Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Janeypat on Aug 5, 10 7:38 PM
I so agree

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Collector's Edition

[Post New]by forensicMD on Aug 5, 10 7:39 PM
For the sake of Big Fish who are a great company, I am glad that some folks really like the game, although my impression is that most plan to wait for the SE . I liked the first game very much and maybe I am just having a bad evening, but I don't like this game at all. I do not plan to buy it even in the SE. The "where do I put things" frustrated me very much, and I did not care for the central clock puzzle to place the moose, mouse etc. I had not finished the game, but I did reach the point where I learned that we had to look for pieces of the birthday toy horse hidden in clock puzzles. That was icing on the cake as I did not enjoy the first time through and certainly would not pick my way through the clock puzzles one more time to find toy horse pieces! Now I think I will go and buy the CE of Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven! That is my kind of game!

Edited on 08/06/2010 at 10:54:15 AM PST

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Aug 5, 10 11:05 PM
hey fishes when it comes to c e games either you like them or you dont so lets move on .that said this game is a5 +++++ in my book yes pun intended ha ha.as some have said its a new way to do h o.the scens are sharp clear &well done. who ever didthe e cards did agrrrrrreat job hideing them thats what makes it fun .i have had no trouble with this game there is a lot to do in this game i think it iswell worth the money you get two game modes as well as the s g &bounes play .also you get extra game what more can we fishes want we cant be toooooooooooo greedy can we thanks for the super game b f &devlops. now off for a snack than back to the game . i for one am avery happy happy clamhope you have fun with the games.also have a great day. happy as a clam

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Aug 6, 10 12:44 AM
I bought the Collector's Edition. I really enjoyed the first one and I think this one is just as good, if not better. Although, I knew the game was coming out because I saw screenshots on another website like a month ago. But I haven't bought any of the other recent collector's editions like "Echos of the Past 2" and "Curse of the Raven." I've been intentionally avoiding some of these other games because it's just more of the same.

At least "Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower" takes a completely different approach which is refreshing. And the graphics are great. I like that you're putting things back to complete scenes instead of just hunting through junk piles. I think the strategy guide is more useful in this game because the process is a little different. I'm glad BFG at least offered a bonus game this time which I didn't have. I also like the game because it's vibrant, colorful, and enchanting. It's not another lame attempt to make a faux, dark, creepy hidden-object game.

If you really enjoyed the first one, then I think you might like this one. I'm only on the third level, but it's great for me.

However, I can sympathize about this being another collector's edition. It's become a bit of a slippery slope for BFG. A lot of people aren't happy about it. I've only purchased 2 collector's editions in total.

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Aug 6, 10 1:35 AM
Well, at first I didn't like the game one bit, but after I found myself still playing after 30 minutes I had to admit it kind of grows on you. The concept of putting things back in a scene instead of finding them is original to say the least. Graphics are beautiful, music a bit annoying but not too bad and the puzzles are something else! I enjoyed the little pictures where you need to 'save the king' or some other poor little fella.

So, a buy for me , but not the CE. I will wait for a few weeks, got enough games to keep me busy until this one is $ 6,99. is on my side, yes it is!

jmwillo
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by jmwillo on Aug 6, 10 2:06 AM
Enjoyed the first game very much but this one not sure. Played the demo and it was ok but not a buy for me.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Aug 6, 10 3:47 AM
I think the first game was quite a bit better in that it didn't feel as linear as this second game. And hey, isn't there like an unspoken code of honor that says "visit the same HOG screen no more than twice"? (Yes, I know it's technically not a HOG but bear with me.) Jeez, this game revisits every HOG screen at least 5 times. That's a major no-no right there. I've seen one or two other bad HOGs do that and they justifiably got booed off stage.

Edited on 08/06/2010 at 3:49:43 AM PST

greenladytaz
Stingray
Stingray
4,795 Posts

[Post New]by greenladytaz on Aug 6, 10 5:11 AM
I liked the first Enlightenus and bought it, but I don't like this one. The graphics are great, and the music is great. It's just too darned "busy" for me to enjoy it, so will be a no buy. And won't be purchasing the regular game either.

bettums
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by bettums on Aug 6, 10 7:02 AM
I really enjoyed playing the demo and will definitely buy it when the standard version comes out. Now there are three that I desperately want. Can't afford to buy the CE and don't think they are worth the extra money. Wish they could shorten the time for the standards to come out.

lidaviola
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by lidaviola on Aug 6, 10 7:27 AM
Hated this game, did not like it at all very disappointed. Played for about 10 minutes was enough to know this game is not for me.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Aug 6, 10 7:41 AM
Kudos for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower Premium Edition

Blue Tea Games and Steve Zhao have done it again. I went into this game hoping it would be as good as the first Enlightenus--and I got better. And the Premium Edition is well worth the money!

The graphics are even more beautiful (hard to believe, I know, but they keep getter better and better). The background music is very soothing yet befitting the game. The puzzles are great! I love the sketch puzzles! What a fun concept. And there is also a variety of other puzzles as well. Some of them real head scratchers. My total game play using no hints and no strategy guide and not skipping any puzzles was 7 hours plus the 2 for bonus play. I liked having the achievements. Plus you get an entire game free with the premium edition.

The strategy guide is extremely well done and very comprehensive, indicating objects, e-cards and solutions to puzzles, where applicable (I think some puzzles are random). This game is a definite five-star game--no dobt about it!

Thank you Blue Tea Games!

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Aug 6, 10 7:55 AM
Im just after finishing the trial and am dithering on whether to buy or wait for the regular version,but it is my day off and I am looking for a game to keep me entertained so I think i will because i really enjoyed the first Enlightenus game

jq134
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by jq134 on Aug 6, 10 8:00 AM
I love everything about the game. The graphics are great, the puzzles are challenging and I even like the music. Good pick BF.

[Post New]by kmichel99 on Aug 6, 10 11:20 AM
I love this game. It is different and entertaining. Seems to be a nice long game and not too hard not too easy. I have put hours in and am not done yet and I love that!!! I think well worth the CE price.

[Post New]by consuela8706 on Aug 6, 10 3:57 PM
FINALLY!!!!....a game i actually love....and going to buy most def.....i couldnt get off the game to use the bathroom...bf keep em' coming...... ......ima be waiting.....

Gwhynot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Gwhynot on Aug 6, 10 7:06 PM
I've only just started playing this one but it's really great and I just logged on to buy the full version. It's interesting, non-violent, the puzzles (so far) aren't too hard - and especially important to me is, there are no time limits on each level. I play games for relaxation and entertainment, not to get stressed out. So finding a nicely drawn, interesting adventure puzzle like this one is a treasure. Five stars! --well so far

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on Aug 6, 10 7:21 PM
I really loved the first one and can't wait to try this one. Between the full time and part time jobs, I'v fallen way behind in playing games!

[Post New]by k1rhea on Aug 7, 10 8:20 AM
Drats, drats, and more drats! Downloaded the demo, played for about 10 minutes and was truly enjoying the uniqueness of the game. Had to go take the dog to the park for a walk and would have sworn I closed the game down. Came back to an expired demo. ARGH!!! Silly me!

[Post New]by bwaybaby1979 on Aug 7, 10 10:26 AM
I really enjoyed playing this. The graphics were beautiful, especially if you compare it to the Mayan Princess game included in the CE. If you played the first Enlightenus, the gameplay is similar, though you don't get to wander around as much (the first one was definitely more adventure-y). I did skip or cheated on a few puzzles because my brain just doesn't like those type of puzzles. I loved the sketch puzzles and the dancing "Big Fish" one was pretty cute. It took me 4-5hrs to finish all 6 levels, and about 1 hr for the bonus level. The extras also include 3 sketch puzzles.

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

[Post New]by silkywings on Aug 7, 10 5:51 PM
I am downloading this Collector's Edition altho I can't afford it and will wait to buy the $6.99 version later on down the road. I loved the first game so much and considered it to be a "PERFECT" game in all ways.

Go to: