bfgEuphrates
1,152 Posts

iPhone/iPod Touch version of Nick Chase: A Detective Story available!

[Post New]by bfgEuphrates on Oct 14, 09 5:07 PM
Hi Fishies!

Just wanted to swim by and let you know that Big Fish Games has just released Nick Chase: A Detective Story for the iPhone/iPod Touch. It’s the same great game you know and love, optimized for iPhone and iPod Touch screens.

If you own the iPhone/iPod Touch version of this game and need hints for puzzles in the game, you can search for answers in the general Nick Chase: A Detective Story forum. The puzzles in the download game are very similar. If you can’t find answers to your question, click “Create New Discussion” to post your question in the forum. If you have a question that is specific to the iPhone/iPod Touch, feel free to post that question in this thread.

For other iPhone/iPod Touch games from Big Fish, be sure to check our website devoted simply to those titles.

www.bfgiphone.com

Edited to Add: We've launched a new discussion board/help site for our iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch games. This site is powered by Get Satisfaction, and you can access it directly from here.

Here, you can interact with other players and Big Fish Games moderators to get all kinds of information about how to complete certain puzzles and other gameplay tips, technical issues with the games, and news about game updates and releases.

To sign in, you can either set up a Get Satisfaction account or sign in using your Facebook, Google or Twitter credentials, all for free.

Happy gaming!

Edited on 12/05/2011 at 6:06:39 AM PST

Re:iPhone/iPod Touch version of Nick Chase: A Detective Story available!

[Post New]by lluxenburg on Oct 21, 09 1:47 PM
I'm stuck at the point where Nick is in a motel room and the Task says I have to wait until dark. Do I change the time on my iTouch to make it dark or what do I do? Nothing is happening as I have tried waiting and the iTouch shuts down after inactivity.

[Post New]by agwisk on Oct 21, 09 5:32 PM
I'm also stuck in the motel room. I'm unable to open the combination lock, and the tip to open it from the strategy guide for PC/MAC isn't working. HELP!

[Post New]by ddeblorog on Oct 23, 09 3:59 PM
Game freezing and turns off. What do you do to fix ? thank you

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
861 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Oct 23, 09 5:08 PM
I just bought it at $0.99 -- what a steal!! Just started playing and I'm loving it! I really love the graphic comic book art style. BFG certainly chose the right game to port over to the iPhone, seeing as there are a lot of comic book fans on the iTunes appstore community.

I haven't gotten to the motel room yet, but I'll be sure to post back here once I reach that part!

[Post New]by Jennisaur on Oct 25, 09 2:15 PM
I am loving this game. Gameplay is great and it is definitely entertaining. Unfortunately, I am stuck in the construction yard at the Empire hotel! I have gotten through and grabbed the shears, but I can't seem to do anything else. I looked it up online and it seems that when I run to the bushes next to the fence, a minigame should automatically start; for me, Nick just stands there until he gets busted by a spotlight. Any tips?

Edited on 10/25/2009 at 2:16:06 PM PST

[Post New]by Jennisaur on Oct 25, 09 2:20 PM
I got stuck in the motel room, too;

When you are supposed to 'wait for until dark,' tap the newspaper on the floor by the bed. There is an article and a crossword in the lower right hand corner. Tap the crossword and complete it, and when you're done it will be dark!

The combination lock was tough. What worked for me was this; turn the lock clockwise until you hear it click, and then wait and let the lock fall. After it has fallen, turn it counter clockwise until it clicks, and then wait for it to fall again. Then, again, turn it clockwise until the click. The lock should fall again and now you're done!

I hope that's helpful.

[Post New]by Norkio on Oct 30, 09 3:33 PM
Once I got the lock to unlock but then nothing would happen. I thought the game was locked up so I restarted. Since then I can't get the lock to unlock and I can't get the "skip" button to work. I really don't want to have to play this from the beginning. Is this a bug or am I just lame?

[Post New]by Hartliy on Oct 31, 09 6:41 AM
Hi all love this style of game play but a newbie and stuck with trying to find a concoction for the analyser. I know - easy but cant fix it. Have the matches and what looks to be a red tube like container and no hint bullets available so help. Have tried placing the red tube thing all over the analyser but no joy.

[Post New]by CatnipH on Nov 1, 09 12:52 PM
I've also got to the lock in the motel room only for the game to freeze (I opened it once, but nothing happened and now it won't even open).

I restarted the phone, but that didn't work, so eventually I deleted and redownloaded the game. I've just played it all once more but yet again I got stuck at the lock.

I guess it's just a bug affecting certain iPhones. Real shame as I thought the game was excellent

[Post New]by jobhavelaar on Nov 4, 09 2:43 AM
Game freezing and turns off by me as well... So what do I do? I can't finish it now :-(

[Post New]by baolka on Nov 5, 09 11:33 PM
I'm stuck with the crossword in the motel room. Please help

[Post New]by 71Tiger on Nov 18, 09 10:28 AM
Same here with the lock in the motel room. On my iPod Touch it is not an active area and there is no way to "turn" it as suggested. I have no interest in starting over with this game.

[Post New]by HarringtonVO on Dec 4, 09 1:55 AM
Hey Everybody! Glad to see so much interest in the game. Thanks for playing.

Adam Harrington (voice of Nick Chase)

[Post New]by kmac_55 on Dec 6, 09 8:53 AM
Hey is anyone else having trouble reloading the game, I was really enjoying the game and now I can't play it.....gutted .

[Post New]by dmccray on Jan 12, 10 5:10 PM
Help. I can't get past repairing the analyzer, and my hints disappear before I can use them. Can't find the tubing.

[Post New]by stumped4now on Jun 26, 10 9:41 AM
Loved Nick Chase for iPhone. Waiting for sequel forever! Is one in the works?

[Post New]by punky3693 on Jul 5, 10 6:52 PM
That's fine but paid $4.99 and the game doesn't load past the opening page - the game does not work at all - please fix it Thank you

[Post New]by rbecca_1986 on Jul 17, 10 3:09 PM
Going crazy here!!!
I want to play this game but it crashes on the menu screen and sends me back to I phone menu can anyone help me fix it I'm desperate! ?

[Post New]by viviangirl on Jul 23, 10 9:09 PM
I'm having same problem. Have iPhone. Purchased app several months ago.Worked fine. Now, I launch app, & within 5 seconds of clicking "new game" (or "continue" - same button), I'm dumped back to iPhone menu. Infuriating. Have submitted problem to Big Fish but have yet to hear.Given frequency of problem appearing here, maybe it's a general bug they'll fix.

Go to: