melx5
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

Re:Post any Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy technical issues here only

[Post New]by melx5 on Aug 23, 10 8:17 PM
I see the magnifying glass on the dentist's chair and try clicking all over where it shows, but it's not zooming in. Have been looking all over for something else to do and where to find the 2nd emblem for the study door. So then I finally went to the walkthrough and saw I should have gotten it at the chair. Am afraid I goofed this up by putting the wire in the chair and then not pressing the red button (because I wasn't sure what to make of the arrows and if something else was needed).

Still is bizarre that the magnifying glass shows up and it doesn't zoom in at all.

Edited on 08/23/2010 at 8:29:24 PM PST

melx5
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by melx5 on Aug 24, 10 10:43 AM
started a second game and got all the way through and finished it. still going back to the first profile I can't get it to zoom into the chair or show me where the sun piece is above it. Happened so fast in the second game - have a feeling it was in one of the lights above, but those don't register anything clicking on them. the only thing to show anything has happened is that the chair is reclined. the sun piece is definitely not in the inventory anywhere and there seems no way to get it.

also started having several errors in the second game. after assembling mirrors, the sound cut out and menu disappeared. tapes still played with sound, but no music or sound effects. don't remember about voices besides tapes.

jlp71
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by jlp71 on Aug 24, 10 6:49 PM
Went to tape the power cord for the tv and the tape was missing from my inventory. I noticed someone else was missing something from their inventory as well. Should we download the game again for the fix?

[Post New]by jozanotti81 on Sep 4, 10 10:38 PM
It's not just this game that I am having this problem with but couldn't find where in the forums to post the problem..

With quite a number of my BigFish games I have discovered lately that they are quitting as soon as I start them up. It is only the games that are already in full screen mode. They have previously been working fine. I can sometimes get as far as the main menu before it quits, but I can never get far enough to get them out of full screen mode. How do I fix this???

[Post New]by AugustusPoirot on Sep 10, 10 11:25 AM
I am in the basement of the asylum. I need a flower from the clump of flowers in the first room. But when I try to take a flower, no hand appears. There is also a place that looks like a flower has been pulled by the roots from the dirt. But there is no flower in my inventory. I have checked the Walkthrough, and it says the flower is supposed to be there. I cannot continue further without this flower. What can I do other than starting over with a different profile - which I REALLY don't want to do?

ETA: I posted this question on a better forum and got an answer that solved my problem. Just in case someone else runs into this problem. Exit the game. Re-enter, go to the third room, put the gold tooth, the sulfur, and the red cloth in the mortar bowl, hit "hint" button, go to the second room, hit "hint" button, go to the first room to the flowers. You should now be able to "pick" one of the orange flowers to use in your potion. If you can't, hit "hint" and try again.

Edited on 09/10/2010 at 4:38:26 PM PST

ropik
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by ropik on Oct 29, 10 11:31 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I have a black screen with just the tool bar items at the bottom showing up. And nothing is happening. I input my name, and it went to this black screen. At the bottom are the notebook, blank inventory, and hint button...what is up with this? I am on a new laptop with all the bells and whistles and this is the first game I have had any problems with...and I have been eagerly awaiting this one. Anyone else have this problem?

I have. Did you ever figure out why?

ropik
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by ropik on Oct 29, 10 11:36 PM
Hope I'm in the right place. The trial game worked fine for me and then I purchased the game..played for 15-20 more. When I came back to the game it had me sign in and I lost all the progress of my previous game. I started from square one and the got the black screen with just the inventory bar at the bottom. I'm going to attempt uninstalling and reinstalling the game...but I am frustrated at losing my progress TWICE!

Pashta
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Pashta on Dec 5, 10 9:55 AM
melx5 wrote:I see the magnifying glass on the dentist's chair and try clicking all over where it shows, but it's not zooming in. Have been looking all over for something else to do and where to find the 2nd emblem for the study door. So then I finally went to the walkthrough and saw I should have gotten it at the chair. Am afraid I goofed this up by putting the wire in the chair and then not pressing the red button (because I wasn't sure what to make of the arrows and if something else was needed).

Still is bizarre that the magnifying glass shows up and it doesn't zoom in at all.

I have the SAME problem!! I am so upset.. I didn't buy the game, but I am using coins on another gaming site for this one and I wasted, hoping a computer restart would fix it. It didn't.

Edit: I made a new profile and went through the whole game again and it worked that way, for anyone else who has the problem.

Edited on 12/05/2010 at 12:13:51 PM PST

crofootski
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by crofootski on Jan 13, 11 7:23 PM
jozanotti81 wrote:It's not just this game that I am having this problem with but couldn't find where in the forums to post the problem..

With quite a number of my BigFish games I have discovered lately that they are quitting as soon as I start them up. It is only the games that are already in full screen mode. They have previously been working fine. I can sometimes get as far as the main menu before it quits, but I can never get far enough to get them out of full screen mode. How do I fix this???

I found that, if I have a Firefox session open, lots of my BF games will start, but will minimize right away. If you have Firefox running, try closing that, wait a few seconds for Firefox to get completely gone (even after the window closes), and then select the game. It should stay up then.

[Post New]by frankiecat on Feb 19, 11 6:22 PM
The ladder in Nightfall Mysteries: Asylum Conspiracy will not lean against the elevator. Mac Game...help?

[Post New]by monicamta on May 25, 11 9:18 AM
I have the exact same problem!!!! and I must definitely don't want to start over! I'm almost through! help?

melx5 wrote:I see the magnifying glass on the dentist's chair and try clicking all over where it shows, but it's not zooming in. Have been looking all over for something else to do and where to find the 2nd emblem for the study door. So then I finally went to the walkthrough and saw I should have gotten it at the chair. Am afraid I goofed this up by putting the wire in the chair and then not pressing the red button (because I wasn't sure what to make of the arrows and if something else was needed).

[Post New]by nhill1119 on Jul 24, 11 6:25 PM
I got the black screen when I started the game too. I'm trying to reinstall it and see if that fixes it. Thank goodness I only paid $2.99 if it doesn't work.

[Post New]by Sadfish on Sep 18, 11 10:45 AM
Hi! I just got Asylum Conspiracy as a gift from my bf. Been playing the past hour or so and got to the living quarters - now I can't get any further. I click on the door to the recreation room and my screen just turn darker. I click to go back to the corridor and it goes all black. I've tried to let it stand like that for a while to see if it would just take alot longer time than normally. Nothing happens and I just end up having to quit game. I've done this about 5 times so far. I really want to continue playing, I hope someone can help me! I'm playing on a Mac OS X 10.6.7

Thanks in advance!

dorotha
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by dorotha on Sep 20, 11 11:08 PM
Coronagold wrote:The game has been working fine but now I'm in the graveyard and the gravestone holder won't accept the oval mirror. I completed the circuit puzzle just earlier and all the other mirrors click into place except the oval one. According to the walkthrough it should work. Wha happen?
I have all the mirrors and put them in place. I dug the grave now it tells me to find five mirrors.

[Post New]by kayteelouise on Dec 5, 11 1:44 PM
I cant see anyone else having this problem but Im trying to use the cleaning solution in the beaker in the pharmacy but it wont let me put either that or the stone in there. it makes the screen dark (as if the lights have gone out) and I am stuck there because I cannot go any further in the game

[Post New]by psloan65 on Jan 13, 12 10:03 PM
I purchased the game and tried to play it, but all I got was a white screen and sound. I switched my computer resolution to 1024x768 and finally got the start screen w/ sound, but when I clicked on Play all that came up was an empty notebook with nowhere to go from there. My son is playing this game on his computer just fine, but for some reason it won't load completely on mine........highly disappointed at this moment

[Post New]by valslp on Jan 19, 12 3:54 PM
Do I have to play this game in order b/c I found the five mirrors, placed them in the correct place and located the item in the grave...however it keeps telling me I have to find the mirror in my list of things to do...and I am at a complete stand still in the game. Please let me know.

a_m_k
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by a_m_k on Mar 18, 12 11:55 AM
Sadfish wrote:Hi! I just got Asylum Conspiracy as a gift from my bf. Been playing the past hour or so and got to the living quarters - now I can't get any further. I click on the door to the recreation room and my screen just turn darker. I click to go back to the corridor and it goes all black. I've tried to let it stand like that for a while to see if it would just take alot longer time than normally. Nothing happens and I just end up having to quit game. I've done this about 5 times so far. I really want to continue playing, I hope someone can help me! I'm playing on a Mac OS X 10.6.7

Thanks in advance!

hi, im having the same problem. please help. what do i do?

[Post New]by fatal_siren on Apr 1, 12 8:09 AM
a_m_k wrote:
Sadfish wrote:Hi! I just got Asylum Conspiracy as a gift from my bf. Been playing the past hour or so and got to the living quarters - now I can't get any further. I click on the door to the recreation room and my screen just turn darker. I click to go back to the corridor and it goes all black. I've tried to let it stand like that for a while to see if it would just take alot longer time than normally. Nothing happens and I just end up having to quit game. I've done this about 5 times so far. I really want to continue playing, I hope someone can help me! I'm playing on a Mac OS X 10.6.7

Thanks in advance!

Exact same problem, accept i'm using an actual CD that my dad bought me, have had 3 cd games that keep glitching like this on mac......why?

[Post New]by maiteth123 on Jul 31, 12 1:17 PM
fatal_siren wrote:
a_m_k wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Exact same problem, accept i'm using an actual CD that my dad bought me, have had 3 cd games that keep glitching like this on mac......why?

I'm having the same problem. Running directly from the games CD / or without. Mac OS 10.5.8

Go to: