plumblsm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 here.

[Post New]by plumblsm on Apr 8, 18 7:15 PM
I'm having the same problems. I'm on a MacBook Pro. I got in touch with customer support and basically got an 'oh well here's a code for a free game'. No fix, no nothing. That was really disappointing. Like you guys, I absolutely LOVE this game. I'm hoping and praying for an update.

[Post New]by pat9999 on Apr 10, 18 11:39 AM
Problem is, you can't get AT options, which includes the full screen mode choice, because only the upper lefthand corner of the screen shows.

[Post New]by pat9999 on Apr 10, 18 4:39 PM
I got the same quarter-screen filling the whole screen. Windows 10.
--control panel
--trouble shooter
--specific park ranger 7 .exe wasn't listed. Had to find it in c:\program files (86)\vacation adventure park ranger 7\parkranger7.est
--clicked on browse, selected the above file
--next
--test

Important punchline: The fix that troubleshooter accepted was something about "large fonts" interfering with the game.

Bingo, I got a screen. Didn't even have to turn off "full screen" to make it work.

So far.

If you know how to mess with Troubleshooter, you might make this work. Mostly I just stumble through it.

[Post New]by jnow1101 on Apr 14, 18 1:27 PM
Quarter screen problem on Mac. Similar to Windows, it seems like the display is off within the game. Please fix for Mac users. It will not display a full screen regardless of the settings.

[Post New]by ecohen70101 on Apr 14, 18 1:58 PM
Seriously still no resolve for Mac users?

[Post New]by MTimesTwo on Apr 14, 18 6:33 PM
Same for me as others: screen too big and game falls off screen Mac High Sierra.

[Post New]by Linny69 on Apr 15, 18 8:10 AM
Seriously...when is the maker of this game going to fix this issue? Do they even know about it? sheesh.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 15, 18 12:04 PM
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to swim by really quickly to apologize to our players for this situation. We're very sorry that some of our players have had trouble playing this game due to display issues. Reports of this have been passed along to the appropriate teams so they're aware of them. As soon as we hear any information about a possible update for the game, our Moderators strive to let our players know right away. We appreciate everyone's understanding and patience.

For those who would prefer a replacement game, please contact our Technical Support Team. They have the tools to handle this type of request.

If there are additional concerns, please feel free to contact one of our Moderators by PM. We'll be happy to listen and provide any answers that we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Necron99 on Apr 24, 18 10:45 AM
It's fixed!! And they also fixed the annoying teeny tiny cursor problem! Many thanks to BFG and Casual Arts! I'm one happy customer.

iheathco
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by iheathco on Apr 24, 18 2:32 PM
Thanks to Necron99 for the heads up - yes, it's fixed! Works fine now on my MacBook Pro. Thanks, everybody, but Casual Arts, please check more carefully before you release a game in future! This isn't the first time for this issue.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 24, 18 2:41 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for letting us know the issue with Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 has been fixed. We sincerely appreciate hearing back from you.

An update for Mac players has been released, and it is intended to fix the retina and resolution issues players encountered. I've included a link to the announcement below.

UPDATE! New version available for Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 7 (Mac) - April 23, 2018

It's possible that in some cases the game must be restarted for the update to take effect. Please email our Technical Support Team if the update doesn't resolve the resolution troubles.

Best wishes to everyone.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by gamenotworking on Apr 24, 18 3:45 PM
It's fixed, but a strange fix. on More space display, displays in the upper left of the display and can't do full screen.

But it's playable and I love this series of games.

plumblsm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by plumblsm on Apr 25, 18 12:31 PM
It was great to hear there is a fix for this, but I'm having trouble updating. I opened the game manager, chose options then download. I chose manual. but when I checked it said there were no updates available.
I reinstalled the game hoping that might help, but it still shows that there are no updates and the display problem was still there. Am I doing something wrong? Please advise...thanks all. I'm using a MacBookPro with retnia display running High Sierra.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Apr 25, 18 1:39 PM
Hi plumblsm,

Thanks for reaching out. Reinstalling the game should automatically install the updated version of the game as long as the file being used to reinstall was freshly downloaded from the Big Fish Games site. In case it helps, here are some steps for the described method for reinstalling:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

It the issue continues after that, please let our Technical Support Team know. Please feel free to PM one of our Moderators if there are any more questions about this situation. We'll help however we can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by Linny69 on Apr 27, 18 9:40 AM

I did a total uninstall/reinstall and it did the trick.

yayy! yes it has indeed been fixed. thanks!!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Apr 27, 18 6:05 PM
Hello Linny69,

I'm so glad to hear that uninstalling and reinstalling the game fixed the technical issue. Thank you for letting us know everything worked out and for your patience. Please have a lovely weekend.

bfgBeruna

Go to: