Re:Welcome to Steve The Sheriff ™ forum

[Post New]by TacitSpinx on Feb 12, 10 6:50 AM
Downloaded & have just started to play. Awesome game! I think I'll download the other Steve the Sheriff game while I'm at it.
I like the fact I have to use certain objects I find to uncover other objects.
And as Squidward Tentacles would say, Ahhh... Smooth Jazz.
Excuse me, I'm off to play.........................................

bet991
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by bet991 on Feb 12, 10 10:29 AM
can't remember what room i am in but its right after the sheriffs house. i am trying to figure out what is laying in the spider web. all i see is a bell.
helpppppppp

Welcome to Steve The Sheriff ™ forum

[Post New]by barblchcc on Feb 17, 10 7:01 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Steve The Sheriff ™ forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Steve The Sheriff ™ players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

percy
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by percy on Feb 25, 10 9:10 PM
Help I can't find the lever with the light out and only a spot light.

afgry
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Mayor's Office

[Post New]by afgry on Mar 14, 10 7:18 PM
Beargirl777 wrote:Aloha, I was wondering if anyone has had an issue with the Mayor's Office screen. It is a typical screen with a list of items. One of the items on the list is "certificate". I totally cannot find it. And last clue I used showed me an area on the left bottom on the floor but NOTHING I do does anything. I am totally stuck. I hope someone can help me. I really like this game but I just started it. I hope it isn't going to be a pain.

I also just love BFGs. But I also agree with some of you that say you have been having a lot of problems. Me too. I don't know what is going on but something is.

Mahalo nui loa,

SherBear

you have to take the broom and lift the carpet and you will see the certificate good luck

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 24, 10 4:34 PM
ONEBILLION sale this weekend includes this game. Pretty colors! Cool characters so far... Demo didn't crash or freeze my computer so far... Magnifying glass is usually a good feature to have, so that's a plus...

Can't put my finger on it, but something feels unsettling to me. Sound environment includes grating sounds like tv static and globe squeaking - so I turned that down. Music seems ok... but not when you've been hearing the same stuff incessantly... Ok so turn that off too... Bad enough we have to find pipes and cigarettes in every hidden object game - now the cigars are the hints because the main character gets hints when he smokes them. The graphics for the hints look nice from this idea though...

I've only played half the demo so far, so I'm thinking to try the demo of the sequel, and then decide... Blood Oath pulled me in when I got to the wolf's menu in the kitchen - maybe I just haven't had that warm-fuzzy "moment" with this game yet...

Update: I played a bit of the sequel demo, and the contrast between the really cool graphics and the really annoying music and sound environment bugs the heck out of me. I actually have an easier time playing games that are more congruent in quality. I wish I could just enjoy the graphics, but I'm not having any luck adjusting options or adapting so that I can enjoy it. There's also a few gameplay annoyances, but hard to know if that's just a matter of getting used to how the game plays...

Edited on 07/24/2010 at 4:58:27 PM PST

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jul 26, 10 7:55 AM
Gimmegames : no warm-fuzzy moment for me either. And I do hate (though these are really easy) the find-the-difference games. Always turn the music off, I do try at the very beginning, but this one was turned off pretty quickly ! Not a buy for me, even at 2.99. May be for my grand-children if they were speaking english....

[Post New]by lanacountry on Jul 28, 10 8:48 AM

HI folks..a really stupid question..I am still in the first scene..What is under
the end of the bed and how does one access it? I clicked and clicked..seems
nothing is there~! HELP~!

LATER...
I figured that out folks..now I have a problem in the dark storage area..I cannot
find where to place the lever..ALL the rest done..I have tried EVERYTHING
that remotely looks like a switch, no where to place this lever~!

Edited on 07/29/2010 at 8:55:06 PM PST

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jul 29, 10 6:39 PM
mahjongirl wrote:I own this game and finished it some time ago, but I must say that I loved every little thing about Steve The Sherriff. Enjoyable story, and endearing characters, especially Steve's family and his way of consulting his pie baking wife when he was stuck. Hidden objects were findable, environments not too dark. Just a perfect little game for me.

Also bought some time ago and absolutely agree. If anyone is debating about this game to finish their punch card, please try and buy. This is an awesome delightful game.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Aug 13, 10 4:22 PM
I bought it with a SALE PRICE

I just started playing it.

I wish i had looked at the Walk Through first

way toooo manyyyyy SPOT the DIFF...I them

OH WELL I guess another game in the trash

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on Aug 13, 10 4:56 PM

ccostly
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ccostly on Aug 20, 10 9:13 PM
This was a fun cute game. I enjoyed the graphics. Very relaxing and enjoyable.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

GLITCH?

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Dec 6, 10 4:02 PM
hickorybabe wrote:I am stuck where it says to use drawer items I have a neptunes head a compass and a street light but can't find out how to use them can any1 help me please

SPOILER: Place statue head on pedestal and that will put you into a mini-game; after completion of statue, it'll be placed on pedestal. Next place the lantern onto the post. You'll then be informed to find the pickaxe, shovel, and crowbar. After that, take the measuring tape and place it close to the trident shadow and measure exactly 2.0 south -- straight line downward.

My problem is that once I've done the measuring, I canNOT get the tape off my cursor and the pickaxe, shovel, and crowbar are NOT in my drawer.

Is this a glitch in the game or have I missed doing something; according to the walkthrough, I've not missed doing anything,
MEnr56

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Dec 6, 10 4:07 PM
kwitmer wrote:how do i use the tape measure , 2 meters from the shadow of the statue?

Pick up the tape measure and watch your spinning cursor close to the trident shadow and then go downward in a straight line until it reads 2.0 -- I guess it would be 2.0 -- although now that I think of it a meter is not the same as feet.

Ideas--because I canNOT get the tape measure to get off my cursor at 2.0

MEnr56

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Nov 11, 11 10:00 AM
Steve the Sheriff and the Case of the Missing Thing was much better. Found myself hurrying to finish this one because I got tired of randomly clicking to hopefully find items impossible for me to see. I love STD's puzzles but these were insane. I liked the story-already knew who dunnit because I played number 2 first but the objects in this game just made me say, "I'm ready to finish this game"! I liked the other minigames though. Maybe it's just me ready to move on to a dark and creepy game. Anyways....enjoy.

And....don't know if it was my mouse or a glitch but during the dialogue one click would skip 2 scenes.

[Post New]by hagenmi9 on Oct 12, 12 3:47 PM
imogenie1019 wrote:Hi this is my first time being is a forum. I usually read the forums for help, but this time I had to post something since I have been going nuts with this HO.
I wasted all my hints and time trying to find the sheriff's badge and flashlight. Does anyone have any help?
I like the looks of the game but too hard to fine the items.
you need to have the flashlight to look under the desk. it will light up and show you the badge

[Post New]by hagenmi9 on Oct 12, 12 5:32 PM
wxwood wrote:I can't get the puzzle pieces to rotate, I have tried the left click, space bar, etc. can't get them to rotate.
to rotate right click on item

[Post New]by hagenmi9 on Oct 12, 12 5:36 PM
hagenmi9 wrote:
imogenie1019 wrote:Hi this is my first time being is a forum. I usually read the forums for help, but this time I had to post something since I have been going nuts with this HO.
I wasted all my hints and time trying to find the sheriff's badge and flashlight. Does anyone have any help?
I like the looks of the game but too hard to fine the items.
you need to have the flashlight to look under the desk. it will light up and show you the badge
now I am stuck in the garage. when I use my cigar hints to try to get the last piece, which is the message part, it goes to that blue fan looking thing. But I click all over it and nothing happens. I have a crobar left in the draw, but I have tried using that all over the place. Any ideas anyone?

Go to: