ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jessica - Mysterious Journey

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 27, 10 7:49 AM
first i would like to welcome all the new s to the pond!

second i would like to say that eastern europe is starting to join the gaming industry and if they are to put out good, or even great, games they need to put out what they have and see what we, the casual gamers of the world, think of what they've done... perhaps a little more constructive criticism is called for...
[by the way - these are associates of the same folks who brought us journalistic stories]

and lastly i would like to take the time to point out all the fun stuff that i saw going on with this game...

the fish - i think it charges and recharges your hints more quickly, esp. if you find all three in any given scene...

miss boobs and her "distraction" on the plane is only the first of many misogynist behaviors - right down to the professor's friend telling her to "take the map and come home with me" and "go cook for me!" but the behavior is two-sided as 'blondie' repeatedly disses the elderly - "some old grandpa," "old woman is not so bad." at least the persona of our heroine remains intact - she's portrayed as a young tart, willing to do whatever anyone asks her to do for the right price [info about this map]...

the whole thing is entirely deplorable! surely, the process of the game could have been used in a different method - finding an old map and going looking for treasure has been done again and again... this one may have a unique view, but it's one that i think most of us did not want to explore... so much for christian values, eh?

and the misnomers were just as incredibly horrid as the tiny hidden things... "according to function" - shape?? beakers that were actually test tubes and clocks which was actually a watch... the "box with handles" was the little desk organizer you keep your pencils in and such... in the church, the "target" is a chain... i know it's difficult to translate between russian and english, but some of things we're seeing in these games is downright terrible!

the game has one very strong PRO, however... the "skip" button on all the puzzles is enabled immediately!

galphimia
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by galphimia on Jul 27, 10 8:08 AM
There were times when it was easy to fill up the monthly punchcard. These times seem to be gone. If a good game comes out, it is a CE, which I would not buy, because I need no wallpapers etc or something of these sensless extras.
Since weeks nearly another game shot to hell. I am earnestly thinking about cancelling my membership.

suzy7
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by suzy7 on Jul 27, 10 8:08 AM
I TOTALLY AGREE ABSOLUTE LOAD OF RUBBISH, PUZZLES A 3 YEAR OLD COULD DO. READ REVIEWS BUT STILL HAD TO SEE FOR MYSELF NO ENTERTAINMENT WHATSOEVER IN THIS GAME, SOME OF THESE GAMES ARE VERY SHORT

[Post New]by grammiepoo2000 on Jul 27, 10 8:13 AM
My first comment ever about any game. Yuck. This was the worst game ever.

[Post New]by maggieannie43 on Jul 27, 10 8:29 AM
I will not download the trial version thanks for your comments it looks like another odd ball

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Jul 27, 10 8:33 AM
miss boobs and her "distraction" on the plane is only the first of many misogynist behaviors - right down to the professor's friend telling her to "take the map and come home with me" and "go cook for me!" but the behavior is two-sided as 'blondie' repeatedly disses the elderly - "some old grandpa," "old woman is not so bad."

Okay. I really don't need to hear anymore. I'm not even quite done with the truly awesome Echoes of the Past Collector's Edition, so I'm not going to bother with this tripe.

Edited on 08/06/2010 at 7:38:23 AM PST

[Post New]by gramsam11 on Jul 27, 10 8:39 AM
Waaay hard to see!!! shapes very deceiving. too dark and not very clear! definite NO!

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Jul 27, 10 8:45 AM
Looks like another one to pass without even trying....cheap month
Too bad though, isn't the summer a fine time to relax with a nice game before bed? No wait...all year round is a fine time....now where is my stack of DD's?

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jul 27, 10 8:57 AM
Are you kidding me! Played for 6 minutes and deleted. Hated the cursor and the annoying click. I prefer playing with the standard cursor. What's with the clapping? Ugh is right!!

gracehjs
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by gracehjs on Jul 27, 10 8:59 AM
The advantage of living on the West Coast of the USA is most people have already tried the game. Thanks everyone it saves me a lot of downloads.

Grace

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Jul 27, 10 8:59 AM
This game is:
Chronic
Rubbish
Awful
Painful

I think that sums it up nicely!!!!!

Lets hope for better soon???

VickyWY
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by VickyWY on Jul 27, 10 9:00 AM
Nothing about this one can be called fun or good.

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jul 27, 10 9:00 AM
meanbusiness on Jul 27, 10 12:24 AM
Well, another bomb I think. Maybe BF needs to go back to a tier system, with prices depending on the complexity and quality of the game, i.e.truly quality games of any genre 10.99 - 19.99, beginner etc. 6.99 and go from there. How can you compare MCF, Drawn, Flux, The Clockwork Man etc. and the unbelievable array of other exceptionally beautiful and challenging games to this offering? This is one of those discs that you get at Best Buy at 2 for 5.00. Possibly we need to have BF discontinue the new game a night and start offering quality games 2 to 3 times a week..... I am really getting disappointed in the recent offerings. At this rate, the billions of sales should probably drop eventually. Just my opinion.

jsj1231
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by jsj1231 on Jul 27, 10 9:04 AM
a no-buy for me--finishedgame with 2 minutes left on demo. had to take off my glasses to search for most items, finally left the glasses off.

idiotic mini puzzles, incomprehnsible plot line, tiny items in dark places. just not worth it.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Jul 27, 10 9:08 AM
Wow! This game obviously should have been a Collectors' Edition!

...and then I woke up.

[Post New]by justterrific45 on Jul 27, 10 9:31 AM
This game was awful. You can tell that the makers have a little trouble with English ("barbecue stick"? - turned out to be a barbecue fork).

The "put the picture together" and other mini games sections were awful; I'm glad you could skip right over them.

Definitely not a keeper.

SnowNSew
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by SnowNSew on Jul 27, 10 9:49 AM
Wow, such vitriol. Big Fish doesn't promise us a GREAT game everyday - just a game. If they gave us great games everyday, I would never get anything done . . . Of course, I am blessed because I like all sorts of games (though, I may need to reassess if that is a blessing or a curse . . . )

That being said, I did not install the demo for this one. I didn't even need to read the reviews . . . They had a "spot the difference" screen shot. I hate those. So, unless this got 5 stars by everyone, it was a no go for me.

But that is ok. I bought plenty of $3 games yesterday to keep me occupied for quite a while!

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by buddydusty on Jul 27, 10 9:55 AM
This is my first comment for the pond. This game was so bad in so many ways I had to respond. The font was often illegible. What is with that "find by function?" The combination of objects so small and the shape so undistinguished that it was impossible to find objects.

Sooooo bad. I was so frustrated trying to play I didn't finish the demo.

TxConnie
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by TxConnie on Jul 27, 10 9:55 AM
I think this is the third or fourth day in a row I have installed, play 15 minutes, and uninstalled. Painfully bad.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jul 27, 10 9:59 AM
Bad, bad, bad! Very dark also. Pass on this one.

Go to: