Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Stratus_Mom on Jul 31, 10 12:21 PM
Spoiler Alert:

I love the game and all the graphics the only problem I have with the game is that it takes too long to change scenes. I would definitly purchase this game .

frostledge
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by frostledge on Jul 31, 10 12:25 PM
I can't say that I'm impressed to buy it. Definitely not the CE and maybe/maybe not the 6.99 version. Might wait until time has passed and they off it for 2.99 or give me a freebie as I don't feel like wasting my credits on this. Although I'd like to think it's as sinister as RTR or Dire Grove, I'm not getting drawn in like I did with those. The demo ended, I still had 23 minutes left and hadn't come to a conclusion about how I felt about it. I wandered around aimlessly and had items in my inventory that I couldn't use so my guess is they are further into the game. Haven't played some of the new ones mentioned here yet as I was away and needed to play catch up on stuff so I hope to get to them soon. I guess I am just getting really tired of a game seeming like it's going to be a good one and feeling let down like with the fiasco H.O.G. The Wizard of Oz that just came out recently. I would rather see games come out less frequently and be of a higher quality ratio than games coming out daily that seem such a disappointment. Dunno folks, the jury is still out on this one.......

onlybec
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by onlybec on Jul 31, 10 12:58 PM
liked the game but will wait for regular version. Great game bf after those stinkers you gave two good games in a row...keep it up.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 31, 10 1:01 PM
Cyndo123 wrote:
Valdy wrote:SPOILER ALERT

"Some additionals:"

I forgot to ask: I, quite unexpectedly, saved the girl before I was finished with certain tasks. I still had a key, hadn't fixed the basement wires and not gotten the pulley, and still only had one ballerina and not been able to open the music box yet.

Now, since I have already saved the girl, does that mean I will be transferred back to the cemetary without finishing the other tasks or will I be able to continue in the house and finish my tasks?

Thats just where the demo ends. You have a long way to go (if you purchase) to save the girl... Its well worth it!

Yes, that's right. That's where the demo ended, with the girl running away. I just wondered if, with having rescued the girl, this particular chapter also finishes and I get back to the cemetary for the next chapter without being able to finish the rest of the tasks.

Thanks for replying.

Edited on 07/31/2010 at 1:03:58 PM PST

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Jul 31, 10 1:12 PM
Bit the bullet and bought the game in the hopes my dh will play it with me. It seems to be a really good game although I've only played about 10 minutes. I agree with all the other comments. I'm excited to continue!

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Jul 31, 10 1:26 PM
I played the demo last night and really liked the game. I'll wait for the regular version to buy it, though...

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Jul 31, 10 1:33 PM
I bought the game straight away, well worth it! Really enjoyed playing this, and the bonus game was just as good. Took me most of today to play it all, so IMO money well spent!

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on Jul 31, 10 1:59 PM
I liked the atmosphere and the attention to detail and will buy, but not the CE as I have way too many on my Aug. to buy list to spend the extra money. Voice over acting is good, no timer, adventure HOG. Creepy and enjoyingly so. HOG scenes are well drawn and compelling to look at, but are cluttered. Objects are appropriate for the scene. Hints refill quickly in the regular mode. Tutortial available. The puzzles are thought provoking, but not to the point of frustration, skippable as well. Hints are really helpful.

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Jul 31, 10 2:32 PM
Totally agree with ClassicalJazz. If the CEs had a couple of more hours of play, I would definitely buy them. Bought one, and was disappointed at spending $13 more and then not really getting anything for my money. Liked these reviews; will play the demo and see then. BTW, I am playing the demo of Asylum Conspiracy based on the reviews and am really disappointed - the HOs are easy to find and the Hint button fills so quickly that it's too tempting to just use it to progress. Makes me wonder - who is writing the reviews?

Micral
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Micral on Jul 31, 10 2:45 PM
Finally finished! I'm a total addict for these kind of games, although never finish in the times others seem to manage?? Loved the graphics, the **** scenes, and the games were far more varied than usual. Bought it after the demo, against my better judgement (based on previous CE's). For once, this is definitely worth the money!!!! The bonus chapter is as long as the main chapters, rather than a shortened tame version (well it took me just as long ). How many of us bother with the wallpapers, music and other 'extras'? If more CE's gave us a genuine quality extra chapter we'd probably go for them more often - I know I would. Well, at least shortly after payday.......................

picobird
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by picobird on Jul 31, 10 3:08 PM
I totally agree with you classicaljazz. I'm not going to get sucked into another CE because of wallpapers, music, etc. Give me a couple of hours of extra game play and I'd consider.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 31, 10 3:45 PM
Loved the game. Have only started the extra bit which seems to be pretty long, great, I'll see that tomorrow as I do have to sleep at least 3 to 4 hours ! It is very long to go from on scene to the other. I got really mad with the safe, don't trust the walkthrough....it's wrong. Hardly used any hint, but I believe it refills in 60 seconds (so I was told in the beginning). Mini games are fine, graphics beautiful, the music is of the creepy type but I turned it off, it really drove me mad during the safe session. Got a little tired of "it might be handy in the future", it's obvious that if you find an object you will use it and not keep it as a present for next Christmas. I did use the walkthrough (great job it's included in the game and that you don't have to exit to get it) as sometimes the purpose was not very clear. Great game, don't regret my money.

starfish40
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by starfish40 on Jul 31, 10 4:51 PM
asolutely LOVED this game. Very reminiscent of Return to Ravenhurst, to me. I liked the challenge of having to think a bit, all the while knowing the guide was just a click away. I'll admit, I did refer to it a couple of times, but only after spinning my wheels a while. The hint button helps you out in an area also, not just for the hidden objects.
Would highly recommend it. There are 3 separate scenarios to play, not including the bonus, which makes it four.

[Post New]by fish_sticks on Jul 31, 10 6:15 PM
Great game, but is the first and last "collector's edition" I will purchase. The extra 20 mins play time was definitely NOT worth the sticker price.

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Redemption demetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by LadyDream on Jul 31, 10 7:19 PM
The demo didn't grab me. It was Ok, but as others have said, I had a problem looking for irrelevant things in a burning house with a little girl upstairs. What I liked best was the raven in the play in! My demo got cut short by about 15 minutes, so I'll probably download and play it again before I decide if it's out there on other sites. The little bit I did seemed depressing, but I don't consider it a fair trial. REALLY loved that raven though!

jma0909
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by jma0909 on Jul 31, 10 8:01 PM
Great Game! I only played about 20 min. want to save it until I buy it tomorrow so I wont be cut off. Graphics are great and so far, the story line is very interesting, which is what decides a game for me. I always read the whole story, even in demo, to see if it is interesting. Thanks BF!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jul 31, 10 8:06 PM
all i can say is that tomorrow cannot come soon enough!

i really liked what i saw in the demo - despite being kicked out with a 'thanks for playing' note... but the music and graphics were both very appealing and the play seemed to be a little more challenging than i've seen in some recent games... now, i'm very glad that i didn't hitch up the wagon to echoes, because i would be really kicking myself for spending the money when i can have this...

oh, august, hurry up! i'm counting the hours...

[Post New]by beachldy on Jul 31, 10 8:49 PM
Awesome....It's more than just a HOG game....also a hunt-and-find mystery, which adds intrigue. The length of the game is great, it's not overly complicated, and it all makes sense and ties in well. One of the best out there!

shariann
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by shariann on Jul 31, 10 9:20 PM
Good demo will wait for 6.99 bought one CE from Big Fish very complicated with the walkthrough

momshere
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by momshere on Jul 31, 10 10:16 PM
Worth every penny! Truthfully, it was like having 4 games in one: 3 "novellas" and the bonus was as good as the rest, maybe better.

Music was fine - atmospheric without disturbing game play. Characters were NON INTRUSIVE! YAY!! Absolutely no pop-up dialogue with characters having a way unimportant conversation. The puzzles were mid-difficulty - I was tempted to skip a couple of times, but held myself back and managed to get them all on my own, which is very very satisfying. Did not have to go to the strategy guide for help, again very satisfying. The HOG part of the game was occasionally a little dark, but I did not seem to be penalized for hints. The recharge was quick enough to satisfy my impatience, but not so quick that it felt like I had unlimited hints.

I will say I was very impressed with the historical realism, if not accuracy, of the HOG game bits. Sometimes, when I play a HOG that is supposed to be set in a historical era, there are random modern objects in the HOG list - not so with this game. If the list includes a "car" or "umbrella" for instance, the car or umbrella could pretty much be from the era you are supposed to be playing in. And there are no thumb drives or televisions showing up in 1845 or whatever the time line was.

This game kept me happily busy for hours today. Really nice. Multiple thumbs up.

Go to: