Re:Post any Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials technical issues here only

[Post New]by mdm0leota on Nov 27, 10 6:49 AM
Robilyn wrote:My game will not save my progress. What is up with that? I would like a refund please.

I agree. It is frustrating to keep having to do the same tasks over and over. I wonder if the problem is withe the "midnight mysteries" line because I could never get the edgar allen poe game to work correctly either. I too would like a refund but as this problem (based on the posts) seems to have been going on since June, I don't know if they will be fixed.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Dec 11, 10 3:21 PM
Also got the lua error putting the pen on the inkwell. Didn't happen the first time I tried it so will try Howatch's fix. Just now got a new crash at the end of the game when I clicked on the pole axe on the puzzle then tried the broom. Nice game except for these glitches.

[Post New]by kiefey on Jan 12, 11 3:28 AM
hi

have tried it on two seperate computers now and each time the same thing happens ..... the ghost appears, asks me to take the case and put the pen in his hand ..... put the pen over the ink bottle and game freezes .... am gutted as i was really looking forward to playing this one!!

kayruth
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Game froze

[Post New]by kayruth on Jan 16, 11 12:18 PM
Downloaded the game and can't get past picking up the ink pen to fill it ! I have attempted several times and can't get past the 1st minute of the game!

MiddleAged
Salmon
Salmon
2,836 Posts

[Post New]by MiddleAged on Jan 22, 11 2:43 PM
The pan is missing from my inventory - and I can not get back to the place I picked it up so I am stuck quite far into the game. I'm playing it on a Mac.

MiddleAged
Salmon
Salmon
2,836 Posts

[Post New]by MiddleAged on Jan 23, 11 10:55 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled the game - and the pan came back. However, at the very end because I had already put some of the objects in the cave, I was not transported back there automatically after finding the last of the silver. Since it was the end of the game, I;m not going to bother doing anything. (I was playing on a Mac).

lucygirl7
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lucygirl7 on Jan 24, 11 4:33 PM
I don't know if this is a technical issue or not but I'm unable to put the shovel together to give to the statue. Please help!

[Post New]by blu_stocking on Mar 9, 11 2:34 PM
I just tried playing the trial version and it seems there are still technical issues with this game, new version notwithstanding. The game does not load properly into fullscreen - it takes up the same amount of screen that the non-fullscreen version would, but without the window border.

I have tried a few times to play and can only get up to the spot where you give the filled pen to the ghost. At the point the game crashes.

I am posting this here instead of contacting customer service because I have not received replies from previous emails to customer service regarding other (paid for!) games. Seems they don't really care.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 9, 11 3:00 PM
Hey blu_stocking,

You might want to try deleting the save data file for the game and starting over with a new player profile. If you're unfamiliar with these steps, feel free to get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link for those instructions).

When you've already contacted Customer Support, you can make sure that your email is in the queue by checking for an automated response with an incident number (be sure to check your Spam folder!). You can also reply to that auto-message if you'd like to add more information to your ticket.

You can take a look at this help article for more information about this process:

Contact Customer Support

Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

netizen
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by netizen on Apr 30, 11 5:17 AM
Looks like a good game, but just 10 minutes into the trial I've had 3 error messages that closed down the game. Quite frustrating.
Even as a DD I won't buy this game due to the glitches.

je11ybean
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by je11ybean on Apr 30, 11 12:13 PM
Tried this again today as it was a DD but still doesn't work. Nothing happens when I click on the game in the Game Manager except a click. I wait for some time and nothing happens. If I try again it says game is already running. I have to restart the computer to clear it. I have tried uninstalling the game, restarting the computer and reinstalling but still the same problem! I really want to buy this game but will not do so until this is fixed as so many people are having problems!

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Apr 30, 11 5:20 PM
je11ybean wrote:Tried this again today as it was a DD but still doesn't work. Nothing happens when I click on the game in the Game Manager except a click. I wait for some time and nothing happens. If I try again it says game is already running. I have to restart the computer to clear it. I have tried uninstalling the game, restarting the computer and reinstalling but still the same problem! "

Pretty much the same thing here. Downloaded fine clicked and the screen just goes black. I can see a few specks of light ( looks like part of a title?) and when I click the mouse there is a second of sound and then nothing. Ctl/Alt/Del takes me out and the message shown is :
Unhandled Exception
Assertion failed in file
".\Common\Action.cpp", line 617:
negative timeDelta

Uninstalled/reinstalled no diff.
Dunno what that means so dunno what to do. Will try cust serv in AM when they open

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on May 2, 11 12:11 AM
"I have tried a few times to play and can only get up to the spot where you give the filled pen to the ghost. At the point the game crashes.
I got that far eventually and then got another msg
Lua error has occured
MM2Engine/Threads.lua:51:MM2Engine/Traits/mm3user.lua154;attempt to call method "Shed Tools" ( a nul value)

tried another couple of times an got the old Unhandled exception msg.
The game does seem buggy
I thik I'm just gona ask for a refund now- too much trouble & bandwidth w all the repeated downloads.

Edited on 05/02/2011 at 6:20:15 PM PST

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on May 2, 11 6:22 PM
GRRRR
Spoke w cust serv- want me to remove data but I have no hidden files!
Did everything else they suggested- NADA!
Will contact tommorrow and say no more just refund NOW!

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on May 4, 11 4:02 PM
So it seems we're just incompatable! Did get a refund. Oh well----NEXT!

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on May 10, 11 12:59 PM
MM2Engine/Threads.lua:51:MM2Engine/Game.lua:303: error loading module
'Data/Chapter_D/D01_CourtHouse_Foyer/D01_CourtHouse_Foyer':
file not found or cannot be read

dear bigfish i really like this game and would like an oportunity to complete it but i am getting the above error for days now and it is very frustrating. i have re dowloaded it loads of times to no avail. pls help. a loyal customer kind regards audrey x

Bebalovo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Bebalovo on May 22, 11 10:40 PM
mocroidh wrote:Okay, so every time I leave the game and restart it later, it takes me back to the statue in the graveyard, the very beginning of the game! I've made it MUCH farther than that, and it's really annoying to have all your work disappear like that. There doesn't seem to be any way to save your games - can someone point me in the right direction?

This is the problem I am having...very frustrating, I can't be expected to finish the entire game in one sitting! I am giving up and asking for a game credit...this is not right, especially since this is obviously not a new problem.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 20, 11 5:52 PM
My Internet Security Program (Kaspersky) popped up on this game and said that it was a "Potentially Dangerous" appplication. It has NEVER done this with a game from BFG ever! I also says that this applicatoin apeared more than 1/2 year ago & it was used by less than 1000 particiapnts of Kaspersky 0 percent trusted this application ????? Wow another new low for BFG or What?

[Post New]by moussechocola29 on Jun 27, 11 4:39 PM
nathotdf wrote:I have been waiting for an answer too! It seems they do not know and I for one will not purchase another thing until this is resolved. The game is a waste of time and effort.

[Post New]by moussechocola29 on Jun 27, 11 4:42 PM
we are now in june and the game still will not save my games. i have to start over every time so iM giving up.

Go to: