Shar17444
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Re:Post any Samantha Swift and the Fountains of Fate technical issues here only

[Post New]by Shar17444 on Aug 10, 10 7:49 PM
I am stuck in the dancer scene, tried to get the sapphire but I can't get it to click, used pick ax and nothing, now the pick ax is gone and I can't go forward, help

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Aug 11, 10 4:13 AM
I had problems with disappearing inventory items too. Actually mine was more that I'd have more in some places than others; or have one outside a chamber but not inside.

glocal
Flounder
Flounder
2,408 Posts

[Post New]by glocal on Aug 11, 10 6:31 AM
Stuck on scene with the matador and bull. I get the blue gears rotating on the matador but can not focus in on the bull. Nothing in inventory works on the matador (he is "on top" of waterfall) Went to walkthrough and all it says it the bull "stuff". Anyone with same issue?? Also the cursor turns red when I get near the matador but nothing helps. Am I not understanding this???

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Aug 11, 10 10:46 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that the Access Violation error and the fig puzzle issues are being looked at. We will update this thread with any announcements and really appreciate your patience during this time. Thank you for posting in the Forums to bring this to our attention.

Sometimes running the game as Administrator can help with Access Violations, so if you'd like to try, you can take a look at this help article for the steps to run as Administrator.

If you're experiencing any freezes in the game, you can always take a look at the
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen help article.

You're also more than welcome to write in to Tech Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right with any other problems you may be having with the game.

Thanks everyone!

-bfgArnoStyx

Edited on 08/11/2010 at 10:46:41 AM PST

[Post New]by phoenixstar2 on Aug 11, 10 12:45 PM
Hi,
I have an issue too.
Got the game was working fine, now I'm at the end, and the fig game for the fountain of youth water won't work at all.

I have all 18 of them, but when you click to play the game it says you only have 14 or 15 and can't access the game what so ever.

everytime i reopen the game, it says I have a different amount of figs but lower than 18 when I click the game every time.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Aug 11, 10 4:08 PM
FRUSTRATING!!! Another game I was looking forward to playing and I get that dreaded Access Violation error. I only get this error on Big Fish downloads. I can download each of the games that have given me this error on other sites and it opens and plays fine. Repeat This only occurs with downloads from BFG ... but thus far, only 5 games (but ones I really wanted).

astral27
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by astral27 on Aug 11, 10 10:34 PM
Thanks guys for your comments. I have got to the fig puzzle too & it only recognizes me as having 17 out of the 18 when I try to use them. There is nothing worse than playing nearly all the way through a game & it doing something like this. I have also enjoyed the previous games & have never had probs with them before - I have with other games lately though (I REALLY hate that go slow thing). Disappointing as a user for the last couple of years (hey, where's my soft toy??)

Edited on 08/11/2010 at 10:38:03 PM PST

Masquerade32
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by Masquerade32 on Aug 12, 10 1:54 AM
I'm having issues before the big finish. Just as I put the crystal ball into the clown door and start to go into the labyrinth, the game freezes and I recieve an error message that roughly reads: "not enough memory." Most other BFG games have been running just fine for me until this. My computer is a little old with okay RAM.

Has anyone found a solution so far?

[Post New]by nelcib on Aug 12, 10 1:18 PM
Thanks to this forum and the information that you gave me. I had originally posted because my mother who is 79 had purchased the game and was having the crashing, error messaging problems. So from her to all of you here is her Message. I originally could not get past the pipes and the game crashed on me.. We posted the ? in the forum and got lots of info. So this is what I did for her. Uninstalled the game, downloaded Adobe 10.1, Adobe Reader, Java newest version, Removed Internet Explorer, Installed Firefox, and anything that would really update her computer that Firefox recommended. Then I reinstalled the game. Once on the main menu page I then changed the player to a new name - started again .... and she just called me to say that she has finished it easily, effortlessly ( well the puzzles and challenges are hard, ... lol ) but I mean no crashes or missing items. Thanks again .... to all of you in the forum .... appreciate all your feed back and my mother thanks you too. For a 79 year old to love and enjoy these games .. Thank you so much Big Fish.

Edited on 08/12/2010 at 1:27:57 PM PST

[Post New]by porupsky3 on Aug 12, 10 2:28 PM
I am stuck in King Solomon's mine at the Water of Life scene. I can see the exit in the upper right corner, but it won't let me exit.

lexi4
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by lexi4 on Aug 12, 10 4:10 PM
Has this issue ever been resolved? I still get the dreaded error message. I am so frustrated.Just wasted my money.

[Post New]by veger1 on Aug 12, 10 5:08 PM
Like ABflowers, I'm having issues with the fig puzzle:

I lose a fig going between screens from finding the figs to the puzzle room, 18 to 17
then, once there, I can't move any of the empty triangles or rotate them and when I try to add figs to them, game tells me I don't have enough figs

Going back to the "fig" room, game tells me I have 18 figs but then lose the one, again, when moving into the puzzle room ???

I like the game - just wish I could finish it.

[Post New]by ebonyeyes_55 on Aug 12, 10 5:53 PM
I am on the last level of this game. I have opened the door and about to go through the door to do the labyrinth when my game freezes and I get an error message that says (Panic error in file".\Platforms\Win32\Win32Texture.cpp",line 178: Failed to create Direct3D texture: not enough memory) HELP ! ! !

[Post New]by nelcib on Aug 12, 10 6:18 PM
Thanks to this forum and the information that you gave me. I had originally posted because my mother who is 79 had purchased the game and was having the crashing, error messaging problems. So from her to all of you here is her Message. I originally could not get past the pipes and the game crashed on me.. We posted the ? in the forum and got lots of info. So this is what I did for her. Uninstalled the game, downloaded Adobe 10.1, Adobe Reader, Java newest version, Removed Internet Explorer, Installed Firefox, and anything that would really update her computer that Firefox recommended. Then I reinstalled the game. Once on the main menu page I then changed the player to a new name - started again .... and she just called me to say that she has finished it easily, effortlessly ( well the puzzles and challenges are hard, ... lol ) but I mean no crashes or missing items. Thanks again .... to all of you in the forum .... appreciate all your feed back and my mother thanks you too. For a 79 year old to love and enjoy these games .. Thank you so much Big Fish.

[Post New]by Nomez00 on Aug 13, 10 2:47 AM
Shar17444 wrote:I am stuck in the dancer scene, tried to get the sapphire but I can't get it to click, used pick ax and nothing, now the pick ax is gone and I can't go forward, help

I am having the same problem. Except the scanner and one other tool have disappeared. Without the scanner I can't progress and I have no idea how to get them back. ARRGH!!!

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on Aug 14, 10 6:08 AM
I also have the small picture problem. The game fits into about half the available screen. Further, it is asking for things like the coral necklace golden idol which i already found, but when i move backward into those scenes it appears as tho i haven't found them yet.

Clearly this is a no buy unless these items are fixed.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Aug 14, 10 5:48 PM
Here's something interesting. I went to the Mumbo Jumbo web site. They only had the CE version Of Samantha. I downloaded it and installed it to see if the game would play. It didn't I got the same Access Violation error message. right at the beginning of the game. The Mumbbo Jumbo splash screen where the pointer is, is where it freezes. I had no intention of buying the game but I wanted to see where the problem might lie. Looks to me like it's with Mumbo Jumbo.

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on Aug 14, 10 8:20 PM
Hi all, did not read all the posts but just wanted to also say that I too have had the AV's as well. Was able to complete the game. However, would be nice to have these faults fixed. I have all the Sam Swift collection and really enjoy the genre..

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 14, 10 9:42 PM
I finally was able to finish the game, but not without some of the same glitches and freezes mentioned here. The game downloaded and ran fine for demo but the errors didn't show up until much further in the game.

I have min req on my older pc with XP sp3, everything up to date. But just 512ram which this game requires " minimum". Have no idea how much memor in graphics card it needs, but a few other graphics intensive games freeze up or drop to min on task bar. Usually I'm out of "virtual memory" playing too long. If I quit, do some disk cleanup, etc, restart computer and resume it goes ok from where I quit.

First glitch was in saloon second time (I think,) missing inventory items. I'd return to prior scene, get it again, back in saloon and it was gone again. After a few tries, like back to Main Menu, then resume sometimes that works. But didn't. Finally I picked up the item from inventory, held it on pointer while going back through the saloon doors and plunked it where needed and it worked. Just don't let go of the item once you have it. If not, it is gone from inventory when you move to next scene.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 14, 10 9:59 PM
Continued...last post got cut off like it was too long for the compose box (?)

Had some problem with figs too, maybe I did same thing going back for the last fig, but got through it somehow. Next was the Bermuda House Front Door, as soon as I put the crystal in clown and went to the door out it froze. Heard a clunk sound like windows error but didn't get any box with error number. Couldn't exit, tried escape key, ctr alt dele didn't work, no task mgr. Had to unplug computer, wait, restart windows. Tried that twice, then able to resume. It was like I had used up all memory, maybe my graphics card Intel.

After that fresh start I was able to get through to end. Back to Main to Quit, but happened to click to see what the bonus unlimited would be, didn't play one, went Back to Main page and all the text had disappeared, Only Title and her picture, no options, no quit button, no way out but to again power down computer. Seems I did hear the BF gmgr sound but part of main page froze on screen.

I had no probems with SSwift 1,2,3 except seems there was a rebuild for 2 or 3 that froze on a puzzle, access violation, D/l the fix and was okay then. I did have access violation on that one til the fix. I use IntEx7 (now 8) and never have anything running during a game, even close browser before opening a game. I may try it on my Win7 laptop but oppen scenes were to dark and tiny on that small screen. It has 4 gig ram so I'd know if is lack of ram or the game buggy. Should be able to close a game from Main Menu, not have text or buttons disappear. Won't play again on my pc, took the fun out of it.

Go to: