Maclin
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Post any Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff technical issues here only

[Post New]by Maclin on Aug 13, 10 3:52 AM
I got halfway through this game, and now when I open to continue, it says same as others have, corrupt profile, so have to start over! This is so annoying
Mac

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

Re:Post any Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff technical issues here only

[Post New]by doctorgood on Aug 13, 10 5:14 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Fishies,

You could also try to see if this is an issue with the ActiveX component in your system. If you'd like, try to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Flash using <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx">Internet Explorer</a> as the web browser.

Because Microsoft is involved with both ActiveX and Internet Explorer, the compatibility is oftentimes successful.

Need help with these steps? Please refer to the following help article:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

If you do find any of these steps to be successful, please let Tech Support and/or the other Fishies know. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

When I had a problem in the past I was told by tech to switch from ie8 to firefox because that's what everyone there uses. Has this changed? I have been using firefox and it seems to work great. My problem is my cursor disappears during the rat/cheese maze puzzle and I have to force the game closed. All my drivers are up to date and all my games work great here and at GH. Doesn't seem likely that all these 60 some posts have problems with their computers. You sure it isn't the game?
Dr.good

[Post New]by Barbara2001 on Aug 13, 10 5:33 AM
I went straight to BUY for this game about an hour ago. I can't get it to run either. I have reinstalled, restarted computer, reinstalled and still it won't run. Gave after the third attempt. A bit relieved to find I'm not the only purchaser to be having trouble. Anyone know if it is possible to report this problem directly to Big Fish or do we have to wait until someone finds the messages on the forum?

Edited on 08/13/2010 at 5:35:22 AM PST

[Post New]by dramamama61 on Aug 13, 10 6:47 AM
Count me in as well. First time I have downloaded a game, and then click the link--nothing happens. Thanking this forum for letting me know I am not crazy!

pammyjupp
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by pammyjupp on Aug 13, 10 7:40 AM
Hi PROBLEM with this game. Played demo fine, so I bought it, now cannot play it at all. What is wrong with this game ??? Very frustrating BFG people.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Aug 13, 10 8:31 AM
I changed my profile, started from the beginning and played right through. Didn't dare leave it! Very tedious way of playing a game - which is a shame because it is a beautiful game. Good length! And some replayability. Not that I'm going near it again for a while!!

[Post New]by duyeahno1 on Aug 13, 10 8:41 AM
Can't play the demo either! Please help heard so much about the game, wanna buy but would like to try first....please fix BF!

onlybec
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by onlybec on Aug 13, 10 10:27 AM
togood2be wrote:I am not sure which is worse, game not starting for you all or a corrupt profile well into the game, I have to start all over and I DID buy it. I was on 7th or 8th chapter, not sure which.

I agree after buying game and playing saved on the 5th chapter, went to play again and got the corrupt file message now have to replay game again under new profile. This sucks.....

Ella58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Ella58 on Aug 13, 10 11:23 AM
When is this going to be fixed. I purchased this game yesterday Aug 12, played until I had to leave for appointment, today I tried to continue to play and I get a "corrupt profile" error. I tried to load on my laptop and it won't run. It is in the game manager but when I push play now, nothing happen.

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on Aug 13, 10 12:04 PM
I have been in and out of this demo a couple of times and only played twenty minutes.
Although it is slow to load, I have had no technical problems.
I have an older PC running XP.

bball111
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by bball111 on Aug 13, 10 12:32 PM
I was going to buy the game but now I think I will wait until everything is sorted out.

dspsunrise
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by dspsunrise on Aug 13, 10 1:59 PM
I find it interesting that a lot of people aren't able to play the game still. I tried to beta test the game and had the same problem. I'm sure the game makers received a lot of feedback along these lines from beta testers so why did it come out still not playable? It looks like it has a lot of potential but I wouldn't even consider buying it at any price until all the bugs are worked out!

muttmom
Clownfish
Clownfish
534 Posts

[Post New]by muttmom on Aug 13, 10 4:18 PM
My game froze when playing the mouse and cheese game. Lost cursor and had to stop playing and reboot computer. Didn't try running game again after reading a lot of people were having difficulties.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 13, 10 4:18 PM
I am having a CURSOR problem

I started playing a puzzle ( the one where you fit the different tiles into a certain way and they are mix colored, WELL ANY HOOT

MY pattern was wrong i went to "RESET" and my CURSOR FROZE. I could see 2 of them
1..Frozen

2. coming in and out of site.

had to CTRl/ALT/DELETE....to get out...I HAD ALREADY $$$$ the game

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Aug 13, 10 5:06 PM
I don't get an error message to report.
Was playing right along, got pretty far into game,
then shut it down to fix supper.
Now it freezes when I get to the "Play" screen.
ctrl/alt/del is the only way to get out of it
and even that doesn't always respond.
Tried again & again, even re-booting...
no go.

Like others, I wish to finish a game I paid for
and am in the middle of.
Don't wish to re-start, nor to wait for someone to fix
yet another glitchy program.

[Post New]by griz1679 on Aug 13, 10 5:32 PM
[i]I played the demo fine, then bought the game. Then it said profile corrupted ,deleted it and tried to download and now it says trouble with the download. First prob. I have had with any of the games.

MarcyMM
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by MarcyMM on Aug 13, 10 5:49 PM
I can't even get it to download. It goes through the whole process, gets to 100% and then just says "download failed" and automatically starts the download process all over again.

My computer is only a few months old, running on Windows 7.

Trying the Dr. Felix now.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 13, 10 6:37 PM

I can NOT get the game to PLAY AGAIN i played for over 3 hrs last night??

I AM really getting fed up with this

Echoes Of Stone II

and NOW this GAME
....I even bets tested the game..HAD PROBLEMS then even, thought that they had ironed them out!!

OK, I GUESS WAITING AGAIN
for MY COMPUTER is FULLY updated to play BFG games even ONE of the Special TECH. told me THAT..

[Post New]by jollypup1 on Aug 13, 10 7:05 PM
I was a member then canceled. I joined again because too many of the games seemed to have tech problems. This one reminded me of why I left in the first place. Might be a great game IF IT WORKED.

Played for 20 minutes, closed. Signed back in only to get a "corruption" message for my login. Says to create a new one but that is not an option.

Good grief.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Aug 13, 10 7:24 PM
I was able to play the game until I got through the portal to the new world, and then the rope knots wouldn't tie. I exited the game, and when I came back my profile was corrupted.

I followed the directions for the DrFelix diagnosis, and (on internet explorer) I then got a message that the DrFelix file was too big to upload; then it appeared to have uploaded, but I couldn't get to the send button on the BFG site. I finally succeeded in getting the zip file sent off using Mozilla.

It's kind of sad, but I'm rapidly losing any desire to finish this game and wish I could just get my money back...

Go to: