tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Snark Busters: Welcome to the Club

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Aug 15, 10 9:06 PM
Absolutely loved this game. So many challenges and long enough to make it worth the price. Have to use your brain in this one. Certainly has replay value. Look forward to the sequel.

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Aug 15, 10 10:18 PM
NOOOOOOOOO! I finished it. more! MORE! this was an awesome game!

Makes you think, makes you look, sure, some items are easy to find, but some are not. Some stuff is very obvious, some if very devious ^_^ MY kinda game. The worlds you travel in, the beautiful graphics, its worth every penny. Best of all, I'm running Win7, NO problem, even with the custom cursor (I didn't even know you could switch it!) I can't wait for the next episode! Awesome! Thanks BF! (great, now I have to go and clean. lol)

worthy
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by worthy on Aug 16, 10 12:31 AM
my first reaction was that it was a bit too fractured because i needed the hint too much. but after reading the forum went back and played some more. am now considering a definite daily deal and probably the sixth purchase.

i am one of the 72 yr old kids who need to relax over a game not too much frustration.

ENJOY

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Aug 16, 10 1:32 AM
Delightful steampunk, great HOB, clever and quirky.
Buy it!

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Aug 16, 10 1:43 AM
Delightful steampunk, great HOB, clever and quirky.
Buy it!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Aug 16, 10 2:21 AM
Coronagold wrote:An excellent game. I'm half surprised that BF didn't develop it into a CE.
What a great idea to give to BFG !! There are more than enough CE like that. Played the demo, liked it but can't say I was really caught. It will remain on my "may be" list.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 16, 10 4:14 AM
Edited: I added a review for another game in this place, but took it off now.

This is a GREAT game. I'm loving it.

Edited on 08/16/2010 at 6:48:00 AM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Aug 16, 10 4:52 AM
Hey Valdy--elldee here--I suspect (just my educated guess, mind you) that you've got "Snark Busters" mixed up w/some other game that you may have demo'ed. "Snark Busters" is anything but "dark"--in fact it's colorful like cartoonish watercolors and comic book art. And I don't believe it was offered as a CE on the BFG site--I got it from the developer's site a couple of weeks ago and there wasn't any CE offering there either. I just don't want anyone who's thinking of getting this AWESOME game to get the wrong idea about its qualities, that's all.

[Post New]by FisherOfZen on Aug 16, 10 6:11 AM
What the heck does FROG stand for? I know HOG, but FROG?

[Post New]by chris122049 on Aug 16, 10 6:21 AM
I need some information on this game. I played the demo from the developer site and LOVED it and couldn't wait for it to get here to Big Fish so I could get it. But when I checked out the walkthrough, there seem to be like 4 scenes with snakes in them! I know it's silly but I have a phobia of pictures of snakes..........I had a real 6 foot one on my patio one day and I managed to deal with that but pictures of them if they are too real looking like the ones in 3 Steps to Dead Time (where it has the phobia scene) If it's one like in the Magic Encyclopedia Illusions cobra in the basket, I'm okay.............he didn't look that real anyway but are there really FOUR scenes with snakes in them? Do they appear mostly at the end in the last chapters? I loved the part of the game that I played but hate that if there are too many, it will spoil my enjoyment of the game or my ability to at least play 5 or 6 chapters and not be able to finish it. Yes, I KNOW it's silly............I hate myself for being that way but I can't change it! It goes back to a childhood incident. I just freak out even when I try not to. thanks for any input on how many there are and whether they are at the end chapters or not...........

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 16, 10 6:46 AM
elldee2728 wrote:Hey Valdy--elldee here--I suspect (just my educated guess, mind you) that you've got "Snark Busters" mixed up w/some other game that you may have demo'ed. "Snark Busters" is anything but "dark"--in fact it's colorful like cartoonish watercolors and comic book art. And I don't believe it was offered as a CE on the BFG site--I got it from the developer's site a couple of weeks ago and there wasn't any CE offering there either. I just don't want anyone who's thinking of getting this AWESOME game to get the wrong idea about its qualities, that's all.

Bugger, bugger, bugger. LOL I just realised myself that I wanted to add my comment to the Echoes of the Past game, and landed in this one's review.

Better change that. Thanks for noticing.

ivillagegrinch
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by ivillagegrinch on Aug 16, 10 8:31 AM
This is definitely one of the better games out this month. I'm not a fan of HOGs -- especially the ones that are dark and gloomy. This ain't one of those! This is funny, charming and still requires some grey matter in order to finish the level.

You don't get dinged if you use the hint, and it fills up fast enough that you don't get frustrated.

LOVE it!! It doesn't get a fifth thumb because it didn't last long enough for me, but otherwise, it's worth the credit.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Aug 16, 10 11:33 AM
FisherOfZen wrote:What the heck does FROG stand for? I know HOG, but FROG?

Welcome to the Pond!

FRactured Object Game

I love them! Especially if they are adventure-y!

asierrahiker
Marlin
Marlin
9,070 Posts

[Post New]by asierrahiker on Aug 16, 10 12:31 PM
I really have mixed feelings after playing the demo of this game. I don't love it. Part of the time I liked it and was enjoying it and the other part I was frustrated with it for being overly fractured. Some of those small bits seem impossible to find and using the hints so much or staring at the screen for too long looking for one last piece of this that and the other thing sort of irks me. Then I'm not having fun. I enjoy FROGs but this one isn't thrilling me. I'm not loving the graphic style either.

This game has so many good reviews I was hopeful I'd like it. Ehhh..... To each his own.
I'm in a dry spell over here and haven't been too impressed with anything this month. Well, either I don't like the game or my computer doesn't like them and they don't play. Granted, there are a couple possible contenders that I have not demoed yet so there may be hope yet. I filled two cards last month and bought nothing so far this month. Feels weird.....

...and two codes for free games and a game token are nestled firmly in my pocket.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Aug 16, 10 3:49 PM
I did a beta test for BF, for this game a while back, and at that time it didn't seem as good, as when I just played the trial version.
Now I really like it, they must have put the magic wand to it, because I don't recall it being so bright and beautiful, the graphics are very nice :-)
Maybe my brain cells weren't working as well than either, I am doing much better now, and have purchased it, and I am really enjoying playing this one.
Those first few peices are easy to find, but the last couple are a challenge, bring it on baby, no hints for me, I will find you !
I must say BF has had some really good games lately, burning my credit card up ...but being the gaming addict that I am, I can't help myself = ...must look at the positives, its keeping me on a diet, grocery's or games.
Ok, now that I've just bought it, better get to playing before Bachelor Pad comes on at 8:00, can't miss my show.
After playing the first 10 minutes, I knew this was a must buy, thanks BF ..keep them coming, your doing a great job, and I for one appreciate all of your hard work at keeping us fishie's happy !!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 16, 10 4:11 PM
Great game. Thanks for all the good reviews. A buy for me

ingeash
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by ingeash on Aug 16, 10 5:39 PM
I love it. Was a bit cautious thinking the game might be one I wouldn't like but I love it, FROGs all the way love them. Can't fault anything and the length is certainly worth more than 6.99 dollars, I don't know how they do it. Whens the next adventure.......................

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Aug 16, 10 5:59 PM
cherbtoo wrote: it , bought it after the first chapter finished.

C

ETA

Waiting impatiently for the next part of the story ...

Cherb -- what is your final say on this one? I tend to wait for your opinion if i'm on the fence about something. So let me know if it is worth a credit!!

Love and miss ya!!!

Jules

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Aug 16, 10 6:48 PM
Totally love Snark Busters. I had the music turned down low and enjoyed it very much. Very up-beat. I loved going from room to room and then back again, Frankly I can not think of anything I did not like about SB. Well yes I can think of one thing that was very disappointing ... it ended. I can hardly wait for the sequal ... which will be next year at the earliest ...

Thanks BF so much for Snark Busters and all the other games and varied genre you provide to us.

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Aug 16, 10 8:58 PM
overthehill60 wrote:I bought this game straight from the developer's site and loved every minute. I remember when my husband (a Marine) and I were first married he invited me to go with him and some friends on a snark hunt. Of course i went even though I'd never heard of a snark. !

Do you mean "snipe" hunting? I have never heard it called snark.

Go to: