Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here o

[Post New]by wepulls2006 on Aug 1, 10 1:28 PM
IamJbar wrote:Got all the way into the attic, repaired the winch motor, however, did not have the power cord at the time, left the scene to go get it. Now I am unable to get the screen to repair the motor and add the power cord.I tried to use the winch anyway, and get " I need to repair the winch motor first". Have tried to exit and restart the game, nothing works.I REALLY don't want to start the game over form the beginning. Any one know what I need to do?
I have the exact same issue. Please HELP! I clicked on the trash can and got rid of my original version. Reloaded the game, took about 25 minutes thinking I'd just start over but, no, when the game was loaded the second time, it started me right back in the attic with the wire and blue tape in my inventory-and no way to get the winch motor to open back up. PLEASE HELP BIG FISH TECH SUPPORT!

Edited on 08/02/2010 at 12:01:20 PM PST

Dee_H
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Dee_H on Aug 1, 10 2:13 PM
I have Vista 64 op system (not sure if that matters, but wanted to mention it), and each time I exit game, it completely closes the BFG game manager. Not a huge deal, game plays great, no problems there, just happened again for the third time so I thought I would advise. FYI, I have the game manager in 'run as administrator' mode and confirmed that I have the most updated game manager too.

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by ParisStarr on Aug 1, 10 2:30 PM
This is the 2nd CE that wouldn't work at all after I bought it. I contacted support for the 1st one, did everything they, the help pages and the forums told me to do. I never got a refund because I was dumb and too embarrassed to ask. I did get to play it, legally, from another game site. So to save myself another migraine, how do I go about asking for a refund?

starkops
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by starkops on Aug 1, 10 2:36 PM
Yes! i noticed I can play games on other sites perfectly fine and BFG's the only one giving problems.

nene093035
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by nene093035 on Aug 1, 10 2:57 PM
When I try to download I get windows vista 8 and closes the game. I haven't had a chance to play the trial version. Anyone have any ideas.

[Post New]by Tales70 on Aug 1, 10 4:59 PM
Have definitely had more problems getting games to run lately. This one seems fabulous, but shuts down unexpectedly with Windows error. When I restart the game, it says my file is corrupt. Whether I start with a new file or just continue the one I was using, it starts over at the beginning. Have started over at least 5 times and, though I do get a bit further each time, getting completely fed up. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still did it.

If anyone has a solution, PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks!!

[Post New]by hadrian2 on Aug 1, 10 5:07 PM
In the third novella, I have completed all tasks through cutting the branch into smaller pieces. However, I cannot pick up the stick; and when I click on hint (with the close-up of the cut pieces, the message appears that there is nothing to do.

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by PW4Fun on Aug 1, 10 8:18 PM
Hi! I've had several issues playing this game. I've been able to find info on cheat sites and other locations to get to the next step in the game; however, I'm now completely stuck in the 3rd novella. I am at the scene where you put together the pick axe. I've got one huge problem though - I used the pliers and retrieved the nail in an earlier scene; however, they've disappeared from my inventory so I can't complete the scene to complete the pickaxe. I'm really regretting having bought this game. I think it was very poorly designed!

Edited on 08/01/2010 at 8:19:41 PM PST

[Post New]by lifer667 on Aug 1, 10 8:28 PM
im stuck on the safe and have done what everyone is saying to do and still the safe won't open any ideas. have started the game over 3 times now

sandrahollie
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by sandrahollie on Aug 1, 10 8:56 PM
Two glitches in the game have made me start over so far. First the winch in the attic, then a missing envelope in the 2nd novella. Great game but I'm tired of starting all over again. Will this be going on throughout the game? Need to get all of this fixed before you release it for twenty dollars.

wini1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by wini1 on Aug 1, 10 9:35 PM
I am also having trouble getting away from the house with the little girl ...the arrow won't show up to let me go somewhere else. Also sure is slow when you want to go somewhere else. Good game ...hope they get all the little glitches fixed before the regular game comes out. Not buying this one with all the glitches going on.

[Post New]by octoberzombie on Aug 1, 10 11:59 PM
I've downloaded this game 6 different times and it will never save the game. This is happening more and more often. Have not had problems with any other sites, just BFG. Come on guys, this is my favorite place to get games, you are really dropping the ball lately.

Re:SAFE SOLUTION

[Post New]by jennyoliver1 on Aug 2, 10 12:57 AM
SAFE SOLUTION:

The walkthrough is WAY OFF - first, it's counter clockwise, clockwise, counter clockwise, clockwise. In addition to that you have to take your finger off the mouse button on each number, NOT go straight through the combination like I am sure most of us are doing. It took me about 45 minutes to figure it out, but I FINALLY got it! Do this and the safe will open!

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by genlin5 on Aug 2, 10 1:06 AM
IamJbar wrote:Got all the way into the attic, repaired the winch motor, however, did not have the power cord at the time, left the scene to go get it. Now I am unable to get the screen to repair the motor and add the power cord.I tried to use the winch anyway, and get " I need to repair the winch motor first". Have tried to exit and restart the game, nothing works.I REALLY don't want to start the game over form the beginning. Any one know what I need to do?

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by genlin5 on Aug 2, 10 1:11 AM
genlin5 wrote:

you have to take the fan belt off the motor in the basement that powers the dumb waiter and place it on the winch in order to fix the motor

whatleyk
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by whatleyk on Aug 2, 10 6:47 AM
Tales70 wrote:Have definitely had more problems getting games to run lately. This one seems fabulous, but shuts down unexpectedly with Windows error. When I restart the game, it says my file is corrupt. Whether I start with a new file or just continue the one I was using, it starts over at the beginning. Have started over at least 5 times and, though I do get a bit further each time, getting completely fed up. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still did it.

If anyone has a solution, PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks!!

Me too!!! First time was after I purchased & activated the game. Fortunately I only had to play through part of the first level again. However, the 2nd time I had to reset my profile, I was in Novella 3! I do NOT want to play all the way through again. What's wrong with this? I have never had this problem with another BFG game before.

[Post New]by NodrogtheMighty on Aug 2, 10 7:56 AM
I too am having a problem with the winch motor. I cannot get back to it to add the electrical wire. Any updates?

[Post New]by Fionaaaa on Aug 2, 10 12:11 PM
I am getting a 'Hardware Parity Crash' when I play this and one or 2 other games from this site.

I am running Windows 7, (wish I never upgraded). All my drivers are updated, any help would be great, I do not think its a hardware issue because it does not happen at any other tiime.

Thanx

Edited on 08/02/2010 at 12:14:09 PM PST

[Post New]by CaligirlLu on Aug 2, 10 4:27 PM
Purchased the game and go through Novella's 1 and 2 and had just started Novella 3 when the game shut down saying their was an error. I logged back on only to have to start from the very beginning of the game again. It said the save mode had been corrupted! Really? Grrr....not happy. When I pay $20 for a game, there shouldn't be any glitches in it. And why, at the very least, it didn't just save from the last time I logged off is beyond me. I don't mind doing a few things over again, but the entire game from the beginning?

Re:Post any Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by scaredy_1999 on Aug 2, 10 4:29 PM
I have the same exact problem and would like any help I can get- thank you. Is this a glitch that needs to be addressed by the BFG team?

sno13wy wrote:

Go to: