jammer333
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Post any Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal technical issues here only

[Post New]by jammer333 on Aug 28, 10 7:39 AM
Armadillo shell....I know where the last one is but can not pick it up??? tried the other cursor and still won't grab it??? please help as I can't go into the town without it...

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Aug 30, 10 2:43 PM
Me too for crash-to-desktop when trying to move on just after collecting last tarot card at King Rat's -- no warning -- just sudden CTD.

My game progress did not save.

So disappointing as I was having a blast... brilliant game: a zany, clever story, hilarious characters & dialogues, perfectly balanced per challenge (adventure mode), tops for production values, artwork, music, voice acting, etc.

Not hopeful but I'll give it another go before contacting CS...
(Win7U, i-7 920, BFG 280 (nvidia), 12 gigs ram, LCD, Razer mouse, all drivers yada yada up to date AFAIK.)

[Post New]by birdiegirl44 on Sep 1, 10 4:45 PM
same here on the auto save not working. played the demo straight thru got logged out . bought the game and started over. this time i exited and saved but today. i have to start at the beginning. i dont like doing that. will continue to watch the forums and hope for a fix for this.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 1, 10 4:54 PM
Hi Fishies,

If you're having save issues, please check to see that you're running the game as Administrator. Here is a great help article to help you along:

Save Errors

If the game will still not save for you, it would be very helpful if you could write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report. This is a report that gives the rep an overview of all of the game related software on your computer. It won't make any changes to your system or gather any sensitive information; it will only provide information related to helping your game work properly. It will also determine if any updates, repairs or adjustments are needed and the tech rep can walk you through them.

First, download Dr. Felix, our Big Fish Games diagnostic tool, from here.

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.
2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.
3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.
4. When Dr. Felix is finished, click the ‘Next’ button.
5. A yellow .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.
6. Attach this file to the ticket that you write in with. For more help, refer to this Attach File to Customer Support Ticket article

To contact Tech Support, click on the green envelope to the right, then click "Contact Us" on the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the form, click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

Receiving an error message that the file is too big? Try sending just the running processes, running services and the dxdiag. These are the most useful parts of the report that will help our rep.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by mike_farren on Sep 3, 10 12:17 PM
Well, my issue, where the computer shuts down completely at random intervals, turned out to be overheating. Dust had completely filled the fan, and it's been hot around here lately. Result - total shut down at random times when the computer was being heavily used. I should have been able to figure this out before, but didn't. Anyhow, no technical issues here, these aren't the glitches you're looking for...
Time to get moving on replacing this laptop, I guess.

[Post New]by TwinBottles on Sep 3, 10 1:02 PM
mike_farren wrote: I should have been able to figure this out before, but didn't. Anyhow, no technical issues here, these aren't the glitches you're looking for...
Time to get moving on replacing this laptop, I guess.

Quoting Star Wars I see :-)

Anyway, glad to hear that this was an unrelated matter. It would be pretty wicked if it was related

Konstanty

[Post New]by DeltaEchoSierra on Sep 20, 10 6:04 PM
The issue I am experiencing is that once I get about halfway through the game, it refuses to start anymore. I can click the icon on the desktop to start, but then I simply get a bunch of black boxes that flash, then it just minimizes to the task manager, and clicking on the game icon in the task manager does nothing. This has happened three times so far, each time I can get a little farther in the game, and then after closing it, the next day it simply will not bring the screen up to let me play.

norry02
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by norry02 on Sep 23, 10 7:19 PM
Just finished the game..It was so much fun. Looking forward to B2 (hope there will be one). I only had one tech issue with the game. In Chapter 10 when Verena encased B in the ice crystals the game wouldn't let me continue & the Demon was saying sorry I can't help you here. There was nothing on the menu for me to get to break the spell. I tried exiting & re-entering bu nothing. So I just went to the menu and restarted the level. I got through the entire level & completed the game with no more issues.

FYI, I'm running Win 7 with nvidia. Also I didn't experience any of the save issues that some have experienced. I played this game on and off over a 3 day period. Exiting several times during different levels. It saved everytime and took me right back to the same spot in the level that I'd left.

[Post New]by BarbaraSobreira on Oct 2, 10 3:34 AM
Why is there a pop-up message when you download the trial that says the game is for Intel Mac only when I have a Power-PC and the game is working perfectly well so far?

ce42
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by ce42 on Oct 3, 10 10:33 AM
I have a Mac, and I just finished level 7, but now the game is stuck. I dragged the nexus stone into the teleporter, and it started making the teleportation sounds, and then... stopped. The stone just goes back to the bottom, and every time I drag it to the correct place, the sequence displays as normal but then it just doesn't proceed.

I'd hate to start over, especially since I'm almost done with the game. This is really frustrating.

[Post New]by TwinBottles on Oct 4, 10 3:29 AM
ce42 wrote:I have a Mac, and I just finished level 7, but now the game is stuck. I dragged the nexus stone into the teleporter, and it started making the teleportation sounds, and then... stopped. The stone just goes back to the bottom, and every time I drag it to the correct place, the sequence displays as normal but then it just doesn't proceed

Hi Ce42,

maybe you should talk with Marcellus before using the stone? If you are sure you did everything but the teleport won't start you can restart only chapter 7 using telekinesis menu located in lower right corner of the main menu. Whatever happened shouldn't happen again :-)

Konstanty

[Post New]by tween00 on Oct 16, 10 6:24 PM
nnrobertson wrote:I hear ya Gramsmom. I did the demo for an hour and then the game closed because my time was up. I was enjoying it so decided to go ahead and activate using a credit I had and when the game restarted I was all the way at the beginning again!! No autosave???!!! You've got to be kidding me.

Same thing happened to me. I don't want to replay the beginning again!

[Post New]by TwinBottles on Oct 16, 10 11:59 PM

Have you checked out bfgArnoStyx post earlier in this thread? He covers save issues specifically. It may be realted to lack of administrative rights. I think this is the right FAQ section link:

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/266

[Post New]by jarcari on Nov 15, 10 10:16 AM
Chapter 10, frozen by Verena, spell ingredients gathered. I didn't get to use them. She put the tangle spell on me. I have a card that says I have temporarily defeated her but no new lists to find. Walk-through indicated I should find ice cubes etc. No way to progress. I have closed out twice, used the gremlin etc. No joy

[Post New]by solo9059 on Nov 23, 10 7:11 AM
I read through the other posts and didn't see this one. I sure hope someone can help me.
Parts of the game are blurred. The player name and backgrounds are all blurry, but the seek items are crystal clear. It's almost impossible to play what promises to be a very entertaining game.
Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?
My computer is fairly new and exceeds all the system requirements. Windows 7 upgraded from Vista), DirectX11, Radeon HD4350 video card, all drivers updated.

[Post New]by Karawynd on Mar 14, 11 8:04 PM
I am in the Palace and trying to locate the Chess Piece. When I try the hint, it points to the beige/brown pillow on the couch on the right, the pillow below the panther. This is the second time I have tried this game and the second time I have been stopped in the same exact spot. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program, stuck again looking for the Chess piece. I have been through the walk through and have not found a mention of Chess pieces in the two pictures show on the walk through. I have gone in and click all over the pillow, around the pillow I have used the magnifier. I just do not see it. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

derekthedj
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by derekthedj on May 29, 11 7:11 PM
I can;t get this game to display at all. I can hear it starting up with all of the intro videos but my monitor is giving me an "Input out of range" error. My native resolution is 1920x1200. Desktop HannsG 28" HG281.

Looking at the log it seems the game may be setting a resolution my monitor doesn't support.

11:01:02.0 - I. DX8 widescreen salected: 1280 x 768 (aspect: 1.667)

Any way to adjust the game resolution via command line or some way other than the in-game options?

Edited on 05/30/2011 at 10:10:38 AM PST

[Post New]by wendyrx on Jul 16, 11 1:02 PM
I looked and didn't see this one yet...

in chapter/level 4 right after i get the ladle and cauldron (? i think.. whatever- it was a ladle and SOMEthing anyhow).. it was time to do the soudough spell.. and the whole game just went down.... and when i brought it back up, i was back to the start of ch. 4 again. and i'd lost some of my unlockables i'd previously unlocked... (such as whichever you get for level 4 alchemy) i cant recall exactly which levels i was on in each category.. but i'm pretty sure they all reverted to whatever they were before i got into level 4.

obviously i'll have to repeat 4 regardless... i'm just worried that when i get to the sourdough deal, it'll happen again... hopefully someone can answer this before i get there?? i hope........

I'd appreciate ANY ideas......
thanks all...

~Wendyrx

PS LOVE this game, btw!

***EDIT***
as it turned out, i only had to find the ingredients for the sourdough spell again...(whew!) BUT my unlocked minigames are still gone.. for instance, wizardy #2 isn't unlocked, yet 1 & 3 are. if someone could telll me which level to replay to fix that, that'd be great.. also, should i still be on the rookie level one for telepathy? and NONE of the apothecary minigames are unlocked.... i'm guessing repeating the 1st 4 levels to replay these is the only way???

Edited on 07/17/2011 at 7:27:30 AM PST

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Oct 6, 11 11:31 AM
Oh Dear, here we go again, I'm so disapointed. When I downloaded this game it looked as though I had tried it for the full trial before so I bought it. I get to change my name, it starts loading and stays on the load screen forever. I tried again with the same result.

[Post New]by SaturnTwo on Oct 8, 11 5:28 PM
I'm on Chapter 4 and found the Beaver's dentures but when I returned to give them to him, they were not on the bottom tool bar. It kept telling me the quest was complete and to give the dentures to the Beaver, but I did not have them.

Go to: