Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington

[Post New]by Keziah000 on Jun 24, 10 6:34 PM
There's something very classy about Agatha Christie games. The games are quite easy, the items are tiny, and yet they enjoyable.

The graphics are always beautiful, with perfect clarity, music is enjoyable - and relaxing - and the scenes offer a lovely step back in time.

I think this one was easier than the others, and perhaps not as picturesque as some. (Peril at End House has probably been my favourite) I could do with a little more interaction - perhaps opening a few drawers or something to look around, and maybe just a few more animations like they had in the earlier games, but other than that - AC truly has a winning formula.

Always a pleasure and a nice escape to yesteryear.

SoHoGirl
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by SoHoGirl on Jun 27, 10 9:54 AM
I feel like I wasted my money on this game because it is just too much of the same over and over again. I guess I am more of an adventure game type person, like Return to Ravenhearst and I also like the Puppet Show series. To me this is just all hidden objects and a lot of them are not easy to see, which is hard on the old eyes for me. All the chapters just seem the same with no real surprises. I am not through with it yet, I think I am on about chapter 12 or so, but I am very bored with it. I actually only bought this game because I was trying to fill up my punch card for June and this game seemed like a safe bet. Now I wish I had of taken my time and picked a little better. But at least my punch card is full and I can get an extra game this month.

jaramilo
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jaramilo on Jun 28, 10 12:33 PM
I love Agatha Christie and the games based on her novels ... except for the strictly HOP. Usually I download the preview but I was so sure and excited about a new AC game that I bought it straight away.

Then discovered its a HOP only. I was disappointed beyond words but I should have downloaded the preview, so I've only myself to blame for wasting my money.

Beautiful paintings for scenes. Some a little obscure. Nice soundtrack.

Finished in under 3 hours.

A 4 out of 5 instead of a 3 because of the paintings and soundtrack.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jun 28, 10 3:14 PM
Too much HOG for me and not enough adventure. As I continued the demo, I found it was making me very . I'd probably get it for a DD. The graphics are good and objects are fairly easy to find, it just got to be boring. I don't like to keep going back to the same places I've already been.

Irishroan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Good game - not great

[Post New]by Irishroan on Jun 29, 10 6:34 AM
Just finished the demo. I loved the graphics. music and the storyline. It has some unique aspects (figuring out locations, finding certain HOs before getting the entire list) and like others I love the fact the you can choose timed/relaxed. I was expecting more intricate "mini-games" - the shifting of objects to find what is underneath is new and fun but doesn't really strike me as a "puzzle". The connecting of boxes by following a "chain" isn't really a "puzzle"either. This was really disappointing since it is obviously a high quality game. I will probably buy it because I am a sucker for sharp graphics.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jun 30, 10 7:45 AM
For me, Margaret Rutherford is the only true Jane Marple. Her four movies are repeated every year, usually during summer, and they are still must see TV, even if we can speak along by now... And my favourite of those four movies is definitely Four Fifty Paddington.

I never read the book (in fact the only one I ever read was The ABC Murders) so it's nice to see the "true story" - at least a truer adaption of the book. No Mr. Stringer here, no Jane Marple as housekeeper and so on.

Having played several Hercule Poirot HOGs I'd say it's nice to see some new ideas here. Find your next location comes to mind. (No problems finding Bristol here, I'm familiar with UK geography.) Also, they finally made the objects bigger - thanks for that. Scenery and objects are very much in tune to the era and in majority are in believable places. Minigame "Follow the chain" is laughably easy though.

Only problem I had was an object named "a heavy tureen", had no idea what that should be - only to find out that it's a bowl for soup. (Which is Terrine in my native language. D'oh!)

Bottom Line: Nice game, will buy with a credit.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jun 30, 10 5:40 PM
Kiinda fun in a quirky sort of wary. I bought it and stuck with it throughout. A regular click and find game, but story and surprises were fun. Try it out.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Jul 2, 10 12:54 PM
I loved the game..The graphics were great...I enjoyed playing in the carefree mode instead of being timed..Glad I bought it..

Miridau
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Miridau on Jul 2, 10 10:38 PM
Did the demo when it was released and decided it would be a yes for my monthly credit or free punch card credit. Then I bought it with the 4th July sale ( which has started my punch card off for this month).
I think it is a great game - gentle and relaxing. Also very true to the original story, which I like.

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Jul 9, 10 9:02 AM
That"s my question. why do they take a good game and make the hidden objects a junk pile, very unattractive to me.

Happy gaming fishes.

[Post New]by greenfish22 on Jul 9, 10 10:23 PM
Beautiful game but not a buy. Too easy. Much too short. I never buy short games no matter how beautiful. Looking forward to more long games from BF.

hereshopin
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by hereshopin on Jul 11, 10 8:16 PM
Nice graphics but not nearly enough puzzles to make the game interesting. The story was a little tough to follow as some of the dialogue contains objects to find and that was a bit distracting for me. Good thing I already knew the story. I don't have a problem with games that have very small objects. I'm sure they work well for younger eyes. But if there are going to be some they should have them in the 60 minute trial so those of us with older eyes and can't see them can pass. The Agatha Christie games have all had them so I was cautious with this one and played the full 60 minutes before purchasing. The very small objects didn't show up until later in the game, (maybe that's to make the game more difficult as you go along?) To me it doesn't make it more difficult, just a headache waiting to happen.

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Jul 14, 10 5:11 AM
This is a pass for me.. I love the Agatha Christie games and was so looking forward to the release of this one. But its so boring ..

time4tea
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by time4tea on Jul 14, 10 10:08 PM
I'm really enjoying the whole atmospheric experience, but would have been happier with more challenge or variety (interesting minigames, for instance). So here's the question: Which Agatha Christie is the best (fun / challenge / replayability)? I'd definitely like to add AC to my roster, but am not sure this one's it.
Fishies?

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

Comments and Review for Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Jul 18, 10 1:25 PM
This Agatha Christie game was much better organized, had clearer graphics, and a more solid story line than others I've played. I liked the maps and locating the various sites. I questioned whether or not to buy this one, given my past experience with 1-2 AC games. I'm happy to say that this AC game was definitely worth my time and money!

[Post New]by kygrlzroll on Jul 19, 10 9:15 PM
Great game, can't wait play more! Thanks!

[Post New]by dosssterling on Aug 12, 10 7:30 AM
TerryMann wrote:Great review, chebtoo.

I also enjoyed the graphics and the music, I thought this game was nice. I know there are some fishies that don't appreciate the smaller objects, I apologize but I did happen to notice some in this game. I was pleased with the two different modes this game has available timed and carefree mode. I hope you fishies enjoy, Happy Gaming !!!

[Post New]by dosssterling on Aug 12, 10 7:34 AM
Help! I'm loving this game but I cannot get the candles into the candlesticks! I drag them over and release, then they pop right back to where I got them from.

[Post New]by nursecamper on Aug 20, 10 3:47 PM
Frustrating, with each new chapter I get dumped out to the play or buy screen.
The game is interesting and fast paced, but, I cannot help but wonder if I were to purchase the game would it have the same annoying bug.

Has happened 4 times already at the beginning of chaper 3, grrrrrrrrrrr!

Edited on 08/20/2010 at 3:50:12 PM PST

[Post New]by Marowyn on Aug 26, 10 6:52 PM
dosssterling wrote:Help! I'm loving this game but I cannot get the candles into the candlesticks! I drag them over and release, then they pop right back to where I got them from.

** I'm having the very same problem. Help! **

Go to: