Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Mysterious Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jul 28, 10 5:09 PM
Reviews appear overwhelmingly negative.

Thanks reviewers...

I won't bother unless I read "We were all wrong! It's great!"

The "Comments and Reviews" is the first place I go after I DL the Demo. Can't thank you enough!

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Jul 28, 10 5:09 PM
Sorry but this game just plain sucked.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jul 28, 10 6:04 PM
I tried this game irregardless of the many opinions I read. I thought at first that the cons were right but the more I played I changed my mind. The farther into the game you went the harder it seems to get. I turned off the sounds but just lowered the music. I enjoyed it enough to buy it,

Thanks BigFish.

[Post New]by knickknackblue on Jul 28, 10 10:06 PM
It seemed so promising from the screenshots, and then....

Do you get the message ?

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Jul 29, 10 12:23 AM
I liked the storyline; a bit wordy but if you are a speed reader like me you can click to advance the dialoge. Good HOG, some tough to find objects but the puzzles were all pretty simple. One *huge* annoyance was the soundtrack; I finally turned off the music all together. This was a buy for me!

ambercat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ambercat on Jul 29, 10 3:21 AM
This isn't a bad game, it's just really easy. And it's a masterpiece compared to some of what's come out in the last week. Holy cannoli, I've actually been shocked at some of the stinkers lately - they were that bad.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Jul 29, 10 3:51 AM
jenny1983 wrote:Thank you goofyduck77 and puzzledone for your well-written and thought out posts. I personally enjoy games with a good story (and this one is a classic).

Thanks for the thorough review! I'm a reader and love a good story in a game.. looks like a buy for me next card I start!

Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Carolest on Jul 29, 10 4:49 AM
I did not like this game. There was way too much dialogue, the objects were way too obvious, it was too easy...no challenge at all. Pretty boring in my opinion. I won't be buying this game.

bashfuldi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by bashfuldi on Jul 29, 10 5:54 AM
Okay, that is what this game is.... okay. Same old game play, same old mini games. Just plain old game play. Boring, boring, boring. However, I did make it through the whole 60 minutes which is more than I can say for yesterday's hog. I understand that BFG is not the developer but one would think they would be a little more selective in what goes on their site. Come on, if I had a store that wanted people to buy things would I not taste wares first. Number one you are not the only store. I guess that I shop at places I know are going to give me quality wares. Enought said.

[Post New]by NESS14 on Jul 29, 10 5:54 AM
Boring, boring and I agree far too much talking, but then I could only get about 20 mins play before I was asked to find a pocket watch and all I could see was a butterfly, even hints highlighted the butterfly for the pocket watch. I was hoping that I might find it less boring before the end of the trial, no luck as I had to uninstall cos of no pocket watch. no one else have this problem.

cherzy13
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by cherzy13 on Jul 29, 10 8:09 AM
HORRIBLE, BORING, TERRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 29, 10 9:31 AM
The graphics of this game reminded me of yesterday's game - horrible. The sound effects were also horrible (music was OK though), and there was an awful lot of talk - I had to do more reading than playing the game.
Also, those 'hint' vials that were suppose to be hidden in each scene? Couldn't find the one in the second scene after the scene which held the first vial. Don't know if I would have found other vials (only played for 15 minutes). *sigh*
Sadly, this game is not for me.

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Jul 29, 10 10:14 AM
I have played about 25 minutes of the demo and will not be a buy for me.
Don't write reviews........just comments.
The items list wasn't easy for me to read. Don't know if it was the font, size, or background color.
The art work wasn't anything special.
For all of those who liked this game.......Enjoy!!!

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Jul 29, 10 10:24 AM
I like the game and will buy it. I found the use of objects of various sizes clever as they are hidden within the scene and this is, after all a HOG. When an object is enlarge to become say, part of a window, that's part of the fun. I dislike junkpile HOGs that have everything in plain site, a big cluttered scene. Yes there is lots of reading, but it does not take away from the game. The scenes are nicely drawn. There is a limit to the hints and they can be added to by finding the vial in the scene. I actually like this challenge for a change. Minigames are the usual suspects. Music did not get on my nerves. It has atmosphere which is a must for me.

[Post New]by sillymoose on Jul 29, 10 12:07 PM
Not a bad game but not great. Way too much dialogue..mini games are way too easy and the game itself is not much of a challenge. Music drove me nuts.

bonbowl
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by bonbowl on Jul 29, 10 12:40 PM
BigTfromAV wrote:If the game is 6 chapters long (as the mini games indicte) I was about half way through in about 35 minutes. It was kind of repetitive, not too hard and not worth my money.

Thats what I was wondering about how long it is.. I have played 33 chapters so far and have used up 50 min.. all you people have to do is a quick click thru the talking, I dont think I have read one thing.. have been finding the green bottles for the hints.. I think I will buy for hubby.. It will keep him busy while I am at work.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jul 29, 10 2:22 PM
i'm not liking this one ....i found it to be boring and utterly predictable. Waaaay too much "conversation" and the screen scenes just cloudy with an attempt at fogginess. overall it was rather annoying. i played two chapters but it wasn't really fun.........sorry......

nell50
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nell50 on Jul 29, 10 3:13 PM
A game for 5 years and under, I think - THE most boring game I've played so far on BFG

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Jul 29, 10 3:28 PM
horrible game!!!alotta diaglog reading-music drove me insane(turned it off-which is a rarity 4-me) right up there wit immortal lovers-bad.......

Edited on 07/29/2010 at 3:29:24 PM PST

[Post New]by skippy_tramp on Jul 29, 10 3:38 PM
not my game too much yakit, yakit, some hidden objects to small if you use all of your hint there is no place to go This is not a game for me

Edited on 07/29/2010 at 3:39:40 PM PST

Go to: