Re:Post any Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole technical issues here only

[Post New]by janniemax on Jul 6, 10 9:18 AM
I have the flashing screen problem. Game loads, but when I run it, all I get is flashes of the first screen (looks like a cassette with two buttons, one red, one green). Closing the game doesn't always work; I've had to reboot. Multiple downloads, driver updates, resets, uninstalls/reinstalls - nothing works. This is the only BFG I've ever encountered this with.

It's something specific to my PC - can load on my hubbie's just fine, even though they're both Win 7 and mine's newer.

I put in a detailed problem report on Friday. Hopefully I'll hear something back soon (guess they're backed up from the weekend), and will share once I hear.

Edited on 07/06/2010 at 9:19:48 AM PST

johnniewhiskey
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by johnniewhiskey on Jul 6, 10 11:58 AM
When I tried to play the HOG there was no list to find, just one thing. I spent most of the free trial waiting for the hint to reload. I even changed player but the same thing happened . It looks like a good game if it worked!!

pdebusk
Clownfish
Clownfish
745 Posts

[Post New]by pdebusk on Jul 6, 10 12:30 PM
I'm having the same problem as some of the other posters and it's driving me out of my mind. First, I played the trial version and the game worked beautifully. After I bought it, forget about it.

I've restarted numerous times, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, deleted and created profiles, and no relief. I have the jerky cursor, the freezing up and barely being able to get the cursor to move to the menu so I can exit, and also, everything just moving unbearably slow. As I said, when I played the trial, I was having such fun, but now I can't even get the first hour to play properly.

Sometimes after I restart, I can play fine for a few minutes, but never more than that.

I've been fooling with this for two days, and I'm losing patience. For every problem I've had, I've seen someone else post about it, so I'll keep checking back and see what solutions are being offered.

ETA: Forgot to say that I automatically checked for any updates to my system and everything is fine in that regard. <SIGH>

Edited on 07/06/2010 at 12:33:16 PM PST

[Post New]by Eve_Care on Jul 6, 10 7:19 PM
I have the full screen problem like some other posters here.

I updated my drivers and it says they are all current now.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

Same error pops up:

Display Change Failed-
"The specified mode is not supported by this device."

This is the very first game I have ever had a problem with of this nature, and it happened after I purchased it. I normally download the demo before purchasing, but with this one I just purchased before trying the demo. Lesson learned: I will always try the demo before purchasing from now on.

Looking forward to the solution or patch/fix for this problem, and hope BFG is able to resolve all the other probs people are having with this game, or refunds / exchanges should be in order.

[Post New]by ozwiz10 on Jul 6, 10 11:41 PM
I am having similar issues to those mentioned, Game downloaded OK but won't play. Tells me to upgrade my graphics drivers. Went to Google but not sure what I need. Help please anyone?? I don't use Avast

[Post New]by janniemax on Jul 7, 10 4:19 PM
Update to my earlier technical problem message: BFG is talking with the developer about the problems that have been noted here. There will, at some point, be an updated release that should help. In the meantime - guess I'm not playing this game (accepted the refund).

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Jul 7, 10 11:01 PM
I cannot pick up the star from the fountain.

I was really enjoying this game, and planning to buy it as soon as my hour ran out. I clicked on the fountain, it brought up the magnified picture of the star, but wouldn't let me pick it up. After many tries, I shut down the game, with 12 minutes left in the hour, then reopened it. Now it shows I still need that star, but the fountain is no longer interactive, so I cannot continue the game.

What a huge disappointment. I really hope there will be an update really soon, before I forget how much I was enjoying the game and wanted to buy it.

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Jul 8, 10 5:33 AM
orchidna wrote:I cannot pick up the star from the fountain.

I was really enjoying this game, and planning to buy it as soon as my hour ran out. I clicked on the fountain, it brought up the magnified picture of the star, but wouldn't let me pick it up. After many tries, I shut down the game, with 12 minutes left in the hour, then reopened it. Now it shows I still need that star, but the fountain is no longer interactive, so I cannot continue the game.

What a huge disappointment. I really hope there will be an update really soon, before I forget how much I was enjoying the game and wanted to buy it.

When I ventured back (hoping the freezing & cursor issues had magically disappeared - some hope ) I also came across this problem. I've now uninstalled the game and will be contacting BFG about a refund - again!

[Post New]by mrw0127 on Jul 8, 10 7:11 AM
Pat_ric_ia wrote:Hi, I have been playing and thoroughly enjoying the Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole and had reached Chapter 12 when my laptop suddenly crashed. I was at the point where I had the net in my inventory, had moved to the side of the ship and was hunting for the objects (but hadn't gone into the ship) when the machine shut down on me.

Sadly, I'm glad to hear that someone else has the "computer shutdown" problem. I've played this game on two nights this week. After about 45 minutes the first night, the computer just shutdown; couldn't get it to power up at all, so went to bed. Last night it did it again. I was able to bring it back up in a couple minutes and restarted the game - it picked up exactly where I'd left off - but only a few more minutes and the computer shutdown again and would not come on.

I know this sounds like more of a hardware problem, but I had this same issue a couple months ago while playing the first Flux game. Before then and in the interim, I've played dozens of other HOG and other games (plus actually done some work <g> ) without this random shutdown problem. Although I'm really enjoying this game, I'm going to put it aside and play other HOGs and other games for the next
week to see if this is just incredible coincidence or not.

FOLLOW-UP: Was on the computer for five hours last night for a couple online meetings, some email and some games. Did not play Fluxs and my computer never shut down.

Edited on 07/09/2010 at 4:03:48 AM PST

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Jul 8, 10 7:53 PM
My problem is with the minigames- often after ive solved it. it freezes. just sits there. sometimes opening and shuting the mini helps sometimes repeating a final step and sometimes. it just - eventually- registers. Minor I know but still a drag and slows down play.

[Post New]by winga2439 on Jul 8, 10 8:24 PM
Ugh, WISH I could play this game I bought! I played the collectors edition just fine with no errors but this version will not open. Dang hardware accelerator error. Are they trying to fix this?

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Jul 9, 10 4:54 PM
Hi gailweis and mrw0127, It sounds as if we are all having very similar problems with this game. Has anyone come up with a solution yet? I am reluctant to start over with the Flux Family Rabbit Hole as I was so close to completing my first attempt.
(As for the shutting down problem!!! ... I am having this happen each time I play Deep Blue Sea 2. I still haven't finished that game as I just get through a couple of levels and the b***** thing closes down completely. I am being very stubborn with it though and am determined to finish it regardless!)
Pleased to say that most of the other games play just fine, with no glitches.
Good luck with finding a resolution.
Pat_ric_ia x

[Post New]by mrw0127 on Jul 10, 10 6:50 PM
Pat_ric_ia and Gail - It did it again tonight, after 24 minutes of play (I happened to be looking for the last item on Henry Ford's workbench). Last night, I did not play Flux, but did play some others with no problem. The games played fine, and the computer ran fine and was still running this morning. I ran some diagnostics just to check, but everything comes up clean and good. I've never had this happen on any game from BFG before (didn't buy Deep Blue).
Hope someone finds a fix.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Jul 11, 10 2:33 AM
Hi mrw0127, Me too! I hope this problem is resolved really quickly because I was enjoying the game so much.
I'm pleased to say that my problem with Deep Blue Sea 2 was cured by Big Fish. I just had to uninstall then re-install it. The revised version played perfectly AND I didn't have to start from scratch as it took me to the point I'd left it.
Hope the same thing is going to be possible soon with The Rabbit Hole ......... HINT HINT.
Keep your fingers crossed mrw127 .... I have mine crossed (or is that my eyes? Too many late nights playing computer games!)
Pat_ric_ia x

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Jul 12, 10 3:42 PM
I reinstalled the game, downloaded a new DirectX, and still don't get anything at the railroad tracks in the Lincoln Chapter 1. No arrows, no **** scene, nothing. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by heatherrae on Jul 13, 10 8:40 AM
cei4009a wrote:The game downloaded fine but as soon as I click on play my computer screen starts flashing and I have to reboot. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled several times and it continues to do the same thing. I give up. Very disappointing.
Hope they find a fix soon.

I had the same problem (running Windows Vista) I right clicked>clicked Graphics Properties>Click Display Settings>Click Video Settings> Click Enable Application Settings Override(make sure box is checked). It works perfect now.

[Post New]by lindamila on Jul 13, 10 12:30 PM
laraly wrote:I have downloaded the trial, but the game won't open, it says to accelerate the hardware and update the driver, done all, but still won't open.
Lately many games I have tried had technical problems of various types.
BFG what's going on?

I have the same problem... Did you solve yours?

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jul 15, 10 9:08 AM
I prefer playing all my games in windowed mode mostly because of the dark screen issue in fullscreen but also because of Windows messages that pop up on occasion. I'm really disappointed in the windowed mode in this game. When I first tried it, I got a black background behind the "window" but it was not an actual window, only a smaller version of the screen. Restart gave me a window after I changed my normal 1152 x 864 screen resolution to the recommended 1280 x 768. That put the bottom of the window off the screen. Tried several others and finally found that 1280 x 960 worked okay but was in widescreen rather than normal size window. As much as I like the game, the screen resolution issue along with other reported game play issues makes this a BUY only on a daily deal. Sorry but won't pay $6.99 for a buggy game.

EDIT: I also upgraded DirectX, Flash Player and video driver in order to get this to play half-way decent.

Edited on 07/15/2010 at 9:09:11 AM PST

[Post New]by gingernissa on Jul 17, 10 3:36 PM
I have upgraded my video driver but am unable to change the Hardware Acceleration. I am still unable to even open the game. Any one out there with a solution? I loved the first game and was looking forward to playing this one. But may be unable to unless I can get this issue resolved.

[Post New]by Teej925 on Jul 23, 10 9:04 PM
Just wanted to add that I'm having the same crashes. Hope they will release a fix soon!

Go to: