meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole Collector's Edition

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jun 14, 10 3:35 PM
I really enjoyed Flux Ripple Effect, played it twice! I also love this game. I'm undecided about the CE version though. I'm finding that I generally don't play the extended portion of the game anyway - still waiting to get around to playing the bonus part of Dire Grove... Also, I have a bunch of free games accumulated. So for now I'm going to wait for the regular release. But later down the road I might come back to the collector's edition.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Flux Family Secrets: The Rabbit Hole Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lvfao on Jun 14, 10 6:02 PM
I enjoyed the CE very much. Liked that it could continue past the "end" point, and really didn't notice the background music being annoying. I like problem solving so it was fun to make all the necessary moves to keep moving. And, since I am easily bored, it was fun to play with great graphics and interesting mini games. Keeper.

nixyseven
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by nixyseven on Jun 15, 10 10:52 AM
I wish I hadn't bought the CE. The game is pretty good, but I finished it in 3.5 hours, and that doesn't seem like great value for $20. I felt like the game was a bit on the easy side, and I didn't really get the storyline, even though I'd played the other game last year... some of it just seemed screwy and didn't make sense to me.

So, yes, good game, but get it for $6.99.

bonnie112345
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by bonnie112345 on Jun 15, 10 12:48 PM
I am in awe of you guys who do the testing and the walk-throughs...I loved the 1st Flux family but cannot get out of the library in this new game...where is the lamp...I have all the pieces but can't get my hands on the lamp...any help please..bonnie112345

[Post New]by mikaelcleto on Jun 15, 10 2:04 PM
Hi bonnie112345,

Have you tried moving the ladder? It might give you a clue.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jun 16, 10 10:16 PM
I was so looking forward to this sequel to the first Family Flux. I simply adore the first one and demoed this one the second it showed up here. Unfortunately, I have to say I was very disappointed. It is still a good game, but for me, it was defintiely not as enjoyable as the first one.

One of the things I loved about the first game was going from the different time periods, finding the fractures items, and figuring out how and in which time period they would work. In this sequel, or at least as far I got into the game, there was no traveling from the different time periods. Only fractured items that were sometimes extremely difficult to find and at other times too easy. Even with the strategy guide included, I still had a difficult time figuring out what to do in some cases....and I am used to FROG games! For me, the strategy guide was worthless. Also, in one part, an item that was supposed to be in a scene according to the hidden object list and the guide, simply wasn't there. It wasn't hidden, it wasn't there. After I exited the game and went back, the item magically appeared.

I will probably purchase the regular version of this game, but no way will I purchase the CE version which is such a shame as I really wanted to like it more.

scubiepro
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by scubiepro on Jun 20, 10 7:39 AM
I am actually disappointed in the game. With the Ripple effect the game pieces change when you replay it..Not with this one. Definitely not challenging and I would wait till the 6.99 version comes out. Of course graphics and sound are excellent..2 out of 5 stars

BabsH
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by BabsH on Jun 20, 10 9:10 AM
HELP! Anyone have any suggestions? I have bought this game without trying it first. Downloaded it and it says activated but every time I try to open it nothing happens.....goes back to the same page! What am I doing wrong? Just had a horrible time with a glitch in Midnight Mysteries and don't feel like having another one. Love Big Fish but what's going on?

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jun 20, 10 9:53 PM
Is it a good idea to play the first flux family game first? I tried demo and am a little lost.

intrestra
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by intrestra on Jun 21, 10 12:55 AM
I really enjoyed this game and the extras - graphics good and the puzzles were great - loved the story line and look forward to the next installment and felt that my money was well spent... unlike some of the Collectors Edition games where I have felt short changed!
I did play the first game and really enjoyed that also ....

Happy gaming

Edited on 06/21/2010 at 12:58:52 AM PST

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Jun 28, 10 11:31 PM
Just finished the beta version, a later one I assume as I had no technical issues. I haven't played the first one, but I certainly will now. I really enjoyed the graphics, that's a big factor for me. Whether I can replay the game without being bored depends on whether I buy it. I liked the characters and storyline enough I'll buy this one. In a way, it's very simplistic, most of it is easy, just challenging enough to make me feel intelligent...I LOVE that, LOL. I really enjoy story lines, so the badges you collect throughout the game that give you background information was a bonus for me. The beta stopped just as it reached the time traveling part. I'm not sure if they really needed beta testing or just wanted to give us enough to get us really hooked. If that was the reason, it worked.

I don't like having to use hints, so having two stages, plus the name of the object is preferable. I get to choose if I just want the silhouette or if I need actual LOOK YOU IDIOT, THERE IT IS help. Also, this game had the best help for side puzzles and hints when you click on the characters. Most games just leave you out to hang on the puzzles.

My reaction when the game suddenly ended was an annoyed "HEY!" a good indication I was having fun. This is my kind of game. Maybe not for the hard core likes 'em really hard brain puzzles crowd, this is more of a relaxing fun game. Think family fun.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jun 29, 10 2:38 AM
Good morning to "theoldbag" (somehow I doubt that). Probably not important that you experience the 1st "Flux Family Secrets" game, but it would give you some insight into the characters. The latest one has a brief intro about what happened in the previous one. I really recommend the 1st--it's WAY fun. (Now here's where I repeat myself from the other forum--this sequel seems a bit more complicated, as in hot spots to move things to find other things, well-hidden "Flux Family Badges" and "Flux Family Keys" to find also. The graphics are beautiful, the sound is really good, and the overall value is worthy of a CE. I'm a sucker for a good CE, and this one is up there w/the best.)

Edited on 06/29/2010 at 2:40:02 AM PST

[Post New]by wimaxi on Jul 1, 10 9:21 PM
I love the graphics and music in this CE and this is the first CE I have purchased.It fills the whole screen and not just the center like all of my BFG,s do. So on to my promble; I have climbed the ladder several times and I can't get the puzzle to boot up when I click on the book. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and I'm stuck at the same place. I have a wide screen, 3 months old computer and I don't know if there is a setting that I need to change to make it work. I'm going back to the game and look around again as all the comments have me more excited to play the whole game.

Thanks for any help you may give, Maxi

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LunaNik on Jul 3, 10 11:28 AM
I believe this is one instance where buying the CE was worthwhile. There was about an hour of extra gameplay, and it was not just pro forma. As much attention was paid to the bonus levels as to the rest of the game.

Story
The adult Jesse has returned to her childhood and interacts with her child self as well as with her grandfather, the inventor of the time-traveling machine. The object is to restore certain time periods to historical accuracy and find the pieces of the machine so that adult Jesse can return to her own time.

In each chapter, you must find items you need in the Flux mansion, then travel to several different time periods, setting things aright as you go. Some quite interesting historical information is offered throughout. In addition, there are several types of badges to be found throughout the game: Flux badges, Secret badges, and Historical badges.

Graphics
Beautifully-rendered textures and attention to dimension make the graphics even better than the first episode. The perception is that you're really moving around in the environment, as opposed to the more static scenes in the first episode. The objects to be found are well-rendered and recognizable, even when well-hidden.

Music and Sound Effects
The orchestral music really adds to the gaming experience, and the sound effects strike a perfect balance between notifying you that you've achieved something and being gratuitously annoying.

Game Play
The game cursor changes to an open hand when you can move something, a pointing hand when you can pick up an item you'll need, and an arrow when you can move in that direction. The "tray" at the bottom of the screen shows the pieces of the objects you're looking for. If one of those pieces is in the scene but hidden, it's rendered in blue. If it's in another scene, it's greyed out. My only complaint is that the completed objects aren't moved to your inventory, but left in the tray, which was confusing a couple of times. (But not enough to really irritate me.)

Summary
Combining my opinions of story, graphics, music and sound effects, and game play, I'd give the CE ! Well worth the money. Including the bonus levels (and not skipping any of the dialog), it took me around 4 hours to play the entire game. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed the first episode.

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Jul 3, 10 3:17 PM
Love the game, great for 4th of July with the Boston Tea Party, Abe Lincoln and Henry Ford. I bought the regular edition and think I am going to spring for the CE. It will be the first CE I've ever bought, but it's that good a game.

[Post New]by GrandmaSloan on Jul 3, 10 11:43 PM
Great game! I didn't have problems with downloading it or any tech difficulties.

I definitely would replay this game again!

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Oct 31, 10 8:26 PM
This is the one CE I soooo regret buying! I could not wait to finish this game.. I bought it when it first came out and finally forced myself to finish in between handing out candy this Halloween.

This is FROG but the items are all gold hidden among gold, blue among blue etc etc. My eyes watered and burned after even a few moments. The magnifier didn't help at all either just made things out of focus. I loved the first Flux game, it had a great story, this game had hardly a story at all that made no sense, it stalled and skipped every time he spoke. I rushed through it all as quickly as possible using the fast (thank goodness) refilling hint button to find anything I couldn't find by random clicked that stood out a teeny bit. I think the frogs and HOBS have to be the smallest I have ever seen in a game and I would click on the right item a million times, it was so picky where you clicked it seemed like some you had to be right on a teeny pixel for it to pick It up! It would randomly dump me onto my desktop, it changed my resolution setting on my laptop. Boy do I wish I could get my $ back (or even credit for another CE) for this awful game!

Boring game, childish narrator and story, maybe good for kids but as an adult FROG/HOG what a cartoonish snooze fest. The HOG scenes were no better than the frog scenes, I again just clicked randomly and was done with them in 30 seconds. No challenge there either.

The mini games were all frustrating or too easy. The atom game where you click on colored atoms and they slide together..if they hit another color game over... and you have to do it 4 times! I skipped almost everyone, the few I did like they made so easy again.. over in 30 seconds.

The graphics were mostly still shots, very lazy on the artists part for a CE game. Again I totally regret buying.. the bonus play was 6 scenes and I was done with it in about 20 minutes.. and I'm a huge slow poke. If you reaaaaaaly like this series I would say buy the SE.. but IMO its not even worth a credit or the DD price.

Should have been a no buy for me, so I'll call it a regrettable mistake!
I have only disliked one other game for technical reasons and have never written a entirely negative review. I'm a hard core HOG addict and will play any of them even the older games and straight HOGs..but this one I just had to vent about lol. I also never delete games.. this ones going in the trash!

Big No and a

Edited on 10/31/2010 at 8:29:24 PM PST

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Dec 15, 10 8:11 AM
I did not really care for this game, which surprised me. I seem to remember liking the first one pretty well, but this one did not ever capture my interest. I had assumed I would like it, so I purchased the CE, but ended up being sorry that I did. I couldn't even bring myself to play the bonus section. The game seemed tedious to me, with a confusing flow and a story that had too many details that didn't really add anything to the gameplay. I did love the fact that the game had full HD widescreen graphics, which were great - I wish more developers would create casual games in this manner. I am sure that many people did/will enjoy this game - the graphics are bright and colorful and the theme is more upbeat than many games out there. You can tell a lot of effort went into the production of this game, but for some reason it just wasn't for me.

[Post New]by crshoh on Feb 1, 11 2:49 AM
Played it. beat it and sorry I bought it. The puzzles were fun and item hunting. There wasn't enough of that to compensate for an extremely bad ending. If there is another one of these games, I will not be buying it.

The game was good, but

[Post New]by sshubi on Jun 14, 11 6:58 PM
the music is horribly monotonous. Anyone that enjoyed the variety of period music that played during the Ripple Effect is going to be disappointed to find that this is not like that at all. It is all classical, and I guess if you like classical you'll be okay with this. What a shame though. I really enjoyed listening to the varied assortment of music with the first game.

Also annoying, the "badges" which i try not to click on because they interrupt game play and the arrows, which are a pain in some rooms because they are too easy to click by mistake and others because they are too difficult to find.

Other than that, the scenery is awesome and the story line and characters are interesting. It became much more enjoyable once I turned off the game music and turned on iTunes.

I really dislike classical music.

Go to: