Tabbitha53
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Game not installing properly

[Post New]by Tabbitha53 on Oct 14, 09 7:40 AM
I have just bought and installed this game but am getting the message below.

Cannot find important DLL may be missing,corrupt or wrong version.File " mingwm 10.dll" error 998

Can anyone offer any help / ideas please ?

* I have uninstalled /reinstalled but there is no difference.

Edited on 10/14/2009 at 7:44:48 AM PST

Re:Game not installing properly

[Post New]by cbenson775 on Oct 14, 09 9:11 AM
I have the same problem, but my error message says :Cannot find import; DLL my be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File "d3d9.dll", error 126

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Oct 14, 09 12:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear that some folks are having trouble with Curse of the Pharaoh: Tears of Sekhmet. I would recommend making sure that your computers software is up to date. Here's a link to a great article that will help you with that. You can also use it to contact our Customer Support team if updating your computer doesn't solve the problem for you:

Frequent Crashing of Game

I hope this helps!

bfgErie

[Post New]by turtledisc on Oct 15, 09 4:32 PM
Hey, not sure if you're still getting this error, but I started getting this error today after being able to successfully play the game earlier this week. If you're running Vista, I found running the command prompt as an administrator and typing in the command "regsvr32 vbscript.dll" (without the quotes) fixed it.

I've noticed that if you install the Microsoft updates you sometimes have to do this to resolve some really strange errors that happen.

Neesh72
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Neesh72 on Oct 28, 09 1:59 PM
I received the same error a message as well. And I followed what you did turtledisc and still the same problem.

And you are right, Windows had just completed and update about an hour before this happened.

If you have any other ideas or suggestions, please advise.

Thanks!

[Post New]by lpratt1946 on Oct 30, 09 3:38 PM
I am having the same problem, playing fine one day and the next I received the error message. Help Thanks Lynn

[Post New]by hillbillynanny on Nov 6, 09 5:10 AM
I cannot get the free trial version of this and several other games to install properly. I am running Windows XP. Any advice??? Thanks
Jean

Blue_Phoenix
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Blue_Phoenix on Dec 5, 09 8:41 AM
Geez, I hope this doesnt happen to me! This game just came out for Macs and Im downloading right now. I hope it doesnt trip me up with errors. I never had troubles, ever, in the past with games from here but I recently tried to download (and then play) the game Trapped: Abducted and it simply will not start at all- even tho it ticks away at my free trial time all the while giving me a freeze and black screen. I know Im def not alone in that boat. But here's hoping this game doesnt have those hiccups in the Mac version. And hope it gets fixed for the PC ppl too.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 5, 09 10:54 AM
Blue_Phoenix wrote:Geez, I hope this doesnt happen to me! This game just came out for Macs and Im downloading right now. I hope it doesnt trip me up with errors. I never had troubles, ever, in the past with games from here but I recently tried to download (and then play) the game Trapped: Abducted and it simply will not start at all- even tho it ticks away at my free trial time all the while giving me a freeze and black screen. I know Im def not alone in that boat. But here's hoping this game doesnt have those hiccups in the Mac version. And hope it gets fixed for the PC ppl too.

I am also on a Mac. The game here will not save player name or progress.

[Post New]by nysasblaze on Jul 25, 10 3:33 AM
Was going to trial this and got the same message.
To be honest just can't be bothered with faffing about with the registry, something that I avoid doing unless absolutely necessary and only for business not games.
Guess I'll give this one a miss.

Go to: