puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Journey of Hope

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 28, 10 2:58 PM
As pointed out above, this game needs no tutorial, it IS a tutorial, and may be worthwhile if titled How To Play A HIdden Object Game. A good starter for the total novice in casual games but probably too dull for kids.

I got the impression that the developer needed a tutorial too to make one, so they bought up all the old DDs for study. Once they got all the clear, colorful crisp graphics done, then what to do with them? If they weren't over budget by then they may have hired a writer, or maybe they did the text to string all their pretty pictures together. If they had a storyboard they didn't follow it because nothing was in continuity and at times the flow went backwards.

"We need to discover the Cortez armor"?? We just left the Cortez exhibit and it was in your face, you didn't see it in that glass case? Even when you reached through the glass for the piggy bank and other junk displayed with it?? Check your inventory lady. So, back to that room and mysteriously our items are gone but we need a glass cutter and suction cups to cut the glass we didn't need before.
That was just for openers.

We get to show her how to put a map together with outlines of the jigsaw already drawn in place (did the tech forget to remove those clues?) Lesson 2, how to do a Jigsaw.

Oh oh, we forgot a theme or concept to tie the dialogue together into a story. No problem, study 6 or 7 DDs to see what's popular. Oh, a young female lead character with a missing father, grandfather gets old (pun) and dominant genes are a love for archaeology and a touch of dementia forgetting where he left a valuable idol, and total loss of directional instinct, obviously inherited by the daughter. Gramma and Mama are never in the picture to help, they divorced him long ago for abandonment. Our hero role model, the loyal daughter.

Somebody please send a current game to the devs for study or just for more practice. No, better yet leave them to think up new original ideas themself to use their nice graphics. That is what we pay them for. And, the + side is, it does look nice on my laptop. Could you just stretch the settings for 15.6" wide screen? Thank you.

Nice try guys, but been there done that.

[Post New]by ladytee20019 on Jun 28, 10 3:10 PM
I played the demo and finished the game in 16 minutes, this game is definitely for a child. I think it's too easy for my 8 yr old grandson. This game was not worry posting on big fish or developing.

Edited on 06/28/2010 at 3:10:31 PM PST

Areal
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Areal on Jun 28, 10 3:25 PM
Is this a joke? I finished in 57 min, and I'm a slow player. Couldn't believe my eyes when I set them on "End".

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 28, 10 3:38 PM
Gee, how could I leave off sound in my comments? The very first annoyance that ticking sound which I thought was a glitch in my new laptop speaker. And whatever that other jumbled racket identified in Options as Music. Who would have known. Lesson 3, How to find Mute in Options.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Jun 28, 10 4:03 PM
I thought this was a very pleasant game, an easy HOG with easy minigames. And I really liked the pictures for the item lists - something I'd never seen before. Yes, it is surely too short and too easy for the seasoned gamer, but I kept thinking how nice is would be for my niece who is 10 - a game she could most likely play on her own. So I would buy this game (hopefully as a DD), just to have on hand for her next visit.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Jun 28, 10 4:31 PM
BORING!!! This is definitely a game for children. As everyone has stated it's way too easy and just flat out boring. Even the story is nothing new. This is one of the worst HOG's I ever played and I only played for 10 minutes.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jun 28, 10 4:50 PM
My 6 year old grandson has been playing hidden object games since he was 3 and he would be bored silly with this one. I finished it with 18 minutes to spare on my free hour. Way too simple and the games were mindless.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jun 28, 10 5:02 PM
Where did you find this game. It was to easy and the ending was left up in the air you need to find more challenging ones.

With all the comments about this game can't you find a happy middle between the ones that take a few days to get threw and the one like this that is over in less the 45 minutes.

Edited on 06/28/2010 at 5:05:06 PM PST

[Post New]by Monarch3455 on Jun 28, 10 5:03 PM
No need to buy this game. I completed it in 51 min. with no hints

deesi
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by deesi on Jun 28, 10 6:52 PM
No challenge at all! I only played for 30 minutes and quit. The Music made me feel like I was at a funeral. This game is for beginners to HOGs

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieG on Jun 28, 10 6:59 PM
After all the negative comments, I just had to find out for myself. Could only play 10 min of the demo and uninstalled it for all the same reasons the other fishies posted.

One word......borrrring!

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Jun 28, 10 7:13 PM
I think this game should have been named Hopeless Journey because it's too boring to last through! I don't think I've ever before skipped mini puzzles just because they were too ridiculously easy! Even the story was the same old formula: Brave girl has to go in search of missing relative or loved one--but there weren't even any twists of danger or duplicity to make it interesting. The only positive was that there were some new and unique items to find in this game, though they repeated throughout the scenes. Might be good for somebody who had never played a computer game or a HOG game before.

[Post New]by shortnsassy6272 on Jun 28, 10 7:25 PM
Well just finished Journey of Hope. Much too easy. Great HOG for first-timers or kids. Graphics were good but constant prompting became annoying. Like to figure things out for myself. Even went to options to see if I missed the difficulty level, but alas, there was none.

Mini-games completely prompted. No rotating of pieces, just click and point.

Very disappointing for longtime HOG player.

Wow just read some reviews. Do I feel slow.Took 56 minutes from start to finish.

cucumber89
Salmon
Salmon
2,807 Posts

[Post New]by cucumber89 on Jun 28, 10 8:15 PM
Mind numbingly boring. I can't even boast that I finished it in less than an hour because I wasn't willing to give it any more of my time. Snooze fest!

FrankieS77
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by FrankieS77 on Jun 28, 10 8:53 PM
I agree, for an HOG the objects are not hidden at all, and pulsing of the found objects was slow and iritating. I played the entire 60 min trial and will not be buying this one, it was too painfully slow and not at all challenging. The hodden objects that you were supposed to find to continue the journey didn't even make sense. I mean, really, if you were in a storage room at a museum would you really NEED a donut with sprinkles to further your "investigation"? Maybe if it was a petrified Aztec donut!

Maybe a good game for elementary school children.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jun 28, 10 9:30 PM
After hearing that so many fishies finished the game during the demo, I thought I would try and finish it myself in an hour. I played it slowly, had half a bottle of wine, and still had 8 minutes left in the demo when I finished the game.
I actually had been at another site when it first came out and felt that it was a pointless game. Too much searching for stuff in the museum without coming up with anything useful to the game. Puzzles way to easy. Search for objects in a temple, get an object for the next temple, solve the easy puzzle to get into the next temple; repeat for a total of 4 times. The End.
As someone mentioned earlier, the game felt like it would have been good about 3 or 4 years ago, but not today with so many good games.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Jun 28, 10 10:44 PM
Well as with everyone else, I finished the game with 15 minutes left on the hour demo. I think this would be a really good game for someone who hasn't played HOG games before and needs a good introduction to them.

The music was nice and the graphics were good, but the gameplay was too easy and way too short. Also, for the minigames, it would have been nice to have instructions instead of just a skip button. Sometimes all it takes is just a simple explanation of what they are looking for to finish them instead of just offering a skip button.

Edited on 06/28/2010 at 10:45:14 PM PST

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jun 28, 10 11:41 PM
I played about half of the demo and quit. The graphics are clear and bright. The music was not irritating but then I had it turned down low. This is a straight HOG, but instead of word discriptions this is picture discriptions. I found Journey of Hope easy, but boring. I guess I missed the story.

I did not like that when I found an item, it pulsed so long at first I thought I was clicking on the wrong item. I did change the game cursor to the system cursor as the game cursor seemed to slow the game down.

This is a thumbs down for me.

Thanks BF for giving us a variety of games so all of us find something we like.

Pat

TigerJack
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJack on Jun 29, 10 3:55 AM
I hav to agree with all previous comments. I was stupid enough to buy this game then it was over. I should have used my first instinct and delete this at the end of the trial period. Some of the hidden objects were extremely small and hard to find, which took away some of the trial period for me.
Don't buy this one! it's a total waste of money!

Serafinos
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Serafinos on Jun 29, 10 5:48 AM
Nice game for novice players to hidden objects -- for beginners, perhaps.
But those that have played a couple of them... will even get bored.

This player, however, not impressed & could have completed entire game within 25 mins had my 7 yr old granddaughter not been here interrupting.
Did finish prior to demo time being up, though.

Oh well, win some, lose some -- and still love BF!!

Deauna
Granny having way too much fun being a kid! LOL

Go to: