[Post New]by Harriju on Jul 5, 10 8:50 PM
Excellent game!!!

nancehere
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones

[Post New]by nancehere on Jul 5, 10 9:10 PM
Hey all, I just want to thank everyone who posted all the positive remarks and why they liked the game. It really helps to make a decision and I just don't have time to try out the demo but feel I will purchase it anyway as I want to take advantage of the discount and the minutes are ticking by! Particularly what helps is when you describe the actual parts of the game you like and why you like it. Soooo, keep it up gamers, much appreciated!

ryanjohn
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ryanjohn on Jul 5, 10 9:21 PM
Thanks for the reviews guys and gals. I depend on them sometimes just to see if I will demo something--this one is a go.

Also, I don't mean to be picky or mean spirited, but in the comments and reviews is it possible not to post how to do certain things in the game. I like how people post those questions as separate threads and that way I can avoid them.

Thank you!

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Jul 5, 10 9:22 PM
Yes, the prince is rather amusing, but by the time he put in an appearance I was too busy trying to hold my gorge at the revolting plastic graphix, sorry. This is one unattractive looking game.

vkacademy
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by vkacademy on Jul 5, 10 9:34 PM
Bought and enjoyed it. Played through in about four hours. I liked having to use logic and examination to figure things out and I'm proud to say I didn't need any walkthrough. The ending is abrupt, though. Nice game and worth the sale price.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 5, 10 9:45 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game...it was fun, interesting, made me laugh at times, and not so overly challenging that I got frustrated. I took my time and it lasted much longer than I expected. I had the music low, and it didn't bother me at all. More like this one, please. It was an unexpected pleasure

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Jul 5, 10 9:49 PM
What a delightful game! Well done programers. Hope we'll see more from you. This was an unexpected pleasure and I enjoyed every minute of it. I liked that you never did the same scene again, puzzles were challenging, and hidden objects were well done and original. Thanks for such a good game.

purplemist
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by purplemist on Jul 5, 10 10:05 PM
I was not going to download as I was not trusting of the installer thingy....yet after looking into it found it okay to download so am trying again..thx to those who have also explained this downloader

gypsybaby1
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by gypsybaby1 on Jul 5, 10 10:31 PM
Didn't make it a full five minutes and was bored to tears. After the richness of the graphics in other HOGs, this one was just plain.... PLAIN! It looked like level one rendering... no depth, no interest, nothing... just... plain as white paper.

Music was annoying. The Princess was ESPECIALLY annoying...

I'll be deleting this asap.

Janeport
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by Janeport on Jul 5, 10 11:43 PM
Linisleo

Hope this is not a silly question, did you attach your burning rag to the stick?

mamachi
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by mamachi on Jul 6, 10 12:15 AM
This game is wonderfull. The graphic is the best for month. The story is acceptable and the puzzles are not too hard.
I hope we will see more games not filled with spiders and horror but with beautiful enjoyable graphic.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jul 6, 10 2:03 AM
The opening scene didn't thrill me, that's for sure! And then the princess' demands! Yikes! But dang, I said to her just what I really would say, LOL. I kind of like my character, though I think the pompous prince and self-absorbed princess seem to deserve each other!

As I played, I began to really appreciate the quirkiness, the campy humor, and even the tongue-in-cheek social commentary hinted at. Yes, it looks kind of Disneyish, but it is definitely an adult game on many levels.

The HOGs are challenging, but easy to see for the most part. I love the music. The story is different, and the dialog not overwhelming. The graphics are sharp and clear, though some of the renderings could have been done a little better. I was reminded of the look of Myst - over 15 years ago.

But yes, the fantasy Barbie world exploding into a grainy 50's retro world was a very cool touch, and I sort of like it better than the Barbie world, to tell the truth. I was afraid I was almost done when the demo came to an end, since I had already found 4 orbs. But I guess there are a lot more to go than just what fit in the first tray.

I'll be buying this one with one of my free coupons. It is a little more HOG than I like, but the adventure parts are really fun, and do require thinking outside the box. I haven't gotten stuck yet, but there is that magic journal in case I do.

Big Kudos to the developer!!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 6, 10 2:33 AM
It seems I'll be the only discordant sound in this concert of eulogies. I did'nt like the game. Played all the demo to convice me I was wrong but it didn't work. Graphics are appealing, music just bearable for a while, gameplay too easy. The only positive thing is the dreaful temper of a stupid price (and princess), might have been fun in a better game. I tried it because the game logo reminded me of the one of Dream Chronicles. I was far wrong, Dream Chronicles is a great game, this one is not, not even woth 2.99 sale.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 6, 10 2:46 AM
Posted a "panicky" comment yesterday in this forum about "ancillary" apps being d/l'd along with games. Turns out I was wrong. Tried the game today and it is just enjoyable (so far). No problem w/the "openAL" install add-on. I think the graphics are well done, the background music is easy on the ears (but maybe a bit repetitive for some), and the hidden object scenes pretty much make sense (haven't come across any "fire hydrants" or "car jacks" so far). The post from the developer recently put my mind at ease, because it can be distressing to see a legal mumbo-jumbo warning about some other software that you "need" to have--in this case, my worries are gone. I apologize to BFG for my knee-jerk reaction, but maybe a warning would have been nice. I look forward to enjoying the rest of this beautifully-rendered game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 6, 10 6:16 AM
I was looking forward to playing this game, but when I started to play, I was dismayed at seeing those cartoon-like images, just like those you see in some kids programmes, rather plasticy and not very nicely drawn.
I was also disappointed that I couldn't see the places I fixed in its former glory, but had to move on to the next chapter without being able to go back to the places I had restored.
I had no trouble with sound nor with the bowling alley or anything else - as far as I got before I stopped playing (that was 40 minutes into the game). I got 2 stones, and then stopped the game. Apart from those not very nice looking images, the game was just not challenging enough for me.

ubeacha
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ubeacha on Jul 6, 10 6:20 AM
This is up there with one of my favorite games. Despite the glitches, I really loved it. I didn't even mind having to restart because I got stuck at the bar scene when I put the pump on the same keg twice. It looks like the developer is working on the glitches and will get them ironed out. I had no problems after I restarted and got past the bar scene. It's a really fun and original game with beautiful graphics. I was never bored!

pjandmaui
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by pjandmaui on Jul 6, 10 7:31 AM
a first for big fish? games that won't play unless you approve their installer that wants to attach itself to send out their programs via your puter to all you know PLUS their own toolbars etc etc - please BF - NEVER do that again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if you say no to the installer with attachments, the game won't play. pppfffffttttttt

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Jul 6, 10 8:25 AM
ubeacha wrote:This is up there with one of my favorite games. Despite the glitches, I really loved it. I didn't even mind having to restart because I got stuck at the bar scene when I put the pump on the same keg twice. It looks like the developer is working on the glitches and will get them ironed out. I had no problems after I restarted and got past the bar scene. It's a really fun and original game with beautiful graphics. I was never bored!

I second everything you said, ubeacha! Great little game with some quirky differences that set it apart from the usual HOG/Adventure. The creators were ingenious (and possibly diabolical!) in how they managed to disguise simple objects in a simple scene, making them a real challenge to find in some cases.

I also fell into the keg/pump trap and have restarted from the beginning. Enjoying it all over again, but wish the required objects in HOG scenes had changed to allow for more replay value. Oh, well - love it anyway!

[Post New]by MizPersnicket on Jul 6, 10 1:37 PM
I was enjoying this game until the Bar scene. I completed the HOG's and got the wrench and keg pump and glass.

Filled the glass with the one tap and removed the pump. However the game wouldn't let me use the pump on the second keg, only the left one again. My wrench is since gone, and I can't remove the pump!

I'm not about to start the game from the beginning to redo. SO ANNOYING.
I wanted to like this game, but since the pump is now stuck and my wrench gone from my inventory, I can't continue!

Edited on 07/06/2010 at 1:38:06 PM PST

Godolfin
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Godolfin on Jul 6, 10 1:55 PM
I have to say that I'm with the people who don't like this one. After games like Ravenhurst and Puppetville this game is just too easy and annoying. And what is with the recycled music from BabyLuv? My 4 year old plays that game and I can't stand the music then either. Couldn't they at least come up with a new soundtrack. Lazy!

Go to: