Explorer's League Epic Quest

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Nov 6, 15 12:09 PM
It's a tale of epic epicness!

Well, not really. But it's a quest for the ultimate ancient artifact! The Explorer's League is trying to find an ancient item that is rumored to be located somewhere in Bushwhackia. They've heard that clues to the artifact's location were stored in ancient lockboxes and scattered throughout the lands. Since you signed on to help them out, your first task will be tracking down the mysterious lockboxes.

You need to have built the fourth floor of the skyscraper and completed up to the Molten Core in the caves in order to start this new adventure. Can you find them all?

Erika
CNE Community Manager

Edited on 11/06/2015 at 12:10:50 PM PST

Re:Explorer's League Epic Quest

[Post New]by ultraviolet69 on Nov 6, 15 12:41 PM
So I found Fiona in the Mysterious Forest, spoke to her, began whacking in the field she specified, and I cannot find any lockboxes. So far I've blown through over 1000 energy, and not a single one. I don't want to waste all my energy in this field which I passed long, long ago if this challenge isn't working correctly. What is the deal with this? Anyone?

apples16951
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by apples16951 on Nov 6, 15 1:34 PM
I have found both lockboxes fairly quickly. You are whacking the field to the RIGHT of where Fiona is standing, correct?

[Post New]by TracySewTat on Nov 6, 15 1:45 PM
apples: I found the first one in the field to the right of Fiona, Then I went back and talked to Fiona and she said to look in the fields that have a glow. What glow? Where did you find the second lockbox?

[Post New]by ultraviolet69 on Nov 6, 15 2:13 PM
apples16951 wrote:I have found both lockboxes fairly quickly. You are whacking the field to the RIGHT of where Fiona is standing, correct?

Correct. It's getting pretty frustrating. I guess I just need to keep going. I have no idea why you got yours so quickly, and I'm here blowing through all my energy with nothing to show for it. Ugh.

Discus3
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Discus3 on Nov 6, 15 2:14 PM
TracySewTat wrote:apples: I found the first one in the field to the right of Fiona, Then I went back and talked to Fiona and she said to look in the fields that have a glow. What glow? Where did you find the second lockbox?

TracySewTat,

There is one in The Dusty Incline. It's in the field all the way to the right (it may be Field 4).

Look at the top of fence posts very carefully for a slight glow with blue and yellow or orange.

Take your time with this one and look for any signs of very slight movement.

Good luck to you and everyone!

Naniwa_man
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Naniwa_man on Nov 6, 15 2:51 PM
I found one in The Windy Crest field 5, Dusty Loop F-4, Lower Evergreen F-4, Upper Evergreen F-4. That's all for now.
(Dusty Incline's got one in field "5", not "4").

Happy Whacking!

[Post New]by zoomzoomZombie on Nov 6, 15 3:22 PM
Okay, not liking this quest at all. I can't stand having to traipse around completed areas to find something. My energy is almost gone after the first two lockboxes. I'm not finding this fun in the least. Two thumbs down.

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Nov 6, 15 3:22 PM
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a list of all the locations the chests....

1. Mysterious Forest
2. Shady Forest - 2nd field from top
3. Dusty incline - furthest field on right
4. Windy Crest - bottom right
5. Dusty loop - top right
6. Lower Evergreen Forest - bottom right
7. Upper Evergreen Forest - bottom right
8. Deep Swamp - top right
9. Mountain Peak - bottom left
10. Terrifying Traverse - top left
11. Creepy Crevice - bottom right
12. Sickening Stream - top
13. Feeshi Island - top left
14. Desert City Gate - bottom right
15. Ancient Port - top right
16. Tribal Village- bottom right
17. Outer Temple Ruins - top left
18. Jungle Temple - top
19. Main Mine - top left
20. Molten Core

Enjoy!!

Edited on 11/06/2015 at 4:14:40 PM PST

VisionAri
Minnow
Minnow
218 Posts

[Post New]by VisionAri on Nov 6, 15 3:24 PM
ultraviolet69 wrote:So I found Fiona in the Mysterious Forest, spoke to her, began whacking in the field she specified, and I cannot find any lockboxes. So far I've blown through over 1000 energy, and not a single one. I don't want to waste all my energy in this field which I passed long, long ago if this challenge isn't working correctly. What is the deal with this? Anyone?

It's been 600 energy for me (so far) with not a lockbox in sight. I'm about to doze off.

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Nov 6, 15 3:25 PM
I think luck has a lot to do with drop rate of boxes as I used over 4000 energy to find both boxes. And I agree, if it is this hard to find boxes why waste the energy. I am already working on very poor drop rate of puzzle pieces while being capped with 3 zones to still finish. Not sure I want to spend, LOL rephrase that, I don't think I will use my energy on the off chance of getting a box before my energy bar runs out if the drop rate is going to be this poor for me. Maybe after, or if I finish the last few islands.

[Post New]by zoomzoomZombie on Nov 6, 15 3:49 PM
Thanks to those who have posted locations. Much appreciated.

dinsb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by dinsb on Nov 6, 15 5:25 PM
Thank you, Rumbi. These old eyes simply cannot see the alleged fence post glow, so your specific help is a lifesaver.

tgcougar
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by tgcougar on Nov 6, 15 5:41 PM
TracySewTat wrote:apples: I found the first one in the field to the right of Fiona, Then I went back and talked to Fiona and she said to look in the fields that have a glow. What glow? Where did you find the second lockbox?

Tracy As you enter/leave each field, there are two posts that demark each opening. Look for little wisps (think 'colored smoke' - this is the "glow") emanating from one of the four posts, and you will know that there is still a lock box to be found from whacking.

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Nov 6, 15 6:30 PM
Rumbitothecore wrote:SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!

Here's a list of all the locations the chests....

Enjoy!!

Thanks so much. I sure am not seeing anything glowing so this would be a total exercise in frustration without your kind guidance!

Oh, I just found a post in the center of Shady Forest - 2nd field from top. It wasn't one of the outside posts but one in right in the center. Good to know what I am looking for. Sure would not call that a glow, more like wisps of fog or smoke!

Edited on 11/06/2015 at 6:33:20 PM PST

hrslvr_paints
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,224 Posts

[Post New]by hrslvr_paints on Nov 6, 15 10:07 PM
The glow isn't alway on the posts at the entrance and exit of the field. In at least one, it was on a random pole stuck in the middle of the field.

And the drop rate is super random and not great. I've dropped easily 6K of energy on trying to find one chest and no dice yet.

teisfortiger
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by teisfortiger on Nov 7, 15 3:45 AM
In the Feeshi Island, it's a piece of ground near one of the torch. Took me forever to spot.

[Post New]by TracySewTat on Nov 7, 15 5:06 AM
Thanks for the help. My eyesight is not good enough to find these fields on my own. The drop rate is also frustrating. This morning I found that when you are in one of these fields you can't get your dailies. So we have to do our dailes then if there is any energy left go find one of these fields and hope to get a lockbox.

It's going to take me a long time to finish this quest at this rate.

apples16951
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by apples16951 on Nov 7, 15 8:02 AM
FRUSTRATED. There were a couple of locations where I did not see any wisps of smoke, so I skipped them and went on to the other locations (thanks Zoom Zoom!). Now I can't remember which ones I skipped, and there's no way to identify the locations of the boxes I DID find. I'm missing two. I think I shall never finish this quest.

Flybaby
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by Flybaby on Nov 7, 15 8:06 AM
First of all, I want to give a big thanks to Rumbitothecore, and everyone that contributed to the list of locations. Without it, I would not have been able to do this quest. The biggest problem I have [playing on a laptop], is that if I don't have my screen adjusted just the right way, I can't see the glow thing at all ... it simply disappears. I have to tilt my screen every which way to be able to see it, just to be sure I'm in the right field. I am also doing the quest in the exact order of the list and crossing off the locations as I do them, because the glow things disappear afterwards, and it would be near impossible to go back later to check on locations I may have missed. I got an "internal error" in one location, and had to reboot. The glow thing had disappeared, so now I don't know if I got the lockbox or not. All I can do is wait until the end of the quest, and go back to it if I have one missing. I have to agree with some of the other posts, that this quest would be so much more enjoyable if there were clues to follow [similar to the treasure hunts on AI]. This quest is a big thumbs down for me.
P.S. Be sure to play in full screen mode, as sometimes the little glow thing can be hidden behind the quest or energy bars

Edited on 11/07/2015 at 8:20:11 AM PST

Go to: