Re:Post any Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets technical issues here only

[Post New]by hidden_gamer72 on Aug 4, 10 7:48 AM
Read the walkthrough for cemetary. Says to use chisel to pry up brick and pick up metal peg. Screen showed brick loose on steps, picked up with hand - no metal peg. Unable to get any further in the game without peg. Help.

Bylena
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Bylena on Aug 7, 10 9:52 AM
Three splash screens and no go. 60 minutes of game time remaining. Frustrating, just frustrating. Giving this game a boot to the trash can.

cdjackets
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by cdjackets on Aug 20, 10 12:40 PM
I am stuck in the hospital. I also have hourglasses that won't work even though I have the tools. I have some instructions that someone else prepared and it will now not let me follow that. I want my money back

Clay8720
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by Clay8720 on Aug 20, 10 8:58 PM
Well the game finally worked on my wifes laptop (demo) and sincve she enjoys it, she asked if I'd buy it for her. Which I did, but it absolutely continues to crash and burn with the 3 spash screen and then back to the game manager on my machine, even after purchasing it and retrying it. I also wiped out all references to the game everywhere on my compouter, hard drive directories, files, registry references, all drivers up to date, all software up to date, but it just refuse to go past the 3 splash screens, blacks out, then back to BF Games Manager.

I have no idea what else I could try or do to make this game operate on any of the other computers it has been tried/tested on and does this. All Windows XP systems.

Odd that it started working on my wifes laptop because the first time through it didn't work and I've re-installed it at least 5 times on my system with no success of getting in and playing the game.

And with so many having issues, there HAS to be a problem in the games CODING SCHEME that is causing this loop back to the BF Game Manager and asking if I want to play again.

I've worked in IT areas, so with all the folks having this same problem, IT IS NOT THEIR COMPUTER, IT IS a PROBLEM WITH THE GAME ITSELF!

Edited on 08/20/2010 at 8:58:47 PM PST

[Post New]by SpiritseekerX on Sep 4, 10 1:21 AM
I too cannot get past the developers screens to get to the menu! I keep getting kicked out to the loader. Is there a fix on the way?!

[Post New]by msfocused on Oct 4, 10 10:45 AM
I was able to install game but it flickers so much I can't play for more than 30 seconds before I quit. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. Can anyone help?

[Post New]by aussielv on Nov 6, 10 5:32 AM
I recently bought a Mac and went to Best Buy searching for a few games to play on it. I bought Vampire Secrets.

I am stuck at the hospital. (and I do mean stuck) I am in the hospital room and I know I have to put the envelop on the screen to get the last number for the combination. I have tried this time and time again. Every time I do it, the game stops. I check and it is non-responding and I have to do a forced quit. I have repeated this several times.

[Post New]by Frankies_Girl on Nov 7, 10 2:44 PM
hidden_gamer72 wrote:Read the walkthrough for cemetary. Says to use chisel to pry up brick and pick up metal peg. Screen showed brick loose on steps, picked up with hand - no metal peg. Unable to get any further in the game without peg. Help.

You're in the wrong spot - the lose brick is for something else in the cemetery.

Go back to the entrance of the cemetery and move your cursor over the right side of the gate - there is a stone there that will change the cursor to a magnifying glass. Use the chisel on the stone in the gate and you'll get the metal peg.

[Post New]by Frankies_Girl on Nov 7, 10 2:48 PM
aussielv wrote:I recently bought a Mac and went to Best Buy searching for a few games to play on it. I bought Vampire Secrets.

I am stuck at the hospital. (and I do mean stuck) I am in the hospital room and I know I have to put the envelop on the screen to get the last number for the combination. I have tried this time and time again. Every time I do it, the game stops. I check and it is non-responding and I have to do a forced quit. I have repeated this several times.

Exact same thing here. I put the envelope up to the x-ray screen, and it freezes and I have to restart or crashes the game completely. Tried it on a brand new MacBook Pro, and a 4 year old MacBook - does the same thing. I bought the game at Best Buy (but I've got quite a few games from here) and even tried returning the game to a different store and reloading it from scratch - and it does the SAME THING.

This is a very glitchy game, and they need to recall it or fix the darn thing!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 29, 10 1:19 PM
I'm peeved. I was unable to enter the code for the blood lab. I had the numbers, they were put together in the correct order and attached, but no matter what I did, I just got the message that the code must be in the hospital somewhere. I could not enter the numbers at all. I had to skip the puzzle. Annoying. Very annoying.

[Post New]by exhaledeeply on Dec 31, 10 10:17 AM
Can somebody please help me?

I just bought my game yesterday, and I love it!! But now I am at the level in the hospital room, and every time (every. time.) I click on the x ray view box, the entire game just crashes. Closes. No error windows, just "The application Hidden Mysteries Vampire Secrets quit unexpectedly. Click Relaunch..." and I do that, and it's a continuous loop of crashing. I have a MAC OS X.

Please, can somebody help?

Edited on 12/31/2010 at 10:18:28 AM PST

[Post New]by exhaledeeply on Dec 31, 10 10:20 AM
Frankies_Girl wrote:
aussielv wrote:I recently bought a Mac and went to Best Buy searching for a few games to play on it. I bought Vampire Secrets.

Exact same thing here. I put the envelope up to the x-ray screen, and it freezes and I have to restart or crashes the game completely. Tried it on a brand new MacBook Pro, and a 4 year old MacBook - does the same thing. I bought the game at Best Buy (but I've got quite a few games from here) and even tried returning the game to a different store and reloading it from scratch - and it does the SAME THING.

This is a very glitchy game, and they need to recall it or fix the darn thing!

Hey!! This is my exact problem!!! Every time I touch the x-ray view box, it just shuts down. Completely. And immediately. Was there never a solution to this???

[Post New]by slallypap on Feb 9, 11 8:53 PM

I have this exact problem as well. Any helpful hints as to how I can remedy this situation and get on with the game would be appreciated. Thanks.

MOM2LIAM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by MOM2LIAM on Mar 19, 11 5:54 AM
I'm stuck in a HOG in the castle coffin room. It lists "scythe" which I found but it is still listed. I found anoher one which I click on to no avail. Now I can't get the chess piece and continue the game. I've tried quitting the game and starting again, but it doesn't change anything in the game.

So, I had to restart the game. When I got to that HOG I clicked on the smaller scythe on the left of the screen AND did no leave it for the last item. The scythe stayed on the screen but was deleted from the list of items to find. Here's hoping it's the last bug I encounter.

Edited on 03/20/2011 at 6:25:55 AM PST

Menesa
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Menesa on Jun 2, 11 12:32 AM
strilf wrote:
Carole22759 wrote:
ChristmasEve wrote:I clicked play in the game manager and it went to the Gameville Entertainment screen and then to the Gunnar Games screen. My screen went black and then switched back to the 60 minutes, play again screen. I clicked play again and the same thing happened. Why is there so much trouble with the games lately?

I am also having this problem.

Exactly what happens to me. I'm running WinXP 32 bit, ATI Radeon X1650 graphics card and PLENTY of space on the harddrive. Everything is fully up to date after the latest Dr. Felix check earlier this week.

Well this is 9months later and Im still having probs with the game choosing not to play for me...like others I get the developers logo and BFGs and then its back to "play again" ...grrr ..... wonders to self "Are aliens taking control of our games?"

[Post New]by parrishjt on Jun 2, 11 2:40 AM
YES, I am having the same problem!
can't figure out what it is.
If anyone knows please let us know
and thank you!
Jen

brightone2
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by brightone2 on Jun 11, 11 10:13 AM
Same thing happened with me. Tried to play game and it wouild not load. Went back to Game Manager with no time loss.

[Post New]by cmgillispie on Jan 18, 12 7:45 PM
I am getting so tired of some games working and some NOT...error violations for some and others run just fine...I realize that $6.99 is not a huge price to pay, but we are paying for games to work properly, yes??? The same fix blog comes up every time and I have all the latest everything, so it does NOT help me...I don't ever have problems at any other game sites, so...hmmm...thinking BFG is the problem and not us...

[Post New]by Hiddenfanplayer on Jan 27, 13 8:43 AM
I'm stuck in the motel office. The game crushes every time I try to activate the hidden object scene. Help!

Edited on 01/27/2013 at 8:44:24 AM PST

Louise_Tx
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Louise_Tx on Feb 19, 13 4:06 PM
Playing the HD version on iPad (original).

Trying to play the HO at the Lighthouse. The list contained only the nesting dolls, but it was listed three times. The hint is pointing to items in the scene but I am not allowed to pick them up.

After looking at the walkthrough, I realized I've got a real problem here.

Go to: