Re:Your Comments and Review for Kate Arrow: Deserted Wood

[Post New]by skippy_tramp on Jun 29, 10 2:06 PM
I love the game , storyline, graphics, I jut thought there was to many hidden object but all the the hnts worked just fine.
Would like to see a sequel

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Jun 29, 10 2:39 PM
I gave myself a break for tending to my garden and
my brand new fruit bushes, so I am behind everyone,
Although I was hesitant at first. (too many good games here
and developers sites in June), after the demo, I just had to have it.

Generally I liked the game.
Nice clear graphics, objects cleverly hidden.
Minigames not difficult, I would like to see a bit more challenge,
Story...what can I say....?predictable?

Overall enjoyable gameplay.

rpcv
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rpcv on Jun 29, 10 7:44 PM
this game is very well done. It's the first game I've found that where the search and find objects in a realistic setting are clever. I also like that it has a story and I've experienced none of the technicial difficulties I've read some others had. I recommend it. It's fun!

Edited on 06/29/2010 at 7:45:12 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jun 30, 10 9:42 AM
I just finished this and must say thank you to the developers for giving me a very enjoyable game! Apart from the opening scenes where Kate has to fix just about everything including the plane (thats one clever woman!), I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the game. Nice graphics, hidden objects not glaringly obvious but not impossible to find, well thought out interactive tasks and interesting story made the game a pleasure to play. Bought it of course!

[Post New]by prettyfishy on Jun 30, 10 3:56 PM
Good game in demo but am having troubles now that I have bought it. In the village - I have collected the flowers, given bone to dog and got 4/5 pipes, but now the game will not trigger the Hidden Object puzzle for the monkey. Am stuck! Need help. Went to beach, but without monkey, cannot get scuba gear. Have reloaded game but still no monkey. Cannot get pipe from villager, cannot get whatever is next. Guide is no help at this point!

Please help.

Am enjoying game very much, but not enjoying stuck game.

[Post New]by belliveaushirley on Jun 30, 10 5:24 PM
Every time I sign off and return to the game, I go back to the beginning of the game is this hapenning to anybody else. It is not saving where I left off

shirl.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jun 30, 10 5:35 PM
No too shabby. Kinda cute. Returning to former areas and why, was failrly easy. Of course, the end is lame, but most stories are once you achieve the goal. I somewhat enjoyed this game and the puzzles were fun.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 1, 10 9:18 AM
romany09 wrote:Imagine: an archaeologist who is a grandMOTHER and her eye-candy grandSON coming to help...Anyway, I like the way the graphics are cleverly dovetailed so it's difficult to find them because of creative artwork, not because they are nano-sized. I like it, despite the perfect-looking female lead, and will buy it!

I'm assuming most game players for this genre are female so they make the protagonist someone their core group of customers can identify with. Just a guess though.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jul 1, 10 2:40 PM
Loving the game! Great Graphics, challenging, and just plain fun. Thank you BFG!

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Jul 1, 10 6:30 PM
This was a good game - not the best out there, but fun and well made nonetheless. The graphics were very clear with smooth game play, great hidden object scenes and some good adventure elements. The background story was fine, too. Overall an enjoyable game of good length well worth the $.

[Post New]by LauraD999 on Jul 1, 10 10:03 PM
I play these games with my 7 and 9 year old daughters on either side of me. It was pretty straight forward and easy to figure out. There was a nice mix of HOG and puzzles that were fun and slightly challenging, but easy enough for the girls to figure them out. We liked the mixing of the puzzles with the story and the hidden objects.

We played it FAST, though. It was a little disappointing to find that we were at the end game so fast.

I was really frustrated with one puzzle that used x and y coordinates. I think it was backwards. We solved it, but it was really irritating because I kept thinking the coordinates were off! x axis is east/west and y axis is north/south, but the coordinates were switched...or else I'm losing it.

Anyway, it was a fun one, but played way too fast for us. Still worth $6.99, though!

[Post New]by baykr713 on Jul 2, 10 5:38 AM
Okay, I am kinda torn. Cause while it was the kind of game I enjoy with lots of inteesting games, it was way too easy. And way too fast. It was more for beginners, I think. I like to be challenged.

quynne77
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by quynne77 on Jul 2, 10 6:53 AM
I played the demo and was not impressed (boring) but, thinking I needed an extra game to complete a card, I bought it. The rest of the game from the plane crash on was much better and I really enjoyed it and I am glad I bought it - the ending was a little lame but that is not unusual even for the best games.

To improve interest and reviews, I think the developers need to do something to the first two chapters (maybe only improve the graphics to make them more visually interesting/appealing) to match the quality of the rest of the game. Otherwise, if the game is judged by the demo, there will be many (almost like me) who won't give the game a chance due to being put off (bored/disappointed/uninterested) by these initial chapters which also in no way resemble the scenery suggested in the promotional page.

Edited on 07/02/2010 at 6:55:54 AM PST

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jul 2, 10 8:10 PM
Women would never wander off & get lost like men do. We have GPS, maps, & will ask for directions LOL This is why the intrepid female is always on the trail of some incompetent guy! Jeez, he couldn't take a head count on the idols?

The devs have it all bass-ackwards.....women gamers would prefer hot tamales eye candy smokin hot hunk protagonists any day of the wk

[Post New]by Anna11111 on Jul 3, 10 6:44 AM
I bought the game and found it too short, not good value!

mamacarole629
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by mamacarole629 on Jul 3, 10 10:06 AM
I was very disappointed in this game. I love **** and Match 3, however, I had to use too many hints as the game pieces were either too small or the same color as the background and was very difficult to find. I am usually pretty good at **** and I love a challenge but this one very frustrating. Anyone have any suggestions on other games, please let me know.

Lime_Cordial
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Lime_Cordial on Jul 3, 10 12:18 PM
Good game. A bit short but entertaining. Too easy of course, but very enjoyable and worthwhile.

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Jul 3, 10 1:11 PM
I started this game yesterday evening (Friday) and just finished (Saturday p.m.) and thought it a good one. It's short (5 chapters short), but since the July 4th sale is on, it's worth the less-than-regular price.

Have a Happy 4th all, and remember: sparklers will NOT work here under water!!

fauxgina
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by fauxgina on Jul 4, 10 6:39 AM
I've seen several three-star reviews for this game, and I think I have to agree. I enjoyed the demo, I thought the graphics were good, and the music was pretty relaxed throughout. Some found it boring, but I quite liked the change of pace from the normal dark, creepy, urgent music in a lot of the games I play. I found it rather chilled and meditative, which allowed me to relax and just play without feeling rushed.

A few aspects of the game seem hit-and-miss to me. As far as finding items went, for the most part items are hidden, but not so well you can't find them. However, I did use quite a lot of hints in this game (recharge time is fairly generous, which helped); I thought some items were virtually impossible to find, which was frustrating from time to time. Also there was quite a bit of going back and forth between screens to play hidden object games; not a big problem, just not terribly intuitive or varied when you're searching the same scene three times in fairly quick succession.

In all, I'd give this game , as well. I'm glad I bought it, but for those of you who aren't convinced, maybe wait until it's a Daily Deal. I do think it's worth $2.99-$6.99 (and I got it 30% off because of the 4th of July sale, which was nice!).

knute
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by knute on Jul 4, 10 1:29 PM
I have tried to get the flower into the pestle and mortar to grind up but it doesn't work! Help!

Go to: