Saturnmiss
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for PuppetShow: Souls of the Innocent

[Post New]by Saturnmiss on Jun 23, 10 3:39 PM
TheOldBag, I'm with you I was very disappointed in the ending. You got out of the last puzzle to easily and the end cut scene just abruptly ended the story. The game was a little short but longer than the first game and I was enjoying it until the end. I don't know if it was cause of the SE ending versus the CE ending but I thought it was a bit lame. So your not the only one.

CatfishT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by CatfishT on Jun 23, 10 7:43 PM
Things I liked about this game:
1. Great graphics, colors & music
2. Good balance of puzzles, hidden objects and finding & using objects.
3. Decent length

Things I didn't like: --Spoiler alert:
1. Having to go back and forth between many areas several times to get different objects. Althought that does kind of add to the creepiness factor.
2. The "sparkle" that let you know to look in a certain area still showed after some areas were completely cleared of clues. I think that's where a lot of my backtracking stemmed from.
3. The ending was too abrupt. I did the last task - the music intensified and the graphics went crazy then "poof" we see the little girl waking up and hug her mom. The end. I had tons of questions. How do I get back to the town from the creepy castle? What happened to the fortune teller? Is the bad woman really gone?

Even though I kind of picked it apart, I really did enjoy it and would highly recommend it. It just left me wanting more.

CatfishT
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by CatfishT on Jun 23, 10 7:45 PM
Saturnmiss wrote:TheOldBag, I'm with you I was very disappointed in the ending. You got out of the last puzzle to easily and the end cut scene just abruptly ended the story. The game was a little short but longer than the first game and I was enjoying it until the end. I don't know if it was cause of the SE ending versus the CE ending but I thought it was a bit lame. So your not the only one.

While the little girl was hugging her mom I was waiting for her to open her eyes and have some kind of crazy evil grin like maybe the bad woman had possessed her. That would have been creepy and opened the door for a sequel.

juhuwoorps
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by juhuwoorps on Jun 24, 10 12:58 AM
HI there!~..This is my review

Graphics-5/5- Excellent..Finding objects, ect.. was all good..Alot of work was put into the graphics, I can definetly appreciate that~

Gameplay-3/5 ---Gameplay was a bit of a dissapointment for me..
Getting around..finding your way back to other scenes..it was good~
It's very similar to MCF later games..like RTR or DireGrove-in terms of moving from scene to scene..
However..the interaction text messages...gave away too much..

For instance..;
When I found an object..Ex. [rope]..
The messages would tell u; I need scizzors to cut this rope
Then u would find a HOG scene..[usually within the same screen] ..Taking some time to search and finish the scene..finding the scizzors, then knowing exactly where to use scizzors..took alot of the fun out of it..
For myself..simply putting as a message..I could use a piece of this rope-- is perfect..I can deduce from there..that i'll need to cut it..or i can try my inventory objects~

I just found that the game had far too much guidance..

Storyline--4/5 I myself loved the storyline
The game..storyline..and the graphics were fantastic..Alot of work was put into the making of the game..so i can definetly appreciate that~ However, the ending felt rather rushed..and was a bit predictable~

Puzzles-2/5--Way to easy-
I found the puzzles dissapointing.. ..
They was no challenge..I myself love mini puzzles..
When i'm thru searching a few scenes, it's what I look forward to the most when playing IHOG games
For instance..; Most puzzles were just a matter of opening the door..with pressing any buttons, or if any interaction was needed after placing an object- it was guided and far too easy. That being said..This would be a great game to introduce to someone who hasn't played IHOG games~

Music/Sound/Ambiance--4/5 Very Good..I liked the music..it wasn't repetitive...
If this game had voice overs for the cut scenes and intros--it would really add to this game..I'm a huge fan of voice overs and Audio in a game.

The game is really nice..and i did enjoy playing it.. I would definetly recommend it.
I am really looking forward to there being a 3rd part ~
*I should also mention that I played in Relaxed/Regular mode..perhaps the game is more challening in the other mode~

Edited on 06/24/2010 at 1:28:56 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 24, 10 2:08 AM
juhuwoorps, that sounds like you played the game on regular (novice). There's much less handholding on expert.

[Post New]by Wendy64 on Jun 24, 10 6:41 AM
LOVE LOVE LOVE this game!
Kudos to creators
Does anyone know is there any way to get the music from the game?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 24, 10 7:37 AM
Wendy64 wrote:LOVE LOVE LOVE this game!
Kudos to creators
Does anyone know is there any way to get the music from the game?
Yes, but you'd need to trade up and buy the CE.

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Jun 25, 10 12:50 PM
THANKYOU, THANKYOU, THANKYOU - I loved the first one - this is even better; creepy without being over the top, totally fascinating, not too short. I hope this wonderful team of artists comes up with more and more great games.

dchick
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by dchick on Jun 25, 10 2:37 PM
I loved this game! I like when you travel back and forth between areas and then find the white sparkles lit up again. At first I thought it was a short game but that last area went on and on and on. Tough enough game. The only big problem I had was with the frog's head puzzle and I too, had to do it in reverse for it to work. Perhaps "lit" is in the eyes of the beholder. Thanks to the gamers, particularly Margie B who give us the walk throughs. Yea!

[Post New]by oceanjonesn2 on Jun 25, 10 2:50 PM
I loved it!!! I twas way better than the first one and I really enjoyed all the different mini games. I also really liked that I bought the SE version with the extra content at the end. I thought is was beautifully laid out and so much fun. Thanks for such a great game

[Post New]by goodyear1998 on Jun 27, 10 3:22 PM
I'm with 'oldbag' on this one. Felt really disappointed at ending. Was so frustrated trying to solve owl puzzle to get 4th rune, i think i was built up for something exciting at the end. what a let down.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Jun 28, 10 6:10 AM
i didnt play the 1st puppet show........
but, now i may have to...
this game is way over the top in all areas of gameplay...i can compare to the mcf series
almost at the end i think ..altho i have been more fascinated than frustrated..i am now looking for the last 2 runes and see there are owl puzzle problems..

thanks to bf and game developers for this wonderful experience

[Post New]by delilahsue on Jun 28, 10 6:23 AM
I have played a long list of games from BF, I just don't post all that much. However, I did want to say that compared to it's parent, Joyville, this game lacked a certain "anticipation factor". Also, I usually play on the lowest level and still end up consulting either the forum or a walkthrough to get a few hints. This game did offer a choice and I chose the "expert" level and even then it was ridiculously easy. I always enjoy the graphics from this group, and their hidden objects scenes are very detailed, which I also like. But this game was somewhat short and not quite as challenging.

It was worth my $6.99 and I did enjoy it. I am hoping that this company's next production is longer and has a story line that I really want to know the ending to!

legalhelper
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,257 Posts

[Post New]by legalhelper on Jun 28, 10 10:40 AM
delilahsue wrote:I have played a long list of games from BF, I just don't post all that much. However, I did want to say that compared to it's parent, Joyville, this game lacked a certain "anticipation factor". Also, I usually play on the lowest level and still end up consulting either the forum or a walkthrough to get a few hints. This game did offer a choice and I chose the "expert" level and even then it was ridiculously easy. I always enjoy the graphics from this group, and their hidden objects scenes are very detailed, which I also like. But this game was somewhat short and not quite as challenging.

It was worth my $6.99 and I did enjoy it. I am hoping that this company's next production is longer and has a story line that I really want to know the ending to!

I agree with the "not quite as challenging" comment. I was a bit disappointed, but enjoyed it just the same. Definitely worth playing.

Rose_Ann
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rose_Ann on Jun 29, 10 11:31 AM
I agree with Catfish all 3 "like" features.

I disagree on the first "didn't like" item - I really enjoy having to go back and forth among the different areas. It makes the game much more interesting. (I am neutral on Catfish's other two "didn't like" points).

LOVED the game!

CatfishT wrote:Things I liked about this game:
1. Great graphics, colors & music
2. Good balance of puzzles, hidden objects and finding & using objects.
3. Decent length

Things I didn't like: --Spoiler alert:
1. Having to go back and forth between many areas several times to get different objects. Althought that does kind of add to the creepiness factor.
2. The "sparkle" that let you know to look in a certain area still showed after some areas were completely cleared of clues. I think that's where a lot of my backtracking stemmed from.
3. The ending was too abrupt. I did the last task - the music intensified and the graphics went crazy then "poof" we see the little girl waking up and hug her mom. The end. I had tons of questions. How do I get back to the town from the creepy castle? What happened to the fortune teller? Is the bad woman really gone?

Even though I kind of picked it apart, I really did enjoy it and would highly recommend it. It just left me wanting more.

Yetses
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by Yetses on Jun 29, 10 12:12 PM
gorgeous game -even better than the first! Bravo.

[Post New]by queenofgames52 on Jun 29, 10 3:30 PM
I just finished playing this awesome game . It was beautiful, graphics are great, storyline is very immersive and interesting. The mini games were fairly easy and fun to do. The only one I skip was the one with the colored tiles. I just couldn't get it. Other than that one they were good and the hint button really helped also and it was ready to reuse pretty quickly. Putting the things together was what was really fun for me. I didn't have to use the walkthrough at all. I did the easy mode first and I am ready to go try the expert mode. All in all it was Fantastic and HOGs were great. Not repetetive or boring like some games. And you actually got something out of them to use in your progress of the game . I am giving this game five stars . Thanks BF just keep those great games coming .

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Jun 30, 10 6:34 AM
Loved it just as much as the first one..and we just KNOW that the ending is leading to the 3rd in the series..here's me waiting ..Just love that music and graphics and everything about these games. Just hoping 3rd one is as fantastic as the first 2 have been.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jul 2, 10 6:57 AM
excellent game

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Jul 2, 10 7:53 AM
would like more interaction and less hidden object scenes to many?

Go to: