Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Wedding Dash 4-Ever

[Post New]by Marijelly on Aug 30, 10 7:56 AM
I like WD 1&2 and I LOVE the third - I am actually ashamed to admit how many times I played it... So I am sad to say that 4 is such a big disappointment that I wont even buy the full version. So this review is for the first hour of the game.

One of my favorite parts was the planning, which was perfected in WD3.
Now the presentation of the couple is not interesting and hardly relevant. All you need to know is what silly object needs to be found - and you see that in the level anyway.
In the first level I prayed that you would get different tasks in every level, but no, you have to play this every time. I hate HOGS and would it not have been for this I would have bought the game, even if I am so sad the planning is gone.

The graphics are more detailed, but have lost clarity and is not at all charming and colorful anymore. For example I loved how delicious the food used to look, now you can hardly see it and it doesn't even matter what it is now the planning is gone...I don't like the style of the animations.
The new characters are plainer and have less personality, in the first levels I actually confused some of them with eachother. The characters in the previous games are one of the biggest reasons I fell in love with WD. I saw from pics that the old ones do show up later but it doesn't save it for me.

Another part I really liked that is gone, is the flirting tables. It added another element where you use strategy to get a higher score, instead of just click click click. They were also optional to pick or use for those who didn't like it.

I found it harder to chain actions - sorry if I am wrong here, I only played one hour - but it seemed like sometimes you just had to break the chains because you had to drag people to the dancefloor because of requests etc.
Quinn is now picking up gifts but if you use her and Flo at the same time, their different actions count in the same chain, thus getting you lower points. But I could be wrong here, I didn't have time to figure it out. But if this is how it works, it is very annoying.

So, anything I DID like?

Yes, I like that the bride and groom are more involved, having requests for meals and seatings but still being different than the guests. Requests like "the kissing" are more fun to solve than just clicking on "catastrophes".

The trays are a good example of making changes in the game to refresh it but not ruin it. It's not worse or better than before, but some changes are needed in a new game.

[Post New]by Marijelly on Aug 30, 10 8:06 AM

I enjoyed the seating game. The conga was boring, but a blast compared to the arrow shooting in WD3 (actually the only thing I didn't like in 3)

The story is somewhat confusing. In 3, Quinn wants Joe to be shot by Cupid so that he will propose because she already set a date for the wedding, but it didn't turn out well, so he is taken back to a normal state. But where is Joe now, are they still together or what? In modern times, women actually can do the proposing you know...I like that Quinn's mom arrives, but I hope there is more to the story than that.

Good idea with two choices of pace. Normal seemed slow, firecracker mode I didn't try. Is it possible to change modes once you started playing? Well, I won't find out, instead I am waiting for WD5...

[Post New]by kitkatjjl on Sep 5, 10 3:53 PM
i found this quite easy compared to 1&2,didnt try 3, finished whole game in 3 days,also found music annoying and missed the bit getting the food and location right.

[Post New]by ms_science_teach on Sep 6, 10 12:18 AM
ojennifer wrote:I was looking forward to this game coming out. I loved Wedding Dash 1 & 2.

I HATE this game. The drawings are terrible. The guests don't even get to sit down.
the band is gone. The game about planning the wedding and picking what the bride and groom want is gone.

Instead I have to try and find the world's smallest freaking BS things that I can't see. If this is what PlayFirst is putting out now, I will never buy another one of their games.

If you like this, then fine. I am mad about it. As I said, I was a huge fan of 1 &2. This sucks'

I agree, I loved the previous Wedding Dash games. This one leaves little to be desired. The hidden items in each round are too tiny. I have no trouble finding them but I find it a waste of time. Also, the story line is disappointing.

Maybe they should have taken more time to develop the game and not rushed it out so quickly then maybe we would have had a better product.

Edited on 09/06/2010 at 12:24:38 AM PST

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Sep 6, 10 6:55 PM
Seriously? You want my review? I wish I had my 6.99 back to buy a fun, relaxing game. THIS game is a joke. An absolute joke! You have made it so impossible to reach goals after Level 5.0, it becomes frustrating and agonizing. I gave up after almost 2 solid months...MONTHS...of trying to conquer 5.1 and uninstalled it off my computer. My suggestion for Wedding Dash 5? Take into consideration that people play games to have fun and unwind. Don't make the goals so impossible to reach. This is a torture device and is not fun. Just read the comments in the forum. Only a select few genius' like it.

Edited on 09/06/2010 at 6:57:14 PM PST

[Post New]by martv70 on Sep 6, 10 8:24 PM
I love this game! I enjoy playing it. Even some levels i have to play and play again. Didn't know there are other parts! wow i will buy it!

[Post New]by rcraig on Sep 26, 10 12:08 PM
ITA. This game sucks. I want to play for fun and enjoyment. Don't mind repeating a level a few times, but when there is no chance to get past the level it is not fun any more. Wish I had my 6.99 back too. Won't be buying another game from this company EVER.

[Post New]by 39queenvictoria on Sep 28, 10 9:41 AM
Well it's good to know I didn't miss anything. I purchased games 1 & 2, but couldn't get 3 to download. Tried to get help from Big Fish Games, but, nooooo and guess what they own all of the games. I tried going to a different web site, like PlayFirst and when I tried to purchase game I was sent to Big Fish Games. So if anyone finds another web site where you can purchase games. Let me know. Thanks.

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Sep 29, 10 3:15 PM
I loved this game as much as the others. Took several days to complete all levels on expert, but that makes it good value for money. However, did find some of the hidden objects almost impossible to find and thought level 6 was disappointing.

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Oct 23, 10 4:18 PM
What a nightmarish gameplay. This could have been such a good one, but I see no point playing anything that makes my bloodpressure go up.

fauxgina
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by fauxgina on Dec 5, 10 11:45 AM
mkastor wrote:You have made it so impossible to reach goals after Level 5.0, it becomes frustrating and agonizing. I gave up after almost 2 solid months...MONTHS...of trying to conquer 5.1 and uninstalled it off my computer. My suggestion for Wedding Dash 5? Take into consideration that people play games to have fun and unwind. Don't make the goals so impossible to reach.

I loved Wedding Dash 4-Ever up until Level 5. It took me countless attempts to finally pass 5.1, only to get stuck on 5.2. I gave up on finishing the game because, as you said, I wanted to play to have fun and unwind, not to be frustrated to the point of wanting to smash my computer to smithereens because I missed the next level by 100 points. Learn a lesson from this, Playfish!

Ladycas
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Ladycas on Feb 1, 11 11:15 AM
I really liked Wedding dash series. And was looking forward to the one that would follow Wedding dash rings around the world. Instead they cae out with Wedding dash r ever. I am dissappointed in it. It had nothing to do with the above plus I do not like the new way you take care of people. I am sorry I bought it.

Aamaretto
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Aamaretto on Aug 17, 11 3:22 PM
I really liked this game, but having beaten it first and just beaten Wedding Dash 3, I must say I like 3 better. The ramp-up difficulty for the game was not smooth - I was easily able to beat the first three venues without doing much worrying about chaining bonuses, then suddenly I hit the fourth level and everything fell apart. I had to learn how to chain, because I hadn't practiced it before, and each level felt like I was slogging through mud, as I had to play it over and over again. I did take it as a personal challenge to finish all on expert and get to the bonus level, but it was tough to the point of frustration at a few points.

I don't like hidden object games as a rule, so it made me frustrated that the bonus level was for finding all the miscellaneous objects. My opinion is that if it's a time management game, you can throw in some HOG attributes, but if there's a bonus level, it should be tied to time management.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SPOILER ALERT
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was also greatly disappointed in the bonus level. I thought it should have been one of the regular levels, only much more chaotic / harder (kind of like the bonus levels in 3), but it was just one of those "seat the right people next to the right people" levels.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Aug 23, 11 9:04 AM
wooohoooo! I am so glad this is the COTW this week. I missed it when it was a DD. I think the gameplay is fun and it sure does get more challenging as you go along. I'll try to muddle through

[Post New]by MichaelMaiden25 on Nov 5, 11 8:35 PM
Wedding Dash is my favorite series! Can't wait for the next Installment... !

[Post New]by sunshine197239 on Jan 10, 12 11:59 AM
I love the Wedding Dash games and I did enjoy this one on the firecracker levels but I agree with others. I don't like the time it takes to find the small hidden objects and I miss the planning what you think the bride/groom want for their wedding!

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Feb 18, 12 9:01 AM
Went back to play these games again after a year, because I love this series. It's really true, this is the worst one. The HOG is just no good. I guess they wanted to get in on the HOG craze, but that's not why people like WD. It's the little, cute logic puzzles of picking items and putting people in their seats.

I like the extra game of seating all the guests at the big wedding - I like WD 3 very much - but I really missed picking out the "no citrus fruits, or want items reminding them of their favorite childrens books" type. And the band is gone! Go back to the 3 style, guys. Loved it, and it was one of my fave games ever.

And remember lots of elderly and disabled play these games - that's why we come here - and tiny, tiny roses we can barely see is NOT fun.

Go to: