Re:Your Comments and Reviews for A Gypsy's Tale: The Tower of Secrets

[Post New]by maz1955 on Jun 27, 10 12:55 PM
robert56 wrote:l have bought this game and was really enjoying it, till l got to the injured deer l have to make a potion of honey comb ans aloha. but when l click on beehive it wont let me take honey, iv tried everything and it wont work, please help cant go any further

Having same problem please HELP

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Jun 27, 10 5:30 PM
This was a wonderful game! It was not a hidden object game, but more of an adventure. The graphics were well done, as was the lovely soundtrack. It was a game that made you think a bit as you navigated your way through this magical world. The fairy tale story unfolded with enjoyable puzzles, smooth navigation and logical tasks.

This was really an example of great game design. The events flowed in a smooth progression, with just the right amount of difficulty and interaction to keep it interesting and engaging all the way through to the end.

I hope there is a sequel - great job developers!!

demahi
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by demahi on Jun 27, 10 5:50 PM
I am so glad I purchased this game, I love it. The birds chirping, the water running, the gnome showing up in different locations . . . . I could go on and on, but the bottom line I an so GLAD I purchased this game. It is definitely in my top 10 of all time.

I tend to be a little slow and I can say I have spent close to three hours and am not done yet.

I hope you enjoy as much as I am.

[Post New]by rrbwsu2002 on Jun 27, 10 6:25 PM
krissywillow wrote:Didn't care for this one. Like others have said, I found the graphics unclear, and some items too small (the gems were ridiculously small, but luckily they sparkled so you could find them).

The gameplay was way too easy, as well.

Charming, in a way, but just didn't hold my interest for above-cited reasons.

I have to agree with Krissywillow, I found the graphics jerky and items small. I was not getting into the game after 30 minutes. It would be a great game for someone that like this format, but unforunately, it's not for me.

Edited on 06/27/2010 at 6:30:54 PM PST

minipal
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by minipal on Jun 28, 10 2:42 AM
I read the forums but don't usually post but I just had to say I LOVED this game!! The graphics are beautiful and the story line is a happy one I'm tired of the dark dreary stories, this game was a breath of fresh air. The animals were so cute and the adventure format was really fun! It also took me around 5 hours and I was sad when it ended. I hope there's a sequal to this!!

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Jun 28, 10 6:20 AM
I really loved this game.
Graphics, music, story,
After a few hiccups about the gameplay, (e.g...that knowing what
to do next is not enough, you must let the game tell you, what
to do,,), it was a clear sailing.
Cannot wait for the sequel.

kpajak
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Fabulous Game!

[Post New]by kpajak on Jun 28, 10 7:03 AM
Fabulous game, loved the storyline, the graphics, music not annoying, not too easy, a good challenge, hopefully there will be a sequel???

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Jun 28, 10 8:25 AM
Just want to say how much I love this game, some of the items might be small, but there arent many all over, so at some point you can find the pieces, they are hidden just enough. I am trying to savor this game, no hurry to finish, so I am taking my time on it. No places where you really get stuck and cant go on, like I have in a few other games that I never finished. Thank you BF and game developers, I hope there is a sequel, and dont cut us short just to buy it because your first one is so good, Here's hoping, and Thank You,

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jun 28, 10 11:30 AM
Soooo cool, just finished it, and found it to be a little challenging at times, but than I found my groove, and really started to enjoy this unique style, of game play.
The whimsical atmosphere made me feel like I was right there, it took me away to a magical place, that I never wanted to leave, so BEAUTIFUL !!
The story was spot on, excellent, I so got into the story, and the music choice was also perfect for this type of magical and whimsical game, I found it very relaxing and it awakened all of my senses, with the perfect sound effects.
For me, I know when a game is good, because it transports me into another world, where I can forget about my problems, and just get lost in the game.
This game did exactly that, I am not an adventure game lover, my brain just doesn't do good on adventure type games, I blame it on my brain surgerys..( they removed more than they where suppose to..lol )
But I felt this game had the perfect level of challenge, for me anyway, it was challenging, but not so hard, that I was totally frustrated.
The artwork and graphics, were stunning to look at, I did not want to pet the water horse, so he could drag me down to a watery grave, and eat me...lol .
What a great imagination these developers had, LOVED IT, the water horse was just an example of the many fabulous, surprises that await you in this game.
I enjoyed playing this game, and can't wait for the sequel, will be a definite buy for me .
Thanks BF and to all involved, in making another GREAT game, that I had so much FUN playing :-)

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Jun 28, 10 8:22 PM
What a wonderfully fun and imaginative game. I enjoyed every bit of it from the birds chirping to the beautiful graphics. The story grabs you and when you think you're almost done, you have more to do! Love that! This game left me wanting more and looking forward to the sequel. If the devs would have put voices in it instead of reading lines it would have been perfect! Took me about 4 hours, I didn't skip anything, so it's a good length game. out of games now, waiting for something else nice to come along. Try this one out, I don't think you will regret it.

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Jun 28, 10 9:24 PM
This was a delightful game. I enjoyed every minute of it. Well done on the graphics and music. I'm delighted that it looks like there will be a sequel.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jun 29, 10 3:24 AM
I am very glad I used a "punch" on this one. Don't be mislead by the relatively small size of the download--this game has it all over some that are much bigger. Kind of reminds me of "Treasure Seekers" or "Mystery of the Crystal Portal" in that you sometimes need parts and pieces to get the whole inventory item. But that's enjoyable because it brings in all the nice, artfully-done graphics. The sounds are unobtrusive so I kept my speakers on. Only experienced an hour or so--I can't comment on the game length, but I think the BFG walkthrough is pretty long. This is a keeper in my book.

Edited on 06/29/2010 at 3:24:55 AM PST

weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Jun 29, 10 3:29 AM
Tried it, bought it and l´m just fine with it.

The storyline is a bit too short and simple, the graphics could be more sharpened (but that´s a lack of many games), but this game has many well done features, like earning single map parts by finding the crystals in every scene and the use of the crystals to buy necessary items in the shop inside the game.
Also a very good feature, the map parts itself. While you´re running around like mad in some other games, because you probably have to go back to a previous scene, here you can open the map and hop right to the scene you have to go to.
Some things are imo a bit dispensable, like all this indications for directions, where you´re probably able to go.
While it isn´t much challenging to finish tasks, like the potion making ones, it is more difficult and a challenge to find the requested items to solve them.

As always, when Somatone makes the music part for a game: It´s marvellous!
Beside a little thing.
The music part for the Haunted Cottage, was nearly the same as it is for the Return To Ravenhearst game. Nice to hear a variation of it, but for real an easy way to have less work.

All things considered, it is a well done game and at least worth a try!

Edited on 06/29/2010 at 3:31:51 AM PST

jenni40
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jenni40 on Jun 29, 10 8:34 AM
Nearly finished and its lasted me on/off all afternoon - I have to say I wasn't even sure about it due to the small upload required but I loved it - it just got better and better - I too was put off with the obvious shears and prompts to cut bushes in the beginning but it has loads of areas and it kept me interested . I like it when you have to revisit areas and remember where you might have previously seen things . It was much more challenging than the appalling Dream Chronicles 4 in my opinion and def more value for money . Yes the objects were fairly easy ,when you could see them, and there were only a few to find but that suited me .Loved the challenge - only came on here to get help for the end!!

waguhs123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by waguhs123 on Jun 29, 10 9:06 AM
I really liked this game...And the best part was.. I HAD NO PROBLEMS WITH THIS GAME. Almost everytime that a new game comes out, I am among the people that have some kind of technical issue, but this time I had no issue whatsoever. I love the game. I liked how you had to go back several times to a certain place, to keep playing forward. It seems like a long game, so I think it's worth a buy.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jun 29, 10 10:34 AM
I have just finished the game, without the strategy help, it was at times knocking to find items and the next clue, but I did it!
Lovely game, very nice graphics and storyline, worth playing it!!
I love h. o. g. with strategy, definetly more teasing and interisting!! Happy gaming!!

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Jun 29, 10 3:43 PM
Just bought this one. I only had two minutes left on my preview. When the time goes by that fast, it's a winner. I look forward to happy gaming.

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Jun 29, 10 5:30 PM
Thanks happygrams18 for your in-depth review on this game. Seems like many people here and over at gamezebo gave great reviews. Sounds like my type of game so it's off to DL for me. Happy gaming all.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Jun 30, 10 4:50 AM
I just finished and I loved the game. I really liked the storyline and the interactive play between the scenes although at times I had to use the walkthrough because I didn't have a clue what to do next (where am I supposed to get a dress?) Many of the objects were too small and very hard to find in the dark background. Enjoyed the music - except for the flute at the chasm and altogether I enjoyed the hours I spent at the Tower! Good job developers. Just next time don't put dark objects on a dark background.

[Post New]by faerywings7 on Jun 30, 10 5:35 AM
I'm enjoying this game immensely. I like that it doesn't lead you by the nose... makes you stop and think, "Where did I see something that can help me with this?" Graphics are good and not too hard on my old eyes. I also like the variety of different mini-puzzles.

Go to: