strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Re:Post any Secrets of the Dragon Wheel technical issues here only

[Post New]by strilf on Jul 13, 10 6:19 AM
Oddly enough I DON'T have the same problem as everyone else. Game downloaded and played just fine -until I got to the Hidden Object Scenes.

Background is oddly greyed out/striped and the only things really showing, are the items from the list, along with a few other tidbits.

Later in the demo, a hidden object scene (the one with the guard on the top floor) started flashing weirdly making the items really hard to see, not to mention giving me a headache.

When I'd fixed the dragon wheel as much as I could (3 inventory items put in place), the game shut down on me. I'm guessing it's because I've finished the demo available, fits with the time anyway, said one minute left on the game manager. However, I didn't get the menu screen, just some of the merry grey stripes again, and what looked like the menu screen, but much, much too large, so I couldn't click on anything. Clicking anyway, and that was when it took me to game manager with 1 minute left. So I'm not too sure what's up with that one.

I've had this problem with a few other games, latest one was Flux Family Secrets, The Rabbit Hole-thing, but then it was only the menu screen that had the stripes.

Hope someone is able to help.

/strilf, over and out.

edit: Am running WinXP, sp3 and plenty of space, RAM and cpu.

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 6:30:14 AM PST

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jul 13, 10 6:26 AM
Downloaded the game this morning and had the same problems as most everybody else. This is the first time I've had this sort of problem with a game from Big Fish of this magnitude. Hope it gets fixed.

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on Jul 13, 10 6:26 AM
I, too, am getting the error message. Looking forward to a fixed version so I can try it.

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Jul 13, 10 6:48 AM
I had the same problem but I went into the start and then programs and into the game. It said something about unlock so I am now downloading from there. Will see what happens. I did notice it had more KB and that usual 8 hr download time which turns out to be much less.
Have a feeling I will get the same results. Didn't we have this problem with Skymist or something.

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 6:49:10 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 13, 10 6:48 AM
strilf wrote:
Background is oddly greyed out/striped and the only things really showing, are the items from the list, along with a few other tidbits.

Hi striff
I have the same problem with this game- it is because the game is not programmed to work with our graphics card.
I had this problem with the game Mishap but the developer fixed ithe program to work with my graphics chiipsest.

My graphics card is ATI Radeon X1600 pro

Note: I also had same problems with Family Flux Menu - (also Rasputin and Relic Hunt)

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 6:55:03 AM PST

Fishwhiz
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Fishwhiz on Jul 13, 10 7:09 AM
Same problem here. Game won't start.

[Post New]by vwbeetle27 on Jul 13, 10 7:29 AM
I am having the same problem!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jul 13, 10 7:31 AM
Ditto, same error message. Too bad, looks like a good game

strilf
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by strilf on Jul 13, 10 7:36 AM
govegril wrote:Hi striff
I have the same problem with this game- it is because the game is not programmed to work with our graphics card.
I had this problem with the game Mishap but the developer fixed ithe program to work with my graphics chiipsest.

My graphics card is ATI Radeon X1600 pro

Note: I also had same problems with Family Flux Menu - (also Rasputin and Relic Hunt)

Yup, that must be it then... Mine is an ATI Radeon X1650. *sigh* Meh. I really liked the game so far, but half the fun kinda goes away when there's no background in the Hidden Object scenes...

edit: maybe I should find a new screen name -this one seems to give people problems

2nd edit: Ooooh, I morphed!
/strilf, def. over and out now

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 7:57:39 AM PST

crazy8club
Herring
Herring
357 Posts

[Post New]by crazy8club on Jul 13, 10 7:37 AM
I get the same message too. Looks like Charlie the Bad tuna is at it again. He should stay away from the Big Fish so we can play.

One good thing about this is they can't say it's our computers.

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 7:41:11 AM PST

[Post New]by kath2440 on Jul 13, 10 7:58 AM
same here :0((

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Jul 13, 10 8:06 AM
Same prob

[Post New]by imogenie1019 on Jul 13, 10 8:11 AM
getting the same message "initializeProject function could not be found"

Graelyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Graelyn on Jul 13, 10 8:14 AM
Had the same problem running vista. Followed the suggestion to open up file location and click on the application and run as administrator. It worked. However, game manager still thinks that I have 59 minutes of time remaining.

I feel that if there is a technical issue that causes problems, that when they finally fix it, they should give you another hour on the trial as you can use up a lot of your hour just trying to get the game to play.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Jul 13, 10 8:20 AM
Hey Fishies!

Just popping in to let everyone know that we are currently working across all departments to get the reported issues with this game resolved. We greatly apologize for the inconvenience and and thank everyone for patience as we work on this issue.

It seems that running as administrator has worked for some, but not for all.

If you're experiencing a display error, please contact Customer Support so they can find more information on which graphics cards are affected by this issue.

Once again we apologize for the inconvenience and we're working hard to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible

Thanks everyone!

-bfgZambezi

Edited on 07/13/2010 at 8:30:17 AM PST

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Jul 13, 10 8:36 AM
I have an older PC running XP. The game downloaded and started fine. Once opened it was jerky and no sound. I did an uninstall and am moving on.

Hope everyone gets their game to run for them.

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on Jul 13, 10 8:41 AM
Mine still wont install or play. I am really surprised at BF not testing these games better. This is the 2nd or 3th like this.
I should not have to do anything but download and play. Anything else is unacceptable! This is no way to run a business!

[Post New]by Paws4Awhile on Jul 13, 10 9:00 AM
Also unable to open game. Getting

"InitializeProject" function could not be found. This could indicate a bad or corrupt common directory for your game.

mamaduke63
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by mamaduke63 on Jul 13, 10 9:01 AM
Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved?

Mamaduke

[Post New]by shawski on Jul 13, 10 9:03 AM
I am also having the same problem - the game will not work.

Go to: