Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

Re:Re:Your Comments and Review for Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jun 13, 10 11:39 AM
Loved the demo... but finished it and have 20 minutes left. I saw the walkthrough had 10 chapters and since I got to the end of chapter 3 in less than an hour I fear it will be short. Still, the quality of the game in all aspects is awesome!

[Post New]by mandimayhem on Jun 13, 10 12:22 PM
Well worth the money - throughly good game. Filled a boring sunday morning.

deesi
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by deesi on Jun 13, 10 1:47 PM
I finished the game!!! And I didn't use the walk through. I did come on here a few times to looks for hints. Great game, I loved it!!!! Well worth the $6.99!!!! My only complaint, I didn't enough clovers :-(

emee
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by emee on Jun 13, 10 1:49 PM
I'm going to have to give a big fat zero to this game. The objects are way too small and indistinct, I loved the Poe game, but not this one. Like at least a few other **** players, I have a few years on me and my eyes just arn't what they used to be, even with glasses. If the graphics were as good as in the Poe game it would be no problem,or at least a tolerable one. With this game, I don't have a chance, so I'll have to skip. Too bad, I was looking forward to it.

Sugarbella
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by Sugarbella on Jun 13, 10 2:25 PM
Janie42 wrote: Thanks for your detailed reviews (above) !

Absolutely love the game... gorgeous, challenging, creepy, well-crafted storyline, & many extras such as the achievements & clover hunts...
a steal at $6.99 !

I agree with Janie 100%. The graphics in the introductions were fabulous! You've got to check them out! Amazing!

Some of the scenes were difficult in terms of being able to see the items, but I loved this game.

I really wish Big Fish had more games like this. This is definitely my type of game. I love storyline (coming from Massachusetts and all!), I love the darkness (I'm sick of cute) and I like the level of complexity (could be a tad bit more difficult).

Keep it up!

Bella

[Post New]by oakraidergrl4lif on Jun 13, 10 2:52 PM
I bought this yesterday and have completed only 12 % of the game but so far I am loving this game!The storyline is very interesting and I enjoy the The graphics, visuals and eerie atmospheric score are very realistic it rivals even MCF Dire Grove one my favorite Hidden Object Games. I have to admit some parts of this game made me jump and scream a few times. THAT DAMN CAT AND THAT DOORBELL!LOL.

deejac
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by deejac on Jun 13, 10 3:18 PM
Just finished, throughly enjoyed it. Moved along nicely, nothing to difficult but still made you stop and think, well done BFG.

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Absolutly the best game to come out in a while

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Jun 13, 10 3:27 PM
I really love this game . Of all the games I have played in quite a while this one is just fantastic !!! The last game I played that was this good was Vampireville- anyway I managed to get through the whole thing with out one black cat popping up and I found all the clovers ! Accept for a few hints I needed no help at all . of all the games that came out in bigfish over the passed few weeks this is the only one that I would consider worth a collectors edition price, thank goodness It was only the reg price or I would have had to save for it .Thanks Bigfish for making my weekend ! Im about to play it again for the second time . I love this kind of game and I also loved the Edgar Allan Poe's midnight mystery but I think this one way surpasses that one for the shock value alone . I loved the special effects ! I was not expecting the explosions or other really cool content and it just made it all that much more fun . Im going to promote this game every where ! Thank you bigfish for a fantastic game with loads of playability

gapalms
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by gapalms on Jun 13, 10 3:37 PM
Fantastic game! The best I've played in a long time! Not quite up to RTR stabdards, but very close! Great job, mumbo jumbo!

DeanoD
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by DeanoD on Jun 13, 10 4:22 PM
FINALLY, a game worthy of what we expect from BFG! I REALLY enjoyed playing this game. The graphics are great, the puzzles were just right. Game play and story were both fantastic. My only negative comment would be the opening sequences that disabled my cursor. In any demo of limited time, that can be a "deal breaker" if one loses that small amount of control at the start of a game. Just MHO. Keep sending us games like this, and we will all be very happy!! I am always looking for the next best "spooky haunted mansion" and I LOVE hidden secret passages!! ;-Deano

gemmabloom
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by gemmabloom on Jun 13, 10 4:40 PM
Ooh, I feel like Goldilocks with Baby Bear's stuff--- this game is "just right." It's a nice balance of ****, adventuring, and puzzles. There is enough revisiting of scenes to keep it interesting, but none of the tedious back and forth, back and forth of some of the more complicated games in this genre. Most of the puzzles offer enough of a challenge to be fun, without being maddening, and most can be skipped. Hints are plentiful, but seldom needed. And the atmosphere is great fun. I enjoyed this one more than the first, which I also bought. Well worth the price, since I will be playing it again. This is the kind of game I look forward to. Thanks, Big Fish.

sassybee
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by sassybee on Jun 13, 10 6:25 PM
How many ravens in each scene to find? Is there only one? I seem to be looking for them and only finding one and sometimes not even one. (bad eyesight tho) Also wondering about the clovers. The most I've found in a scene is two so far. Does it increase the further you play? Tx

[Post New]by pSyCHoSpiLLeR on Jun 13, 10 7:50 PM
This game has a great visual atmosphere and sound effects but I would like to hear more in the way of background music. The story and the HOG elements are well blended. The game is really engaging. Good job!

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Jun 13, 10 8:30 PM
Rhysdux wrote:Very pretty, but very tough, and the hints don't offer explanations of what to do. For example, I got stuck on the train. You have to find a code on a piece of paper. First you must find a way to make the code visible. Then you must decrypt the code. I did both of those things...and then found nowhere to enter or use the stupid thing. So I spent a lot of time racing around trying to find a place to use it or, failing that, trying to get off the train. Neither was possible.

I ended up stopping twenty minutes early out of sheer frustration.

This, combined with the limited hints available--yeah, I won't be buying this one.

SPOILER ALERT

hi...the code numbers are to be used with the safe, located on the bookshelf. and you shouldnt forget you can always come back to the forum here and you are always sure to find the answers you need. most times there is someone else having the same problem. i hope this helps, and you are able to finish the demo, and enjoy the game

kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

[Post New]by kelnjor on Jun 13, 10 8:33 PM
Quite enjoyed the demo, and will be saved on my "list" for games to buy, nice graphics, and seems to be a few areas to search..a bit spooky, but not too bad, only allowed 45 min of game play, but it intrigued me enough, that i want to see the end. not too easy or hard either. i have a credit but hoping to save for another game when becomes a SE
but it defiantely on my buy list!

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Midnight Mysteries 2 - Salem Witch Trials

[Post New]by Leemo on Jun 14, 10 12:04 AM
Just finished the game and loved it! Didn't need any help and was very pleased with the ending. I am now downloading the Poe Conspiracy and hope the game will be just as good. Great stuff !!

norry02
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by norry02 on Jun 14, 10 12:30 AM
Just finished playing and absolutely loved this game. I'll be buying the first Midnight Mysteries tomorrow.

The graphics were great and the storyline was wonderful. Somethings are not obvious immediately which is what I like in a game like this. It took me about 7 hours total to complete the game. I didn't use the walkthrough though, I have a thing about that. I'd stare at something until I found myself going bonkers and then close it up and walk away. When I came back it was usually very clear what I had to do next. At the ending everything is tied together really well.

I managed to complete 6 of the 12 Achievements and unlocked the unlimited **** games. They look like they'll be fun. Also when you complete the game watch the credits all the way through. After they run you're given a rhyme/puzzle of something extra to look for at Sarah's grave.

Some folks mentioned the "black cat". I got the acheivement for not seeing that so if someone would share what they did to see it...LOL

I'll definately play this one again if only to attempt to get all the clover's and ravens and see what is buried at Sarah's grave.

ingram02
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by ingram02 on Jun 14, 10 12:53 AM
I am not normally a "replay" kind of person; when I've finished the game, I uninstall it. This one, though, I will play at least once more, if only to try to find all of those dang clovers (I found 42) and all of the ravens.

The only thing I wish was different is that the map had names on the buildings. Sometimes I went in circles trying to find the correct building to visit. Other than that small irritation, I loved this game!

Graphics were great; music (which I normally turn so far down that it's almost off) was just right, not annoying in the least! Yes, some objects are small, and the scenes are dark, but if you are a seasoned HOG player, you know you have to move your cursor around the screen and look at everything. My main problem is that I would get so engrossed in the story and the scene that I would forget to look for the clovers and ravens!

kkbodine
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by kkbodine on Jun 14, 10 5:30 AM
Simple and sweet: Excellent game. Very well worth the money. Thanks BF and developers/creators of this game. 5/5

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Jun 14, 10 7:45 AM
Super Great Game!

Go to: