Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by forthehalibut on Aug 15, 10 6:42 AM
Create a new profile!!

I too was getting a black screen with just the menu options. Appears that if you previously downloaded the Collectors Edition you need to create a new profile. Solved the issue for me. Hope this helps someone.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows technical issues here only

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 15, 10 6:51 AM
forthehalibut wrote:Create a new profile!!

I too was getting a black screen with just the menu options. Appears that if you previously downloaded the Collectors Edition you need to create a new profile. Solved the issue for me. Hope this helps someone.

So, in essence, I will have to start the game again from the beginning? Thanks for the tip. I may reinstall the game and give it another try.

[Post New]by susan13060 on Aug 15, 10 6:58 AM
I'm trying to put the items back into the cupboard in the dungeon but there is no Violin in the scene. The music stand and the violin case are there but no violin. Can't find anywhere else to put the fiddlestick. Help!

[Post New]by Bertlee on Aug 15, 10 9:17 AM
OK, I was able to download and play the trial of the CE version without any issues but waited for the regular version to buy. DL the reg version and guess what!!?? cannot play . I get a message telling me my profile (from the CE version) is corrupted and to start a new profile. Did that and when it should have gone into the game I got booted back to the game manager. Tried again, same thing. Uninstalled and reinstalled and was then told my trial has expired (I had 50 minutes left when I uninstalled). I was sooo hoping to buy this game!!!

[Post New]by gmac250 on Aug 15, 10 9:27 AM
I got to the very end where you place the gem in the spiders and the lasers came on. Thien if kicked my off, and now I am in the catheral lobby, and it won't go anywhere. I can't even access the extras bonus game, because it tells me I haven't finished the game yet???

AbyBess
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by AbyBess on Aug 15, 10 11:10 AM
Remind me to keep my big mouth shut until AFTER I've finished a game. When I returned to the final confrontation scent the dratted game froze AGAIN.

I am so angry with myself.

This is exactly what happened to me - played the entire game (regular version) right up until the final confrontation. It worked fine, but I couldn't solve it, so decided to take a break and try later. When I opened the game again today, the final scene is frozen. Just music playing.

Really frustrating. I suppose I could try creating another profile, but I've played the entire game already (at least, I assume I'm at the end). I enjoyed the game, but not sure it's worth creating another profile and playing all over again, or even taking time to uninstall and reinstall.

First time I've ever had any trouble with a BF game.

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Aug 15, 10 1:08 PM
Well, three seems to be the trick.

The third change of profile took me to the end . Maybe it was the name. I callled myself "HELP"

I was lucky that I did not get a black screen

Good luck everybody.

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Aug 15, 10 8:51 PM
I am so upset! My screen stays black but the book stays in the upper left corner & i can view all my inventory items but I can not see anything. I was so excited to get the regular version for 6.99 instead of the Collector's Edition. I cant even exit out of the game unless I CTL ALT DEL!!! I am sooo bummed...

[Post New]by BelleStar28 on Aug 15, 10 10:40 PM
I am having a problem bought the game go to play it and it gives me a blackscreen can only see the book and my inventory. the trial version worked fine but now I can even play the stupid thing will someone please fix this problem

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Aug 16, 10 1:16 AM
What a passel of BS.

Creating a new profile is NOT a "solution" to the issue w/ the factory blackout if one has already demo'd the CE.

That is a "workaround" of an issue that it doesn't seem like BFG/devs are going to bother fixing.

Y'all don't want to bother fixing it....I don't want to bother buying it.

I think that's fair.

House of Stone was far superior to this cookie-cutter sequel anyway. Castle of Shadows is pretty much a we're gonna coast on the success of the previous game & not bother doing anything different in this one kind of sequel.

Meh.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Aug 16, 10 2:05 AM
I had no problem transfering from the CE version to the regular version with the same profile and continuing on the adventure.
However, I am suddenly stuck in the centre tower because one particular scene is not complete. When I compare it with the screenshot in the walkthrough I can see that there is an extra section on the right which is where I need to click to get the next hidden object scene. It only seems to be a problem in this one location - I have all the previous scenes in full. When I go to the options menu, I am not allowed anything other than the fullscreen option - there is a "widescreen" option there but it is blanked out. I cannot see why I whould need wide-screen just for one scene and not the others. I have all the latest updates on my computer, so there should not be any problem with the graphic resolution.

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Aug 16, 10 10:27 AM
AbyBess wrote:
Remind me to keep my big mouth shut until AFTER I've finished a game. When I returned to the final confrontation scent the dratted game froze AGAIN.

I am so angry with myself.

This is exactly what happened to me - played the entire game (regular version) right up until the final confrontation. It worked fine, but I couldn't solve it, so decided to take a break and try later. When I opened the game again today, the final scene is frozen. Just music playing.

Really frustrating. I suppose I could try creating another profile, but I've played the entire game already (at least, I assume I'm at the end). I enjoyed the game, but not sure it's worth creating another profile and playing all over again, or even taking time to uninstall and reinstall.

First time I've ever had any trouble with a BF game.

I first froze just before I tried to get across the river. Change of profile. I got all the way to the final scene and after trying my best decided to cheat and check the walkthrough. Printed the page and went back to the game to finish it. The thing had frozen. I tried a new profile again. This time I called myself "HELP". I stopped halfway through as it was getting late. When I started it up next morning I held my breath but had no problems and finally managed to finish the game.

[Post New]by souldier on Aug 16, 10 11:53 AM
It seems alot of complaints are regarding the factory, mine too. Can't use the broom to pick up clothing tags, already changed my profile to see if that would help. Big Fish needs to fix this problem.

SuzyF
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by SuzyF on Aug 16, 10 12:44 PM
nikoko wrote:I am not sure if I am being really stupid or whether there is a problem with the game. I did the CE demo and decided to wiat for the regular game. Yee haa today was the day. I had deleted the CE so downloaded the game again. The demo let me continue where I had left off. I went inot the factory and the lights were off ... even though I had turned them on at the end of the CE ...

Anyway here I am in the factory room, unable to turn the lights back on, can't get into the backroom cos I am told it is too dark .... i have wandered around aimlessly trying all sorts of things ... but I can get no further.

Is this a game oopsie or me being stupid (or possibly both)?

So glad I'm not the only one having this issue! No light in the factory, no way to get to the back room anymore as I had in the CE trial version and nothing new to pick up in order to move forward. I was pulling out my hair trying to figure out what I had missed! So after reading all the other posts, it appears as though the CE trial version conflicts with the Regular Trial version. Apparently the only thing to do to fix this is create a new profile and start the game all over again. I may do it - not sure yet.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Aug 16, 10 7:21 PM
I was finally able to download my purchased game through a link after I finished the demo. I never got a correct link from BF. When I finally got a response from CS three days later, it was to tell me that there wasn't anything wrong with BF or the link. The problem was with my computer and then if fixing the usual suspects on my computer didn't work, I needed to use a different browser like Firefox. Apparently BF games are no longer compatible with Internet Explorer Right..... Amazing that I have had no problems with any other game purchase!

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Aug 16, 10 10:58 PM
My problems started right away after I purchased the game. It took about ten min. to go from a black screen to game. Then It worked a little while and froze. I deleted ad reloaded. it worked till I got to the guard and got an error message and a big red box. Was able to restart and procede a few more scenes. What can I do about this game. I really like the game and want to play it without interruption what can You do for me. Or do I need to contact customer service for help.

sheneya
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by sheneya on Aug 17, 10 5:49 AM
AuBrnPeach wrote:Well here we are again!!!! The CE wouldn't work for me now the SE version won't either, Both have the same issue, The game loads, intro comes on and the cursor will not work regardless of the type of cursor I use. Either the custom cursor or my pc cursor. Either or.....it just sits there and NOTHING!!! Too bad I have been waiting along time for this version to come out and it won't work either, Funny how the tech issue forum has many more responses than the review forum does. Means something I suppose......

I have the same problem, the game comes up but as soon as the main intro starts the cursor no longer works.

k_mac3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by k_mac3 on Aug 17, 10 9:30 AM
When I entered the garment factory all I got was a black screen with the hint button, invetory , book and menu button. I can't get out and when I select to return to the main menu nothing happens

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Aug 17, 10 9:59 AM
souldier wrote:It seems alot of complaints are regarding the factory, mine too. Can't use the broom to pick up clothing tags, already changed my profile to see if that would help. Big Fish needs to fix this problem.

Use the broom to sweep up the rubbish COVERING the tags THEN click on them.
I hope the rest of the day went better for you. I hate it when I get so focused on something that I can't see sense and finish properly.

Helmaron
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Helmaron on Aug 17, 10 10:01 AM
susan13060 wrote:I'm trying to put the items back into the cupboard in the dungeon but there is no Violin in the scene. The music stand and the violin case are there but no violin. Can't find anywhere else to put the fiddlestick. Help!

There' a treble clef in your inventory. Put it on the music score and the violin will pop out of the case.

Go to: