problem. Hope this helps

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Nov 10, 15 10:49 PM
I had the same problem with the wick, and tried several times. Like someone else wrote, I closed the candle down and clicked on the woman and it worked. I still had unfinished candle in my inventory.

[Post New]by pam72149cunningh on Nov 14, 15 4:53 PM
Mrs. Skippy is correct, if you did not put the wick up with the other ingredients you will not be able to place the wick. I had to start all over, as well. Once I had all of the ingredients the wick popped into place.

Go to: