meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower

[Post New]by meisie99 on Sep 17, 10 11:29 AM
Finally finished playing this game. I was under whelmed... I really enjoyed the first one but this one dragged. The graphics were astounding and I also liked the music. The puzzles were interesting and some were quite difficult. So I can't put my finger on exactly why I was disappointed, but when I cannot wait for a game to finish, then I am obviously not enjoying it. Let's hope Enlightenus III will be a bit more exiting because the storyline, and graphics are absolutely the best.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 22, 10 8:34 AM
After not being able to play this game at all (the game just wouldn't open all the way and I missed the 'menu' button, as other fishies did), I tried it one more time. And... HURRAYYYYY!! it worked.
I suppose the problem-solving had to do with the fact that the Game Manager updated itself twice since I downloaded this game when it first came out. I never downloaded a game before that didn't open all the way and was 'cut off' at the bottom.

So, anyway... I own the first game and loved it. And I absolutely adore this one. It's not like the last game except that you have to put items into the scenes instead of taking them out.
I love the graphics, and the mini games are great FUN! This is definitely a buy for me.

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Sep 25, 10 7:27 AM
carolinacat wrote:Nope, I don't care for this one. I love the opening scene and wish they'd carried through the game with that quality of graphics and gameplay.

I don't like not being able to disable the custom cursor. I also don't like the way you have to find and place objects.

There's a bit of a lag time and it might be the custom cursor but the gameplay is also a bit laggy and I like to click and have something react quickly.

It could've been a great game if the developers had spent more time with it. But for some people, it'll be good enough to purchase and play and enjoy. Just not me.

I'm with you, carolinacat. Loved the first game and was SO looking forward to this one. But the wobbly cursor drove me nuts and with no way to turn it off, it's a NO BUY for me. I managed to last 20 minutes and then couldn't stand it any longer.

[Post New]by sundance3 on Oct 2, 10 11:45 PM
I LOVE this game. The game play is unique and I can even leave the music on - its not annoying. Well done Bigfish. An excellent twist on the usual HOG and there are no annoying looonnng cut scenes.

_ursalita_
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by _ursalita_ on Oct 4, 10 4:15 PM
I bought this game because I really enjoyed the first one. I liked the twist to finding the hidden objects but it seemed to get a little repetitive this 2nd time around. I wish the game had been longer with more puzzles. That said, I did enjoy this game in and of itself. Just a bit disappointed that it didn't really improve much on the first. I guess I expected more.

GIMLISAXE
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by GIMLISAXE on Oct 7, 10 6:33 PM
Wow, I just finished the game and loved it. I had to go back and review other's feelings about the game and I am rather surprised. I absolutely loved this game. It was a wonderful change from the typical hidden object game. The graphics were wonderful, the game play was straightfoward, but enjoyable. I loved the concept with the various time periods, repairing the clock and therefore time itself. I can't comment on the sound as I had it turned off the whole time. At a time when we seem to be getting very good games (thanks bfg) offerred to us, I thought this one stood out in its origonality. and a half out of five.

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Oct 13, 10 3:16 AM
This is a great game. I am playing it now and I think that reverse HOG is a refreshing change. There is a bit of humor in it, too.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Nov 5, 10 8:46 AM
We just finished the game and absolutely LOVED IT! The music and graphics were beautiful. We liked the reverse HOG concept. It was clever, humorous, and fun! Travelling to various time periods was intriguing with a hint of surprise in each encounter. The story is quite unique and we had a real sense of satisfaction when we completed the game. The mini-puzzles were different and called on some good problem-solving skills. Even though we rarely needed a hint, it was fun finding as many of the E's as we could. We collected 92 hints during the game. Thank you Blue Tea Games for creating a thoroughly enjoyable game. And thank you, BFG, for sponsoring it! ONE OF THE BEST!!

Edited on 11/05/2010 at 8:51:40 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Nov 7, 10 10:07 AM
I bought this because I liked the first game. I think the first one is a bit better, but I have no complaints, really. The music is soothing, and I like the change from the usual HOG. I'm happy with the purchase, it's a relaxing game.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Dec 10, 10 10:24 PM
gameslvr wrote:This game has great graphics but I found that even before the free hour was done, I was bored to death. There is no challenge when the "sparkles" pull you along and there is nothing to actuallly "find". Having to actually have an item in hand before the matching names in the picture would show up was frustrating but on the other hand there are enough enlightenus cards to charge the hint option if you get stuck.

I thought the matching items, for the most part, were pretty obvious although I did use hints on some vague items.

Not a game for me. Not enough challenge. Although, if you are having trouble sleeping, this game might help.

Agree totally.

hatzic
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by hatzic on Jan 1, 11 12:55 PM
Clocks, clocks, and more clocks – so many games revolve around clocks and clock-works. This does too – I loved Enlightenus, and this game also proved to be an absorbing story, great logic puzzles, generous hints and clicks, great graphics, different s&f for sure (Seek and Find). Love it. UPDATE: Just finished the entire game – it was pretty good, but I was a wee bit bored of the repetitive cycle by the end. It’s very involved, but the basis of the game progression is collecting these disks, and instead of the disks being on theme, they were boring old can openers, flash lights, gloves, etc. Why not make them interesting items unique to the story line? What I loved? The puzzles which consisted of a stick figure story/movie that progresses one way or another as you select cryptic actions for them to take to accomplish something, or die. UPDATE: For some reason I didn't even know there was a CE version of this. I purchased this game a while back (the SE version).

[Post New]by heatherington on Jan 4, 11 4:05 AM
These are good games. Challenging and different. A change of pace from the usual hidden object fare. Does require thinking a bit.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Jan 13, 11 11:20 PM
I love this game! I have many many games but just hadn't bought this one or the first one until the first one went on sale. What a surprise! I finished that one and immediately bought this one. Different and humorous and the gameplay is fun! The only problem I had was that my monitor is large but not new by any means and these game were quite dark so I missed a few E cards because of that but I throughly enjoyed both games!

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

[Post New]by Beingknown on May 31, 11 8:33 AM
I appear to be the vote of dissension here. No offense to those of you who loved it, but I found this game monotonous and boring. The novelty of finding and placing objects quickly wore off, as there was very little else to do throughout the entire game. I need more puzzles and areas one can actually explore and manipulate to keep a game interesting to me. I am uninstalling this one prior to completing it.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Jul 1, 11 5:33 PM
one of my all time favorite games and part 2 was just as good as part one!!!! enjoy!

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 12, 11 9:19 AM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 3 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 4 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Ge0rgs
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Ge0rgs on Jul 14, 11 3:29 PM
Hi All
I don't comment much as is quite obvious but in this case I'm sorry but aside from all the rave reviews ...I found this game extremley boring. Ive been a role playing gamer for a long time , Back in the days of infocom IE Zork..Scott Adams etc but really some of these games lack challenge and imangination, don't you think?

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Jul 22, 11 11:30 AM
Very good game, I have also played the first, it was 42 chapters as a Standard edition, this one it's not that long but it's better than than the first one, but this only my opinion, looking for enlighteneus III !!

tazdaffy
Narwhal
Narwhal
30,066 Posts

[Post New]by tazdaffy on Oct 1, 11 3:40 PM
Well this is another game that is in the bottom for me. I really had push myself to finish the game as it was really boring. There is not one (1) HOG but there are plenty of place the objects (which I am really not into). Very disappointing.

nyyykfan
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by nyyykfan on Oct 1, 11 10:26 PM
I played the regular game. To me its the reverse of a regular hidden game. But at the end it also reminds us of how close some are to their family. I have 2 older brothers who are both married. Without them I would not have been able to stay in the home my late parent's bought and paid for.

Go to: