Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Lands: The Golden Curse Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 7, 15 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

PLEASE NOTE: I cannot help you with any tech issues so would like you to stop sending me PMs for advice that I cannot answer. Post your tech issues in the game forum and someone should be able to deal with it. Thank you
[/i]

Edited on 11/07/2015 at 7:33:36 AM PST

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Lands: The Golden Curse Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 7, 15 7:34 AM
Hi Everyone,

If there's trouble with getting Lost Lands: The Golden Curse Collector's Edition to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

In some cases, we can provide a known solution for technical issues in the Forums. In addition, some of our tech savvy pond residents may also swim by with good tips and suggestions. However, we're unable to provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. This is because the Forums are not well suited for the type of information-gathering and troubleshooting that's needed in order to correct issues of this nature.

If you're unable to get a game working properly using our Help pages or the tips posted here, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact Customer Support on the front page of our Help pages section.

Contacting Customer Support will help us to gather necessary information on what types of systems are being affected by the problem and to share this information with the developer in order to work towards a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting Customer Support, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWaimea

desandnrs
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Lost Lands: The Golden Curse Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by desandnrs on Nov 7, 15 12:38 PM
I could not exit the game. I kept clicking on the MENU button, but it did not do anything. I had to shut down my computer to get out.

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Nov 7, 15 2:49 PM
i can not use the map. It does not open.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Nov 7, 15 5:08 PM
uwflossi

Thought I had a problem with the map too. I found that there is a very small "sweet spot" that needs to be clicked on to get it to open.

The only way I can think of to describe it is to say you must click on the rim of the tube that holds the map. You'll know you've got the right spot because you'll hear the "paper" sound and, of course, the map will open. Hope this helps.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Nov 7, 15 5:13 PM
desandnrs said,

I could not exit the game. I kept clicking on the MENU button, but it did not do anything. I had to shut down my computer to get out.

I had this issue too...briefly. I tried to exit while a mini-game was on the screen. The menu button wouldn't let me exit. I had to exit the mini-game before the menu button would respond.

I don't know if that was the case with you, but maybe this will help? Hope so.

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Nov 8, 15 10:37 AM
9otters wrote:uwflossi

Thought I had a problem with the map too. I found that there is a very small "sweet spot" that needs to be clicked on to get it to open.

The only way I can think of to describe it is to say you must click on the rim of the tube that holds the map. You'll know you've got the right spot because you'll hear the "paper" sound and, of course, the map will open. Hope this helps.

Hello dear 9otters thank you so much for your help. Yes, the spot is really small. I noticed the spot at once. But I had to close and restart the game so it worked (sorry, I am German). thank you very much

Happy gaming

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Nov 9, 15 12:38 AM
Game froze. Was unable to ctrl alt delete. Had to shut down laptop.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Nov 9, 15 3:04 PM
uwflossi!

Well, I'm in the same spot as desandners now. Menu button does not work. Had to ctrl+alt+del to close. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Menu button worked ONCE after that...then back to being unresponsive.

This is the same problem many of us had with New York Mysteries: High Voltage. Same Dev. Same issue.

And...one of the horses is missing its head when I go back to collect the Harpy's gold.

PC, Windows 7, Home Premium, 64 bit

edit: I'm back. This time could not exit with the "3-finger salute". Had to close down the hard way. Great game, but biting my tongue with the same issue as the last game.

Edited on 11/09/2015 at 4:45:23 PM PST

salad3
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by salad3 on Nov 11, 15 6:40 PM
There's a glitch in the bonus game. It has it's own thread, so I didn't even realize no one had posted it here. But I'm trying to make the tea; I have done everything I needed to do, it will not let me use the pestle on or pick up the ingredients for the tea. When I hit "hint", it tells me what I need to do, but I've already done it. So I can't move forward. The bonus games are the only reason I even bother getting the CE's, and I really enjoyed this one, so I'm really disappointed. It's at the tail end of the bonus game. I lack closure!

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Nov 12, 15 4:30 PM
Hi Everyone,

If the game is freezing, if it won't open at a certain point, or if it just won't open at all, the following help article has steps which can remedy this:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If anyone is experiencing the issue that salad3 is experiencing (or something similar), stopping points like this can be passed by restarting the game or even starting a new profile. We can't promise a fix, but we'll let the developer know about this.

If you'd prefer not to restart the game or if the recommended steps haven't worked, I definitely recommend that you contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always glad to help.

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by Lituya on Nov 12, 15 5:48 PM
I'm also having issues with making the tea in the bonus chapter. It won't let me pick up the mortar and there is nothing left to do.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Nov 15, 15 9:57 AM
salad3 wrote:There's a glitch in the bonus game. It has it's own thread, so I didn't even realize no one had posted it here. But I'm trying to make the tea; I have done everything I needed to do, it will not let me use the pestle on or pick up the ingredients for the tea. When I hit "hint", it tells me what I need to do, but I've already done it. So I can't move forward. The bonus games are the only reason I even bother getting the CE's, and I really enjoyed this one, so I'm really disappointed. It's at the tail end of the bonus game. I lack closure!

Same here. Please fix this!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 18, 15 3:33 PM
Having a terrible time with the map! How frustrating. I'm trying to hit the "hot spot," but it's difficult or impossible. Then, when I wanted to quit for the day, I was unable to get the Menu button to work (I wasn't in a mini game). Had to CAD out! I hope this isn't going to last for the whole game because I am really enjoying the game play.

[Post New]by akathaleen on Nov 18, 15 7:29 PM
I'm in the bonus game, have no inventory, unable make the tea. I came looking for answer.....but...

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Nov 20, 15 1:28 AM
I'm another one stuck with the tea - I am really annoyed!

I buy a CE once in a blue moon, not being able to finish the Bonus Game makes it a waste of money for me - I find the collectables in CEs just get in the way, I just wanted more story.

I have tried the 'fix' BFG suggested - to no avail, and tried clicking everywhere looking for the 'sweet spot' mentioned in the dedicated thread.

Edited on 11/20/2015 at 1:32:22 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 20, 15 4:51 AM
I really am getting tired of having to CAD to get out of this game because the Menu button won't work! Games are supposed to be fun. This does not add to the enjoyment.

[Post New]by rainland2 on Nov 21, 15 2:37 PM
i guess i have joined the club of those unable to make the damn tea. very frustrating and there is no help for it here.

[Post New]by rainland2 on Nov 21, 15 2:37 PM
i guess i have joined the club of those unable to make the damn tea. very frustrating and there is no help for it here.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 22, 15 10:09 AM
I'm determined to finish this game because I find the story line interesting, and the game appealing, except for the slightly annoying child. But, I find myself having to quit frequently, before my bp goes through the roof because I can't find just that right "hot spot," whether it's in the hint button, or the menu button, or three (so far) puzzles which I had to skip because I couldn't make them work (the globe with rings, the clock in a HOP - only had to set the time, not rocket science! and the numbered buttons with the solution from the tracing - I even checked the SG for that one). So, yes I'll finish it and may or may not attempt the bonus, but unfortunately, it will go on my Never Play This No Good Game Again list and that's just too bad and not right.

Edit: Almost at the end of the main game, and now can't get the map to work at all. If I want the map to show, I have to use the hint so it shows the map and where to go next. And, I've run into two more puzzles I had to skip because I couldn't find the "hot spot" to make them work. I don't recall having such problems with the other Lost Land games. It's a cinch I won't be buying any others that may appear in this series.

Edited on 11/22/2015 at 4:01:48 PM PST

Go to: