shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:Post any Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jun 26, 10 8:40 AM
TrixMyDog wrote:[b]Can anyone help me.I have a laptop 18'4" and want to know how i can play this game and ALL BFG in Wide Screen mode..The games are not in wide screen mode.
I have emailed PF and BFG but still can't play in wide screen..It's not much fun playing a game with black on both sides..especially when you buy the collector's edition..I almost finished the game..I emailed BFG before the game was released so i would have the problem fixed..but it's not.

It's not a problem -- some games are not set up to play in wide screen. Some developers offer the option in set up, some games detect you have wide screen and stretch the game to fit, some games detect and provide true wide screen.

Re:Post any Dream Chronicles: The Book of Air Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dee_ct on Jun 26, 10 11:43 AM
mariner3b wrote:i've completed the tasks at the clockmaker's house. When I return to the airship and click on map, then reveal, nothing happens. The tree house, etc. do not appear as locations. Help! I just purchased the game and now I can't proceed.

I have had the same problem

[Post New]by Lassalanta on Jun 26, 10 2:27 PM
I'm getting kicked out of the game at the end. After completing all tasks, I fuel up and set the coordinates for Wish. As soon as the ship fires up I am kicked completely out of the game. If I go back in, I have to refuel and reset, then it kicks me out again. Because of this, I cannot get to the bonus level.

UPDATE:

I went through the game again as a new user and this time I was able to complete it and go through the bonus level. I was also able to go back to the original user and complete that too after the second try.

Additional - The ending for the bonus level gives no clue that you are done with it. You really should give the user some clue that it is complete.

Edited on 06/26/2010 at 8:36:08 PM PST

[Post New]by drifter76 on Jun 27, 10 11:51 AM
dee_ct wrote:
mariner3b wrote:i've completed the tasks at the clockmaker's house. When I return to the airship and click on map, then reveal, nothing happens. The tree house, etc. do not appear as locations. Help! I just purchased the game and now I can't proceed.

I have had the same problem

Me three. Very irritated and frustrated. Urgh!

[Post New]by paurae on Jun 27, 10 1:05 PM
tribrach wrote:o.k. so I played the hour (try before you buy, yes?) Loved the game & I splashed out & bought it .....I arrive at the clockmakers home, & at that point (when I solve a clock puzzle; done 2 so far) I get an error violation & I have to close the game! At least I don't lose all my progress BUT I'm getting this problem every time I try to exit the close-up. Great
Looks like a trip to the Tech. boys & girls....sadly, not for the first time. It's happened quite a bit recently.
Am I the only one this is happening to?

Same thing with me.... when I try to go upstairs I go to black.... I've uninstalled, reinstalled, all I can do and I keep getting the same error at the same point. Did Tech. get back with you?

[Post New]by mechanager on Jun 27, 10 2:44 PM
How does one get back to the air ship from the clock makers frozen castle. The online walk through just says to return to the air ship. The walk through that is part of the game has a blank page where is should say how to return. Thanks.

[Post New]by Tripletsn1 on Jun 27, 10 3:31 PM
Aaahhh -- finally, a rare hour without children; I figure I'll dive in to a new game.
Oooh, there's a new Dream Chronicles game -- I've GOT to DL the trial (though since I have all the others, it's pretty much a sure buy).
I notice it downloads awfully quickly, then notice in "My Games" that there are 2 updates available for games I already own... Ok, they're for the original Dream Chronicles and DC: The Chosen Child. Cool; maybe they've added something to them or some reference to the new one? So I click on them and once the updates download, what do you know! Now it says I no longer own either of those games!
And where oh where has my DC: The Book of Air trial version gone?? Just where it says, into thin air! I don't see it anywhere and never even got to open or play it...
Any suggestions, fishies?? Thanks!

Westel
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Westel on Jun 28, 10 5:52 AM
Kyasarin wrote:The game won't play for me. It tries to start, then goes to a window that's all white with a black box in one corner and starts playing music that sounds like it was recorded while someone's playing with a sack of marbles. I have to force quit. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Help! I really want to play this game!

I have a Mac, btw, and generally don't have problems even with graphics-intensive games.

Similar problems here. Windows 7, ATI Radeon HD5700 (4/6/2010), 2772 MB. BigFish, why don't you tell potential purchasers when your new games require the absolute latest drivers? Mine's three months old and needs replacing? I purchased a card for gaming, brand new computer, and the game won't display? And yeah, I looked for updated drivers - still didn't fix the problem.

Would love to purchase this game, but can't even try it out. I've downloaded other games with no issues, FYI.

[Post New]by tina1954 on Jun 28, 10 7:04 AM
I've got to the last three puzzles with the gears, Solved two but the one with the keyhole in the middle will not open. I have followed stragedy guide exactly but last piece will not fit in. Advice please.

[Post New]by acardell on Jun 28, 10 11:02 AM
Kyasarin wrote:The game won't play for me. It tries to start, then goes to a window that's all white with a black box in one corner and starts playing music that sounds like it was recorded while someone's playing with a sack of marbles. I have to force quit. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Help! I really want to play this game!

I have a Mac, btw, and generally don't have problems even with graphics-intensive games.

I have the same problem. Any ideas? I have contacted customer support, but have not heard anything as of yet.

[Post New]by carollynann on Jun 28, 10 11:15 AM
I have got to the musical island but when I try and place the printed blue stone tablets they keep going back to nothing. Please HELP!

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by kpajak on Jun 28, 10 11:36 AM
Having same problem, getting access violation code at clockmakers house, first hour of demo ran perfectly... soon as I bought it, it crashed! Very frustrating!

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Jun 28, 10 1:07 PM
Hmmm...I bought the CE & played fine till I realized in using the Strategy Guide that the game had gone from the first visit to the Clockmakers home to the Tree House village then directly BACK to the Clockmakers...missing or skipping all of the in between. I was like...Wind Music???? WHAT Wind Music???? It took me to The Final Door..soooo even tho I bought the CE I kinda think I d/l the $6.99 version
Anyone else experience this?

Westel
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Westel on Jun 28, 10 6:41 PM
sheltieFan wrote:
tribrach wrote:o.k. so I played the hour (try before you buy, yes?) Loved the game & I splashed out & bought it .....I arrive at the clockmakers home, & at that point (when I solve a clock puzzle; done 2 so far) I get an error violation & I have to close the game! At least I don't lose all my progress BUT I'm getting this problem every time I try to exit the close-up. Great
Looks like a trip to the Tech. boys & girls....sadly, not for the first time. It's happened quite a bit recently.
Am I the only one this is happening to?

Sadly, no. This game has a lot of problems. Currently I can't get the blue stone tablets to 'take' in the music columns, and they don't revert to plain stones the way they're supposed to. The fairy letters are so difficult to 'read' (very similar in shape and form), and you have to close the book each time you turn the tumblers to change the letters on the metal drums. Another glitch is, when you click "Close" on the book, you automatically pick up one of the items in your inventory as the book closes, because your cursor translates to the inventory list.

I've experienced problems with the reference guide, the game not opening, delayed sounds, and now I'm stuck in the game with no way to fix the blue stones. I think the writing is on the wall: never buy a new game. Wait until the next version comes out and the bugs are ironed out!

[Post New]by saskitten on Jun 29, 10 7:29 AM
krmaples wrote:I am having the same problem with the reveal spell after finishing the music island. When I try to click on the map there is no response or coordinates so that I can move on to the water segment.

[Post New]by saskitten on Jun 29, 10 7:32 AM
i have the same problem as krmaples - I have completed the music level but the reveal wont show up on the map for the water level - have tried and tried!

[Post New]by anjabeekie on Jun 29, 10 1:08 PM
carollynann wrote:I have got to the musical island but when I try and place the printed blue stone tablets they keep going back to nothing. Please HELP!

i am having the same problem, and it is very frustrating!!! Somebody knows how to handel this ?

[Post New]by carolbeth_walk on Jun 29, 10 3:39 PM
Pertigal wrote:I have finished the game and it is riddled with glitches. Very frustrating. There are many points where it doesn't respond or responds slowly to clicks. Every time you set coordinates and refuel, it tells you that it needs to be done and you can't leave until you do it all over again, sometimes more than once. The only time it worked right was the first time. The music scores are the same way...kept finishing it and having to redo it. Huge waste of time. The strategy guide has major chunks of info missing as it runs off the bottom of the page...on multiple pages. That is certainly not worth the extra $13. This was my first CE and I am very disappointed. Loved this series and this game did not live up to them, both technically and from a gaming perspective.

I have tried eight times now, to put fuel in and set the coordinates. When I pull the lever it always says "the airship is not ready...." I have tried restarting the game, no help. I even started a new player, get here, and stall.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

[Post New]by jennm88 on Jun 29, 10 9:31 PM
Anyone have any trouble with this game shutting itself down during the trial period? Everytime I try to play, it shuts down. It says I still have time left in my trial but it keeps shutting down. I used to really love to play games on BFG but I'm starting to think maybe I'll just cancel my membership and go elsewhere. I've had just about enough of these games not working right and all BFG tells you is the same old thing - check to see if this or that is updated. Well, they need to check and make sure they are updated!!! I think most everybody would agree that BFG needs to take some responsibility with the games they are putting out and not just assume that the problems are all on our end!

frannycats
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frannycats on Jul 1, 10 3:39 PM
I am stuck in the Crater of Time and can't get off the ground to go to Treehouse Village. I did the reveal/map things to get the coordinates; went to the fuel gauge and dropped the stones in; used up all the stones and the fuel meter shows through; pulled the lever and get that maddening message "the ship is not ready - needs fuel and proper coordinates."

I have tried about 20 times; closed the game down three times, and have done everything but reinstall the game. I can't do anything about the fuel gauge - all the stones are used and it is showing full. I've reset the coordinates a dozen or more times. This is SOOOOOO frustrating.

I'm going to have to start from scratch and waste my valuable time. If it fails again, I'll ask for a refund, or three game credits.

Go to: