Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nemo's Secret: The Nautilus

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 24, 10 4:24 AM
What an excellent and unique game. I keep following the items I find to see where they end up - nicely done. And I also love the mini games - different from the usual we always get nowadays.

All in all, great graphics and great (and unique) gameplay.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jul 24, 10 4:30 AM
This is a lighthearted, fun, fascinating game. It would be wonderful for a family because the graphics are clear, you can get a silhouette view of any object you are looking for, there is no timer, the hints are unlimited, and there is certainly nothing frightening about any part of it. The playing time is quite good and the mini-games cover a very broad spectrum. There is a skip option on the mini-games, but you probably will not need it often. The game is "brain-tickling", but positively not "brain-crunching". "Dive" in, relax, and prepare to enjoy yourself! I'm ready for the sequel!

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Jul 24, 10 5:40 AM
I like this a lot except for the L-O-N-G... wait between scenes, those gears with no background took up a lot of demo time. I'm putting this on the "maybe" list for now.

[Post New]by springsjulie on Jul 24, 10 5:47 AM
I didn't like this game as much as some others have. I felt like it was taking most of the 60-minute trial time WAITING FOR THE NEXT SCENE TO LOAD. Very slow in this respect. Also, there was no option to use a hint during the mini-games. You either solved it or skipped it. Skipping seemed to involve no penalties, so why bother trying to solve it? Also, there weren't really any instructions on what to do in the mini-games. Annoying. I don't want to know all the answers without trying, but a little guidance at times would've been nice.

The graphics were nice, the music not annoying. My biggest complaint is the wait time between scenes. Speed it up, bf!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jul 24, 10 7:46 AM

The walkthrough for Nemo's Secret the Nautilus can be found on the Big Fish Games Blog here:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/nemos-secret-the-nautilus-walkthrough/

Good Luck,

MargieB

JoJoLavin
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by JoJoLavin on Jul 24, 10 7:57 AM
After playing the demo for 24 minures, I bought the game. Like the humorous moments, and the clarity's great. Fun to play. THANKS BIG FISH!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 24, 10 9:40 AM
I have now played the game for a few hours (am always slow - enjoy it more this way), and am starting to feel like a mechanic.
I hadn't realised that I had to get through the whole of the Nautilus, fixing engines and whatnot. And the rooms don't look as lovely as I had thought they would - as they do in the movies. I don't know about everyone else, but I thought I just had to find the Nautilus, get on board, get the engine started, and off I go to wherever I am suppose to bring the sub, not cook a dinner and lay the table. LOL Although that was the most fun part so far.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Jul 24, 10 1:50 PM
Found this game to be delightful. The quirky replacing of items and "tidying up" as someone else said made for a good gaming experience. I found the log helpful when playing the mini-games. There were just enough hints in the log book to keep me going.

I am somewhat puzzled because most comments on the lag time between scenes said that the time was long. I did not find this to be the case. When the gears came up to change scenes they only appeared for a few seconds and the game proceeded right along. Could the developer have "fixed" this somehow?

All in all, I have spent a few hours with a great game. Try the demo and see if it is the right game for you. I give it

Mertie1
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Mertie1 on Jul 24, 10 2:37 PM
I'm 30 minutes into the demo and I do like it except for the loading time. Most annoying. Otherwise...a nice hog

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Jul 24, 10 4:55 PM
Just ok for me.Found the music annoying at times, and I wasn't too crazy about found objects moving to else where on the scene. Definitely not a buy for me, but I might try to work through it if it is featured on the gaming sight that gives members unlimited access to games. It will depend upon what else is available.

Airmid
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Airmid on Jul 24, 10 6:58 PM
Well, just finished the Nautilus.....enjoyed it thoroughly! Took me over four hours to play, which is great in itself....probably some of that due to watching where the items went after you found them. I haven't seen that before, and I apprediated the time spent by the developers finding apt places for the items to go.

The graphics were very good, bright, clear scenes, very detailed, but not cluttered or off putting. Having to find the 'secret' compartments/areas where some of the items were hidden made it more interesting. Having the option of seeing what an item looked like helped, while not solving it for you.

I personally found the mini games great. But, I was one of those who loved mechano when I was a kid (yes, I can still vaguely remember those days!). I did skip the shell one....just could not get that to work. As someone else pointed out, there is no help with the mini's so you do it or skip, which is a bit of a shame....I would have prefered a little bit of help to keep me going. There is the walk through though, which is great as always.

I'm wondering why this wasn't pegged as a CE....(I'm very glad it wasn't)....it seemed on par with some of the CE's I've purchased.

So, all told, a really enjoyable game, which used my brain cells just the right amount. Thanks

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Jul 24, 10 11:07 PM
I'm a relative newby to gaming and to Big Fish as well but I thoroughly enjoyed this one. LOVELY graphics and designs. Can I live in Grandfather's house, please? No, it wasn't terribly hard or challenging but sometimes I don't want that, I just want to spend time and enjoy! I purchase this one about halfway through the demo; I'm a sucker for Nemo and Jules Verne storylines. Did get a chuckle over the plotline of having the gutsy girl hero always "straightening up" but that does provide a reason for the object searches. Hey, maybe she's as OCD about stuff being out as I am.

Anyway, I look forward anxiously for the next installment in this; I want to meet Nemo! Please keep up the good work; this was really graphically beautiful. In fact, I played it twice through just to enjoy the graphics. And I agree that the music didn't annoy; I kept the volume up throughout play.

Rowan

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Jul 25, 10 3:06 AM
spiritdog51 wrote:Well I guess I am the first one here who was not impressed. I found it rather "simple", the mini games simple too. I played the hour, got to the pipes but didn't get to do them, so I don't know how far along that is.

Graphics were nice, music ok, but a no buy, no interest for me.

I liked the game - just finished it. I had to skip a lot of the mini games as the game progressed though. Strange games and little or no (mostly no) clear instructions about what you supposed to be doing. I hate having to skip them, but no matter what I tried lots of them were impossible to figure out!

Poppy

[Post New]by petitpoisson on Jul 25, 10 8:23 AM
Just finished the demo and liked it very much. New concepts, nice graphics.
I especially liked the way she lands on grand-pa's lawn and how she cast-off by simply cutting the mooring lines with an Axe. A sailor myself, I had to think about it before applying such crude way of unmooring a ship. Great fun!
On my wish list when its time to complete a card

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jul 25, 10 12:31 PM
Coronagold wrote:I'm the mayor of Bell CA, therefore I can afford this game.

If I were you (which would never happen in a million years because I'm not that evil) I would watch my back!

As for the game, I too was a betatester and really enjoyed the game. Even though it is relatively short, it is very well done - crisp graphics, interesting story line, and fun puzzles. The music needs to be turned down really low or off but other than that, a definite buy for me.

[Post New]by outawater on Jul 25, 10 6:35 PM
Not crazy about the game. It took forever to load each new segment and I wasn't crazy about the missing objects returning after I located them. I didn't even finish out my free game time. No worries, I still love my big fish games.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Jul 25, 10 8:29 PM
Well, it's pretty to look at and all. But it moves so slow! The music is soothing, and the story is okay enough. But because it moves as slow as it does, I won't be buying this one. I also found it distracting when you are looking for items, that they move to a "proper" location, which made me unsure of whether I had found a certain item when there were more then one to find...such as finding cannonballs, I clicked on one and a pop-up tells me I already found it...okay....

When the demo ended and I wasn't upset because it was over, that tells me a lot. If I had been...WOW!...gotta get this one then I would have bought it...but I was just like...eh...okay.

Those of you who enjoyed it....hope you enjoy it all the way through.

[Post New]by georgiapeach on Jul 25, 10 11:15 PM
HELP! I've done everything to try and play this game. When I get to the porch with the bird cage my screen turns black, I can hear the noise of birds and other things but no picture. Then the picture with flash on and to black. I have to ctrl, alt and delete to get out of the game. It looks like a great game. I updated everything I could find to update. I've installed and uninstalled about 4 times Please HELP me.

xt1no
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by xt1no on Jul 26, 10 6:29 AM
bright beautiful clear graphics, music not bad. but after playing about 30-40 minutes, i found this game pretty boring

[Post New]by patriciablake on Jul 26, 10 10:01 AM
This is a very clever game. It is different in that it does not eliminate objects, but instead moves them to another area.

It should make those who randomly click happy as well as those who stop and look for items.

Go to: