Re:Can't get movie sign to light up - stuck

[Post New]by toaster111 on Jul 7, 10 12:19 PM
I have everything to light up but cannot get the L I N. Help,going crazy. Thanks

[Post New]by justplainme on Jul 7, 10 12:25 PM
Hello all

I too cannot get that doggone sign to light up! But I wanted to ask first if am I understanding correctly that there is supposed to be a re-set switch on the side of the building? If so, I don't have one on the side of the building and I am wondering why?

I would appreciate anyone's assistance in this matter because it's driving me crazy. I would also like to thank everyone who puts so much time and caring into the reviews and answering questions and giving assistance to a newbie like me.

Thanks

[Post New]by Grams10 on Jul 7, 10 1:47 PM
Help Robin - I have all lite up except the E S & N. Please semd me a solution before I loose my happy mind!!!

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 7, 10 6:23 PM
toaster111 wrote:I have everything to light up but cannot get the L I N. Help,going crazy. Thanks

OK, this solution will ONLY work for this specific set of letters. If anyone else is stuck and you've already reviewed the Blog Walkthrough for the instructions and still can't get it, post your exact configuration and I'll give you that solution.

Anyway: L, I and N are dark, all other letters are lit up.
There are many possible solutions. Here's one.

1. Click on the switch above the arrows button, marked (A) in the Blog Walkthrough screenshot. This will move the lighted triangle so it's under the E, and turn all the arrow switches off so we can use whichever we need.

2. Click on the 3 arrow button. That will light up the L.

3. Click on the 4 arrow button. That will turn off the 2nd O, but don't worry, we'll turn it back on again soon.

4. Click on the 1 arrow button. That will turn on the N.

5. Click on the Switch again. This will reset all the arrow buttons. The lighted triangle will go back under the E.

6. Click on the 4 arrow button. That will turn off the 1st O. We'll get it back in a minute.

7. Click on the 2 arrow button. That will turn on the I.

8. Click on the 1 arrow button. That will turn the 2nd O back on.

9. Click on the Switch again. This will reset all the arrow buttons. The lighted triangle will go back under the E.

10. Click on the 4 arrow button. That will turn the 1st O back on .

That should do it!
Robin

Edited on 07/07/2010 at 6:32:37 PM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 7, 10 6:25 PM
justplainme wrote:Hello all

I too cannot get that doggone sign to light up! But I wanted to ask first if am I understanding correctly that there is supposed to be a re-set switch on the side of the building? If so, I don't have one on the side of the building and I am wondering why?

I would appreciate anyone's assistance in this matter because it's driving me crazy. I would also like to thank everyone who puts so much time and caring into the reviews and answering questions and giving assistance to a newbie like me.

Thanks

First, make sure that you're in the main scene, not the zoom scene by the ticket office. You will only be able to see the Switch if you can also see the letters that spell EXPLOSION on the top of the building.

Then, check the marked screenshot in the Blog Walkthrough. It shows you where the Switch is.

To get to the Blog Walkthrough, click on the Try this Game link at the top of this page, then click on the link to the Blog Walkthrough.

Good luck!
Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 7, 10 6:32 PM
Grams10 wrote:Help Robin - I have all lite up except the E S & N. Please semd me a solution before I loose my happy mind!!!

OK, this solution will ONLY work for this specific set of letters. If anyone else is stuck and you've already reviewed the Blog Walkthrough for the instructions and still can't get it, post your exact configuration and I'll give you that solution.

Anyway: E, S and N are dark, all other letters are lit up.
There are many possible solutions. Here's one. This is a tricky one!

1. Click on the switch above the arrows button, marked (A) in the Blog Walkthrough screenshot. This will move the lighted triangle so it's under the E, and turn all the arrow switches off so we can use whichever we need.

2. Click on the 4 arrow button. That will turn off the 1st O, but don't worry, we'll turn it back on again soon.

3. Click on the 1 arrow button. That will turn on the S.

4. Click on the 3 arrow button. That will turn on the N.

5. Click on the Switch again. This will reset all the arrow buttons. The lighted triangle will go back under the E.

6. Click on the 4 arrow button. That will turn on the 1st O.

7. Click on the 3 arrow button. That will turn off the 2nd O. We'll get back to it in a minute.

8. Click on the 2 arrow button. That will turn on the E since the letters wrap around.

9. Click on the Switch again. This will reset all the arrow buttons. The lighted triangle will go back under the E.

10. Click on the 4 arrow button. That will turn off the 1st O one more time, but we need it to get to the next one .

11. Click on the 3 arrow button. That will turn the 2nd O back on.

12. Click on the Switch again. This will reset all the arrow buttons. The lighted triangle will go back under the E.

13. Click on the 4 arrow button. That will turn the 1st O back on.

That should do it!
Robin

Edited on 07/07/2010 at 6:33:06 PM PST

jazzluv
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jazzluv on Jul 7, 10 9:54 PM
Yeah I'm really sick of this too - games are supposed to be fun - there should be a skip or solution - L I N are not lit up. I would appreciate your help - I really hate logic puzzles.

Edited on 07/07/2010 at 9:58:38 PM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 7, 10 11:49 PM
jazzluv wrote:Yeah I'm really sick of this too - games are supposed to be fun - there should be a skip or solution - L I N are not lit up. I would appreciate your help - I really hate logic puzzles.

Look 3 or 4 posts above yours--a solution for L I N has already been posted.

By the way, If you have a PC and you get the newest version of the game, there will be a SKIP button for this puzzle--as you can tell from this thread, quite a number of people got stuck on it.

Either way, you should be able to move forward.

Good luck!
Robin

jazzluv
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jazzluv on Jul 8, 10 6:45 PM
Thanks Robin

On a Mac - so this is the latest game. Thanks for your time.
Susan

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 8, 10 7:00 PM
jazzluv wrote:Thanks Robin

On a Mac - so this is the latest game. Thanks for your time.
Susan

Hopefully the solution upthread will work for you then.

Good luck!
Robin

[Post New]by kimberley88 on Jul 8, 10 7:07 PM
I don't know how to light the letter 'i' up, please will you help

Edited on 07/08/2010 at 7:12:41 PM PST

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 8, 10 7:15 PM
kimberley88 wrote:I don't know how to light the letter 'i' up, please will you help

Anyway: I is dark, all other letters are lit up.
There are many possible solutions. Here's one.

2. Click on the 4 arrow button. That will turn off the 1st O, but don't worry, we'll turn it back on again soon.

3. Click on the 2 arrow button. That will turn on the I.

4. Click on the Switch again. This will reset all the arrow buttons. The lighted triangle will go back under the E.

5. Click on the 4 arrow button. That will turn the 1st O back on.

That should do it!
Robin

[Post New]by kimberley88 on Jul 8, 10 7:19 PM
Thank you so much

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 9, 10 8:16 AM
If you have the July 7 version of the PC game or later, you will see the SKIP button in the scene from the beginning of the chapter, it just won't light up and be usable until you've worked on the puzzle a bit.

If you don't see the SKIP button at all, you have an older version of the game that doesn't have a SKIP button.

Robin

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jul 10, 10 8:41 AM
bump for the weekend

Go to: