Can You Get Past Level 2?

[Post New]by redlaurie on Mar 19, 09 10:52 AM
I have been trying to get past 2.5 myself. I went as far as email to Red Rocket Games and First Play games and did not get a response. I also asked support tech at BigFish for any resources he might have and he could find nothing. If you find anything please post in forum to: Redlaurie and I will get it. If I find anything will relay direct to you as well.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:Can You Get Past Level 2?

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Mar 19, 09 11:31 AM
I don't know the secret because it's been a long time, but I did get through it so, yes, it can be done. In fact, I think I was stuck on somewhere on level 5 or 6, and then I got a new computer and had to redownload. Haven't had time to go back and do the earlier levels over yet to get myself caught up. I know that you do have to try and get powerups and use them wisely in order to make it through some of the levels.

HTH!

[Post New]by rkm204 on Apr 5, 09 2:53 PM
no tips to offer, but reading this made me feel much better! i asked this same question on another board last year and got zero help......i worked on 2-5 off and on for months before i just lost interest. maybe you'll get an answer here that i can use also.

[Post New]by prissycat on May 2, 09 5:41 PM
That was a tough one for me too. I did not find anything special that helped get through it. I just kept playing and one day I completed the level. I was totally surprised!! Sorry, I could not be of help.

[Post New]by rkm204 on Jul 4, 09 5:04 PM
don't know if this is helpful anymore, but i tried so many times for so long to beat this level that i gave up and uninstalled. yesterday i downloaded a fresh file, (don't have any idea what version number i had as i deleted everything long ago) and breezed through level 2 on my first try with time to spare. i can't say for a fact that my original install was buggy, but in my opinion it's the only reasonable assumption. maybe this would work for others stuck on 2-5, even if it doesn't you've only lost the work to beat level 1. good luck to all!

princesschaos1st
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,838 Posts

[Post New]by princesschaos1st on Jul 6, 09 7:11 PM
welcome to the forums

I had no problems on that level, but 6-2 is grating on my nerves...

[Post New]by Margean on Jul 9, 09 3:12 PM
redlaurie wrote:I have been trying to get past 2.5 myself. I went as far as email to Red Rocket Games and First Play games and did not get a response. I also asked support tech at BigFish for any resources he might have and he could find nothing. If you find anything please post in forum to: Redlaurie and I will get it. If I find anything will relay direct to you as well.

princesschaos1st
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,838 Posts

[Post New]by princesschaos1st on Jul 9, 09 3:17 PM
just keep trying

[Post New]by hooks201 on Jul 13, 09 2:25 PM
I must first say i love this game. but am also having trouble with level 6-3 i bought this game a long time ago and will go back often and try to beat this level but i have no luck.... i know it can be done but wished it would happen soon.

[Post New]by msdiffi on Oct 14, 10 1:48 PM
booky1961 wrote:Hi, Hope someone out there can help! I can NOT get past Level 2/5. I always run out of time. Completing the red and blue are easy but the other two, no can do. Has someone found a secret?
Booky

I have the same problem. Before I begin to believe I am the stupid idiot that cannot solve this problem I feel like uninstalling. The game is relaxing but I do not give up easily and so it is becoming more and more stressful not to be able to get through this level,

[Post New]by mathpup on Feb 5, 11 3:49 PM
I think the answer to 2-5 is 1) don't worry too much about the blockers at the center, they take care of themselves; and 2) concentrate on making groups of 5. I think the key is to create as many bursts as possible. Entirely speculative as this method got me merely frustratingly close to completing the level. Where's the value to writing in unbeatable levels, or virtually unbeatable levels, particularly so early in a game? IMHO, all games should have EASY, NORMAL, and EVIL. Let everybody enjoy at a level comfortable to each. I wasted my $5 here. Really enjoyed it through the 60 mins trial, and then got thoroughly stuck about 30 mins later. Stoopud game.

Oh, and even the Zen (untimed) game hits a snag not very far in. This one looks to me like a bug.

bfonville
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bfonville on Feb 12, 11 6:30 PM
I was stuck on this level for a while before I figured out that the matches only count in certain areas of the circle. Draw arms out from the color dividers in the center all the way to the outer edge. If the color in the center is blue, blue matches only count if made between the two arms. Likewise, yellow matches only count in the portion of the circle commanded by yellow, etc. Use the center to tell you which area of the circle to go to for that color matches. Easy to beat if you know this fact.

[Post New]by kaceyp2 on Feb 14, 11 7:52 PM
Many thanks to bfonville -- I'd been trying for months like the others. Once I took your advice, I got it in two tries. Wow, wonderful and thanks -- because I love this game!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Feb 19, 11 9:38 AM
I think that's the first part of the answer. The second part is that blockers can block matches from moving into the center and counting. So remove the blockers near the center, or make matches on radials that don't have any near the center.

[Post New]by Urmeli on Jul 6, 12 4:30 PM
That was just the info I was looking for! I KNEW I was doing something wrong! Thank you SO much!

LBF242
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by LBF242 on Jul 17, 12 10:54 AM
YES YOU CAN GET PAST LEVEL 2. THANKS TO BFONVILLE his suggestions were right on..I got all level 2 done in one try once I did what BFONVILLE suggested...line up your colors with the center colors and it sure works like a charm. GOOD LUCK ALL YOU CAN DO THIS!!

Pixieydust
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Pixieydust on Jul 23, 12 10:19 PM
I wish I had read this sooner!! Ugh!! They do not explain this game enough in the directions!! I did not realize that you have to get that color in each section for it to count!! Now I think I will be able to play and perhaps even buy it..not sure! I just about wasted all my demo time though! LOL

Thank you so very much all!!

[Post New]by Sheliap437 on Jul 25, 12 12:15 PM
bfonville wrote:I was stuck on this level for a while before I figured out that the matches only count in certain areas of the circle. Draw arms out from the color dividers in the center all the way to the outer edge. If the color in the center is blue, blue matches only count if made between the two arms. Likewise, yellow matches only count in the portion of the circle commanded by yellow, etc. Use the center to tell you which area of the circle to go to for that color matches. Easy to beat if you know this fact.

Thank you-thank you-THANK YOU

There is another game that I am stuck on, like I was stuck on this level. I knew I heard the little pings but was just figuring I wasn't making enough matches-- not enough inthe correct area.

This was so smooth, plenty of time. You are a lifesaver. Now I just wish the other game had a recommendation.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Aug 8, 12 2:19 PM
bfonville wrote:I was stuck on this level for a while before I figured out that the matches only count in certain areas of the circle. Draw arms out from the color dividers in the center all the way to the outer edge. If the color in the center is blue, blue matches only count if made between the two arms. Likewise, yellow matches only count in the portion of the circle commanded by yellow, etc. Use the center to tell you which area of the circle to go to for that color matches. Easy to beat if you know this fact.

thanks so very much bfonville, i really appreciate your help. i finally completed level 2-5

Edited on 08/08/2012 at 2:20:19 PM PST

Go to: