gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for My Kingdom for the Princess II

[Post New]by gimmegames on Aug 28, 10 8:58 AM
I'm still moving forward in the game ok, but I do have to agree that the mini games should not keep you from progressing in the game.

If you thought the hornets were bad, you should try the snakes! With the hornets you could stand at the crucial intersection they all converge at and whack them all there ok, but there's too many snakes for that, and you click click click and still miss some that way, so it's tougher. So now I'm a convert - since it's not easy once you see the strategy, it seems (- unless I just haven't seen the right strategy yet...).

An alternate *choice* of mini game might be an option, if there's some reason why a skip button wouldn't work right.

This game is too good and too unique to be excluding people who can't handle fast clicking due to reflex issues or wrist problems, or panicked game situations, since the mini-games are not like the meat and potatoes of this series.

[Post New]by glitterbutterfly on Aug 28, 10 1:25 PM
I looooooooved the first one, and was very annoyed to find the sequel in the middle of my three days on (I work 11-hour shifts ).

I agree about the Whack-A-Beastie minigames. My left mouse button is pretty much gubbed because I tend to be a bit heavy-handed with TM games - it's a mixture of over-enthusiasm and good, old-fashioned panic. And I'm now hopelessly stuck on one of the later levels, but it's just a matter of finding the right strategy.

But I like the narrator. Maybe I'm weird.

[Post New]by sandsandles on Aug 28, 10 3:23 PM
Love the game! Liked the first one and love the second one even more ... BUT... I don't like the "timed" levels to whack the ghosts & snakes, etc.) I wish you would give the option to skip those. TOO MUCH PRESSURE! lol

I play games to relax and I do NOT download "timed" arcade type games. If I had known it had those levels, I'm not so sure I would have bought it.

I can't see too well, my hands are a little shaky, and it takes me 10-12 tries to get past those levels, so that I can get back to the part I enjoy.

Great game, but personal preference would be option to skip.

thanks.

JPCarol
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by JPCarol on Aug 28, 10 11:02 PM
What a shame that a great game has been ruined by the addition of non-skippable arcade sequences. If I wanted to play arcade bashers then I would get them. Having these sequences pop-up in the middle of an otherwise enjoyable game is awful.

I cannot progress, so I guess I will simply uninstall

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Aug 29, 10 3:47 AM
I would strongly advise people not to buy this game due to the bash 'em quick levels that are impossible to pass. I managed hornets ok and even got passed snakes but the wolves have beaten me and I simply won't even look at any more games from these developers.

The normal levels are challenging and enjoyable but the arcade levels make the game a huge ten thumbs down from me.

Edited on 08/29/2010 at 3:48:53 AM PST

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Aug 29, 10 10:15 AM
Well, after loving the first game, I must say, I'm not sure I would even look at a third if they made one. This second game has me very frustrated. I am able to do the whack games ok. Made it through with no issues, but see how it can be hard for many with hand issues.

For me, I am getting frustrated over the inability to get gold on some leves, even after days of playing the game. I know it is doable, since I see others post in the forums that they did get gold on the levels I am trying to get gold. But, I also know, many others have not been able to get gold. Seems to hard to find just the right combo to get enough product to finish the level.

The first game is one I go back and play over and over again because it is fun. I must say, I will not be playing the second one again. I may even delete it before finishing gold on all levels.

Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Aug 29, 10 6:24 PM
We need a Walkthrough PLEASE!

[Post New]by homebeyond on Aug 29, 10 7:15 PM
This version is certainly not as good as the original! The music is fine but the voice that announces things is so annoying and unnecessary. The games in between the levels are very difficult and definitely not any fun. I would like it better if you had the option to skip these, particulary the one where you smash the ghosts with a hammer. I haven't been able to beat that one, so I cannot play level 3.

[Post New]by homebeyond on Aug 29, 10 7:21 PM
I'm really sorry I purchased this game. I wish I could get my money back. It's not very enjoyable and definitely too hard. The original game was so much better, and even better than that is Royal Envoy.

[Post New]by meggieprice on Aug 29, 10 7:51 PM
I badly need a walkthrough for this! I also need to be able to skip those awful whack a hornet etc. levels- I did get through the hornets thanks to the tips above from other kind gamers but this typ eof action is hard for my fibromyalgia hands and it will ruin this game.

Meanwhile I am stuck on 1.10 and can't even finish at all much less get gold level.

PetraElster
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by PetraElster on Aug 30, 10 7:46 AM
I L VED this game!!!
Played it all, got gold in all levels. Built the castle. Zapped the hornets, wolves, ghosts, snakes, bandits and whatever tried to attack the village.
Thanks for bringing this game.
I loved the firs MKftP and this one didn´t dissapoint me.

If you like time management, cute graphics, strategic planning, whacking baddies, and flying around a bit... this is a great game for you!

A few levels are minigames, but they are really easy to pass. For people having trouble with them... baddies appear always in the same places. So you just have to scan the same areas, have your mouse ready as they appear and whack them pronto. In some levels they gather in an intersection. Wait until they are together and...bambambam! If everything fails, position your mouse in front of your house and click like there's no tomorrow!

The flying minigames are also very easy. Just move your vehicle slowly and avoid obstacles and creatures. Dont bother about the coins. Its a bonus level, so if you do not collect anything, or do collect everything, it doesnt matter.
Creatures fly always in the same way, at the same time in the levels. So its really easy to anticipate if you have to do the level again due to unwanted crashes

All in all it's really a good game.

And at the end, if you complete the castle, you get a !

Edited on 08/30/2010 at 10:22:41 AM PST

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on Aug 30, 10 11:50 AM
I've bought and obsessively played both MkfP One and Two now. These are excellent time management games. The resource timer and bonus bars are very very useful in trying to decide what to do and where to go. I was a little unhappy in the later islands that the time slipped much faster after you went out of the green area on the bar. I literally failed a level by a matter of about 5 seconds while a worker was running back to the house. The mini-games aren't really skippable, but considering it just takes a little trickery and some fore-sight, they're not that much of an issue. If anything, I was more annoyed by the between islands flying. I felt a bit like a pinball after a while with the clouds, the birds, the -whatever they were. This game is completely worth $7. I can say that without reservations. I just finished the game and ended up with about 3/4 gold trophies, and just 3 silver ones left.

This may be a game that kids can play, but I think the adults will have more fun with it.

[Post New]by pschiltz on Aug 30, 10 1:25 PM
I agree with a lot of people, I loved the first game, thought I was going to love the second one , but when you can't seem to get 60 Ghost !!!! I dought I will finish this one. Hate that I wasted my money. I don't feel that something that makes you nuts was worth the money.

[Post New]by debbie1586 on Aug 30, 10 6:11 PM
I'm done with the game; I can't get through the mini-games so am stuck. I wish now I had tried it before I bought it. I loved the first but if I knew how to request a refund I definitely would.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Aug 31, 10 6:36 AM
The mini game complaint seems to be universal yet no one responds. The bottom line is We all Love the Game but want to opt out of the horrible arcade mini games. We paid good money for a game that we can't play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by autumnLEEves on Aug 31, 10 3:44 PM
I don't think I have anything new to say, but I don't care. I loved the first game, and I had no idea a second one was coming. It was a lovely surprise.

I think the second one is great for the most part. I definitely agree that the mini games are a huge pain. I usually got them in one or two tries, but I did not enjoy them at all.

I did love the timers on the replenishing resources. They were so helpful to me. I loved the new rewards, especially the one that cuts resource requirements in half.

This is definitely harder than the first game. I have never completely run out of time on a level, but I got close a few times in this second game. There are a lot of levels I don't have gold on yet, and in the first game there were only 3 or 4. The lack of a warehouse on SO MANY levels was frustrating, and made them a lot more difficult.

[Post New]by wheresthebox on Aug 31, 10 5:16 PM
What's the response on the horrible unskippable whacking levels? They are horrible, and completely ruin the game! I can't tell you how excited I was to see this game come out and how incredibly disappointed I am after playing for only 20 minutes to be stuck!!!

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Sep 1, 10 3:27 AM
This game had a lt ofpotential but the mini-games make the game impossible for people with any type of hand restriction.

Both BF and the developers should have put a warning that anyone with arthritis or other hand issues - carpel tunnel etc or over about 20 will have trouble due to unskippable levels.

What was worse was when I logged in today I saw that the game had had an upgrade and thought 'whooppee - a skip button' but no - now I can't even pass the hornets which I did before - so rather than make the game more playable they have discriminated further against disabled people.

I do wish that I could get my money back and I will continue to tell people - SAVE YOUR MONEY and don't but this game until they make it player friendly for people with hand issues (not to mention the damage that is being done to computers with a 'bash 100' levels.

pusskatt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pusskatt on Sep 1, 10 4:05 AM
I loved the first one and was very very excited when the sequel popped up. I am enjoying the game but agree with what seems to be almost everyone that the mini games are completely painful and unnecessary. Yes I got past them but my complaint is they add nothing whatsoever to the game and they should be able to be skipped.

I have achieved gold on all but three levels now and have really enjoyed the challenge so far. This sequel is alot harder than the first but I like that. Would I spend a game credit on this game again? Yes I would be gee it would of been nice to have some sort of warning about the changes to the game that have frustrated so many people.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 1, 10 10:06 AM
I loved to play the first one. This is just an amazing sequel to the series. I was pleased to see the new mini games as well as the old workers. The new knight, hunter, snake charmer and priest were very nice additions to the work force, as were the monsters they fight. The graphics are similar to the first and for TM it is relaxing and fun. I liked the storyline. It was different from the first and added a new cast to the possible characters we will see in the third one (hoping).

It's a solid A and a buy in my opinion.

Go to: