blndbomer
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Post any Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones technical issues here only

[Post New]by blndbomer on Jul 5, 10 8:51 PM
I installed and uninstalled,then tried again.Once accepting the OPENal. and once not.After BigFish logo and Mutant Arcade,it shows loading then the game shuts itself off going back to GameManager.

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 8:52:21 PM PST

[Post New]by a50youngnurse on Jul 5, 10 8:55 PM
Has anyone had problems with downloading taking a very very long time? I stopped it and tried again and the same thing....when it finally completed it kept saying saving file for like 15-20 mins. I am on my third try and still taking forever. I bought it without demo. Am getting really frustrated.

[Post New]by georgiapeach on Jul 5, 10 8:59 PM
I downloaded the game said yes when asked but when I try to play the game it keeps popping off and on Help I've now downloaded and uninstalled 4 times. The same thing happens when I try to play the screen goes off and on I can hear the sound but thr picture keeps going in and out HELP nothing like this has happened to me before. Thanks I'll try anything

Edited on 07/06/2010 at 3:26:59 AM PST

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Jul 6, 10 3:46 AM
The strangest thing happened. I used the barrel tap to get the half full mug. Took it off with the wench. Hadn't read the walkthrough. Finally put it back on the same barrel but now, after looking at the walkthrough, there's no wrench to take it off. It's not back in the scene where I found it and I can't progress without using the tap on the other barrel. The walkthrough doesn't speak to this so is it a technical issue?

corgy
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by corgy on Jul 6, 10 4:23 AM
I also have same issues; downloaded game twice; got same error message when I clicked 'play'.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 6, 10 4:28 AM
paco12348 wrote:The strangest thing happened. I used the barrel tap to get the half full mug. Took it off with the wench. Hadn't read the walkthrough. Finally put it back on the same barrel but now, after looking at the walkthrough, there's no wrench to take it off. It's not back in the scene where I found it and I can't progress without using the tap on the other barrel. The walkthrough doesn't speak to this so is it a technical issue?

There's a thread concerning that problem. The developer was online helping people but so far that one is going to need a patch. Most of us just started over and made sure to remember to use the tap on the two DIFFERENT kegs. Sorry for the bad news.

[Post New]by kebber on Jul 6, 10 5:48 AM
Can't open game. dll missing? whatever.

phoenix64
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by phoenix64 on Jul 6, 10 8:25 AM
[b] Im having same problem. Uninstalled and reloaded and game opened but no words just opaque banners. Im W7 too. I shall chuck it out and try again later when BF has sorted the problem - glad I tried before buying.

hookt
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by hookt on Jul 6, 10 8:28 AM
I downloaded the trial version. The game plays fine and in full screen. After 30 minutes of play, I decided to exit the game. After I hit Exit, my computer shuts down and starts back up. I'm not sure if it's my computer or the game as I ran into the same situation with Flux Family Secrets - The Rabbit Hole. Anyone else run into this problem?

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 6, 10 10:07 AM
Hi fishies!

If you are getting an Access Violation error, it may help to adjust the settings on your firewall or check for updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X. It will also be helpful to make sure your game is running as administrator. Here are some links with more information.

Access Violation

Run as Administrator

Also, if you are receiving an error similar to this: Cannot find import; dll may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version file "Open al32.dll", Error126 Please refer to bfgZambezi's post, here, for more information.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

niki93
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by niki93 on Jul 6, 10 10:36 AM
stuck in the pool hall, have all three balls, can not put them in the triangle. replayed the game still stuck in the same place help please..

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Jul 6, 10 10:49 AM
I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, but I didn't see any reset option. I went right back to the same bar scene with the same problem. Am I jumping the gun here and there is not reset option yet or is there still some problem with this scene. I do love this game, until now and I am very, very appriciative of the game developer taking a personal interest. I still have games I cannot play because no one seems to care. So thank you so much and please give me this game back.

_Jinxy_
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by _Jinxy_ on Jul 6, 10 11:33 AM
I am having the same problem as some other fishies on here.

I downloaded the game and when I started it there are only blank banners coming up where the dialogue is supposed to be and it does not show any of the options, such as when i click on 'menu' it just brings up more blank spaces.

I guess I will have to un install and wait until all the bugs are fixed?

Any other ideas or suggestions? I am running windows 7 by the way.

[Post New]by Scarlian on Jul 6, 10 11:43 AM
I was able to download and play the game (ish), however there are internal issues within the game. The screen is ultra jumpy when you click on inventory, or get to the main map page. There is also a problem with the caption boxes not remaining when you hover over an item. As well as the game locked up in the bowling alley. I hope they get this issues fixed, surprised they were not caught and fixed at the beta test stage.

[Post New]by janmarie1960 on Jul 6, 10 11:45 AM
I am stuck on Chapter 10 it says to take the stone thing that I have collected the stones in and to put it in the hole in the gate, but I can't seem to pick up that particular thing, Can anyone help me please!!!

[Post New]by YourGrace54 on Jul 6, 10 12:07 PM
I am a long time customer of BF and this is the first time I have had any issues with any of their great games....I know this is a minor one but I am stuck untill I can get it solved....Anyway, here goes.....
I am in the barrel room and have found the rope and attached it to the dolly. I have been clicking my little finger off trying to find the *gears* to move that dolly over but to no avail....can anyone tell me what is wrong?
This game has been running perfectly up till this point.
Thanks for your time.....

jramme
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by jramme on Jul 6, 10 1:05 PM
janmarie1960 wrote:I am stuck on Chapter 10 it says to take the stone thing that I have collected the stones in and to put it in the hole in the gate, but I can't seem to pick up that particular thing, Can anyone help me please!!!

I am having the same problem. I noticed that the middle stone is missing out of my stone holder. Where it went, I have no idea and don't know how to find it. Evidently, all the holes must have a stone, but there is no way to go back and find one i may have missed. However, I don't think I missed one, I just think the last one did not go in. So now I am stuck with nowhere to go and I sure don't want to have to start the game all over. Hope somebody can help.

[Post New]by WeeHillyWilly on Jul 6, 10 1:50 PM
My only problem thus far, is that my cursor will freeze. But moving the mouse a bit back and forth seems to un freeze it. And no, it's not my computer cursor.....I know that for fact.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Jul 6, 10 4:58 PM
Hi Fishies,

Since there is a new version of Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones , that addresses the majority of the posts in this thread, we're going to go ahead and lock up this tech thread and refer folks to the announcement thread where the build has been posted.

CLICK HERE FOR UPDATED VERSION ANNOUNCEMENT

If you are experiencing a different technical issue, or if this update did not resolve a technical issue in your game, please post in the new technical issues thread that is stickied to the top of this forum

CLICK HERE FOR NEW TECH ISSUES THREAD

Beginning a new discussion for new tech issues that may come up will help us notice and escalate technical issues more quickly and more efficiently.

If you need specific technical troubleshooting help, please contact Customer Support. Just click the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Thanks everyone!

Go to: