marbleann1
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Re:Post any Golden Trails: The New Western Rush technical issues here only

[Post New]by marbleann1 on Aug 2, 10 10:16 PM
Hi My game just goes blank and I have to restart the computer. Any solutions please.

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Aug 4, 10 3:51 PM
I completed the game, the extra part and the bonus. Then I went to unlimited mode and completed the first 12 locations. Starting with the 13th location, when I go to click on the last object, it boots me out of the game. It happens no matter what the last item is (i played the location 3 times,ending on a different item each time). I went to the next location and the same thing happened. I went to a 3rd location, and again I was booted out on the last item I clicked.

Any suggestions?

[Post New]by SCGirl on Aug 5, 10 3:09 PM
I too receive an error message after downloading that states "Exception: Unknown Error" when launching the game. I have tried every recommendation in the Help section, and even followed the instructions for the fix for the other error listed in this forum that some people are experiencing. NOTHING has worked.

Any suggestions????

usignuolo
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by usignuolo on Aug 9, 10 6:49 AM
Won't uninstall properly. Displays error message that it could not fully uninstall and that as a result elements are left on the disk. However the program title is removed from the Add/Remove Programs function in Win XP. So how do I find these left over files and uninstall them?

Misty36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Misty36 on Aug 25, 10 9:47 AM
Fox_118 wrote:I've found a shorter way to fix it, sorry for taking so much of your time trying to follow my long instructions.

Here it is:

1. Copy the following line into the clipboard:

cmd /C rmdir /S /Q "%APPDATA%\Awem\Golden Trails"

2. Press Win+R on your keyboard or click "Start" and choose the Run menu item.

3. In the window opened press right mouse button and select "Paste" in the menu opened

4. Press "Enter" button on your keyboard.

Have a good time with the game!

I am amazed!! Fox, you are a genius! How did you do that? I just now came here because I had the same error as everyone else here, but I saw your post and decided what the heck, tried it and it worked!! I don't know how in the world it did, but wow! How did you know how to do that?! You totally rock!!!!!

pd54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by pd54 on Sep 1, 10 10:10 PM
Your walk through sucks the margins are cut off & there are no directions in words like your other walks through. The saw mill picture says go through tent, where's the tent or the key to go downstairs. I have deleted and re installed 3 times now, nothing gets fixed.

[Post New]by enajme on Sep 2, 10 9:53 AM
meisie99 wrote:I completed the game, the extra part and the bonus. Then I went to unlimited mode and completed the first 12 locations. Starting with the 13th location, when I go to click on the last object, it boots me out of the game. It happens no matter what the last item is (i played the location 3 times,ending on a different item each time). I went to the next location and the same thing happened. I went to a 3rd location, and again I was booted out on the last item I clicked.

Any suggestions?

[Post New]by enajme on Sep 2, 10 9:56 AM
Having a problem with the Unlimited Mode, where, after getting access to all the locations, I get booted out of the game upon completing the final item on the first location. This is a drag. If I have to reinstall the game, it will start over! What is the solution?
Thanks.

[Post New]by silvergirl_quest on Sep 5, 10 10:00 PM
Fox_118 wrote:I've found a shorter way to fix it, sorry for taking so much of your time trying to follow my long instructions.

Here it is:

1. Copy the following line into the clipboard:

cmd /C rmdir /S /Q "%APPDATA%\Awem\Golden Trails"

2. Press Win+R on your keyboard or click "Start" and choose the Run menu item.

3. In the window opened press right mouse button and select "Paste" in the menu opened

4. Press "Enter" button on your keyboard.

Have a good time with the game!

Thank you so much, Fox 118! I came here because I got the same "Exception" error that so many others are reporting, even after closing and opening the Game Manager and uninstalling/reinstalling the game.

[Post New]by SherryHolt on Sep 7, 10 1:27 PM
np

Edited on 09/09/2010 at 11:06:12 AM PST

wlffdn1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wlffdn1 on Sep 9, 10 2:38 PM
I have completed the game many times and I'm not getting past a certain challenge level. It keeps telling me I have to complete the game first Which I have done. What can I do to continue to the next challenge?

Lost Game History

[Post New]by rpreator on Sep 13, 10 6:21 PM
Completed game with aprox. 65,000 points. When I came back to play the game today the game history is gone, the extended part is not unlocked and all I can do is start the game over from scratch.

Any suggestions appreciated

Richard

[Post New]by SilverTopaz on Feb 25, 11 10:57 AM
I think this is a technical issue-I have played the game in the first part, the adventure mode, for 2 hours, but the game will not give me the trophy for it. I did play the game on a different Mac before the one I have now and it gave me the trophy then. Could there be a problem with the newer version of the operating system? My current computer is running Mac OS X version 10.6.6.

[Post New]by revawave on Oct 20, 12 10:44 AM
I am having an issue with switching players. It will only play one player's profile and will not switch. Also, occasionally when I turn the game off, it does not shut down, it keeps the game open. Any help??

Go to: