Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Lost in the City: Post Scriptum

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Sep 1, 10 9:33 AM
This game is SO GOOD that I didn't want it to end, I found it to be perfect in every way, there wasn't one thing that I disliked, I could play games like this for days
Talk about creative and talented, these developers know exactly what they are doing, and deserve HUGE props, and a BIG thank you, for a job beyond well done.
I already played and purchased the first one, when it was released, and loved it, so when this one came out, I was Sooooo EXCITED !!
The story was AWESOME, it totally sucked me in, I am facinated by these types of story lines, I watch the syfy channel a lot, so this game was perect for me..lol :-)
I had no idea what was going on around me, while playing, I just wanted to know what was happening next, you know that giddy feeling you get in your stomach, when you really like something, it lasted through the entire game, so that says a lot about the game.
I also liked how they let you interact with the kitty, I was so glad that I could put him in my basket on my bike and take him with me, when he was eating the food I gave him, I gave him a pet and he rolled over, as if to say thank you...so CUTE !
Plus I won't give to much away, but he was very valueable at one point, near the ending of the game.
There where just so many special touches to this game, that added to the game play.
Loved the graphics, collecting butterfly's, choosing the correct answers, reading inbetween chapters, the minis where very creative and fun.
It wasn't to easy, or to hard, it was PERFECT, loved the interaction, the car for example, fixing it felt so real, all of the interaction parts, for me, felt very realistic.
Running from room, to room, to shoot the bad guy, got my juices flowing, LOVED it!
I could go on and on about everything this game had to offer, that was pure FUN, and one thing that is so IMPORTANT to me was, they gave plenty of HOG scenes, to search, which I just love !!
I just feel they did an excellent job with the layout of this game, the flow was probably the best I've seen in a game, thus far, so it gets and a BIG ...JOB WELL DONE !!
THANKS to the developers, for all of their hard work, it was well worth the wait, and thanks to BF, for bringing us the best games out there !!
I am looking forward to more games from these developers, and will continue to purchase them... ..out :-)

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Sep 2, 10 12:16 PM
Am really enjoying this game - loved the first one too- - but i have to admit I have no idea at all what is going on. I like it that the story is interesting but I actually don't understand a word. And I agree about Ann. She's very irritating, and I have no idea why he's so crazy about her. But never mind, a beautiful game!

[Post New]by annoysmom on Sep 3, 10 12:11 PM
This is a super simple HOG. I like old fashioned HOGs but this one is boring for even me. I checked it out during the $4.99 sale and I wouldn't even spend that on it.

[Post New]by baggie58 on Sep 4, 10 6:07 AM
Well, I thought this game was very good. I do like to play lots of different ones, also ones that last a fairly long while, eg Englightenus, and the new Drawn, and I found this game very engaging and thought the graphics were very good too. In fact my experience of playing it so different from all the other posters that it seems like a different game, I even liked the music,tho usually turn it off when gaming.

Used to be a big fan of the old fashioned adventure games back in the day, and don't find much to compare with them now, but yes did enjoy Lost in the City 2.

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Sep 4, 10 9:49 AM
Loved it The story is great, graphics beautiful, the cat is so cute and I like the music. It has a very desolate, eerie and lonely feel to it, and the chaos and confusion of the protagonist are very well done. The extras are great too - lots of sneak peeks at the original artwork.

One of the best, most original games I have played for ages. I reckon it's worth 4.5/5

Edited on 09/04/2010 at 9:50:25 AM PST

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Sep 4, 10 3:27 PM
Lost in the City (the first one) has always intrigued me. I've demo'd it before and was undecided on buying.
I tried this one and purchased. Upon reading reviews (thanks fishies), I thought I'd better buy the first one (sale price)!!!

Wow, I'm impressed. Finished Lost in the City, now starting Post Scriptum. These games are good. Graphics portray the desolate feel of the game nicely. I'm taking my time, reading through the story. Puzzles are good. Post Scriptum has hidden object lists and I quite like that!!

The gripping story-line pulled me in and I'm looking forward to the third installment of this series! Well done developers !!!

reddleman
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by reddleman on Sep 5, 10 8:54 PM
I thought the game was fantastic. I loved the first one and I loved this one. Need more games like this one.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Sep 6, 10 6:12 AM
enjoying this one more than the first... don't really know why, but it's really gripping, totally engaging... in the first one, there were definite times when i felt lost, but having been through it, i'm feeling like i can move forward without much difficulty in this one...

the graphics are "dirty" but clear, very post-apocalyptic and all hope is 'lost'.... it's a fairly quiet game, but then the first one was, too, from what i remember, so no worries of the repetitive three chord soundtrack that you have to turn off after five minutes into the game - besides, if you really get into the game, nothing else matters, nothing else really gets in; it's all kinda tuned out... the story is just that gripping... and if you like puzzles, the game will lead you on habit-inducing hunt for the next one - like a caffeine junkie looking for that next energy drink

if you not familiar with hero, he went through all h377 and back in the first game, "lost in the city," looking for ann... so much has changed for our guy, huh? the 'post scriptum,' however, takes it up a notch - adding more varieties of puzzles, like the between chapters 'what do i do now?' bits - and now takes you into tests of further endurance - like can you put the fire out or do you die?

i have noticed more grammatical errors in this one than the first, but i truly love this game and will forgive it anything... it really would be nice, though, if developers finally caught on to the idea of an english spellchecker for their translated games... i mean, it's translated and they think it's right, but have someone who is a native english speaker read it back and say: is this what you meant?

as for the hidden object scenes... things are not oh-so-tiny, i can't see it... but they are well hidden and almost always explained - like in the glove box where after finding some bizarre things hero says: i don't wanna know about this person! so no looking for things that don't belong... at one point, however, i did ask myself: just how big is this sink?

more...

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Sep 6, 10 6:19 AM
and the bonus content... the concept art showing the development of the game is absolutely beautiful in some scenes and, frankly, i think some of the scenes suffered as they moved from the drawing board into finished material... not that anyone else is looking, but... i thought it was great that it offered at all... i mean, it seems that the material offered here - the concept art, the out of game diary, the links to 'here's what else we've done' - has come to be the realm of the CE's... to see it available to everyone is just terrific!

yes, the list goes on and on... i really like this one!

AuBrnPeach
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by AuBrnPeach on Sep 6, 10 8:19 AM
I bought this one because I had thoroughly enjoyed every aspect to include the "gloominess" of the first. Moody games don't bother me....Love eerie, spooky, dark and gloomy games. With that being said, this game left me with mixed feelings. I enjoyed playing it but then it became predictable and I just couldn't wait to finish it. A good game usually has me dreading the finale but this one just went from fab to flab in no time. I am not dreading the loss of my $$ because I still got enough fun game play out of it. I don't know, it's as if the devs just ran out of ideas and started throwing just anything into the game. IMO the last few chapters were fillers. Not a total loss and thankfully NO TECH ISSUES!!!

Happy Gaming Fishies!!!

[Post New]by VenomousKate on Sep 6, 10 8:54 AM
I was, to put it lightly, not a fan of the first Lost in the City game. Post Scriptum, however, stands out in my mind as one of the best computer games I've ever played, period. It's on par with 'Indigo Prophecy', though in an iHOG format, so even hardcore gamers might enjoy this. Dark, tense story telling, post-apocalyptic and with innovative gameplay.

Game type: Interactive Hidden Object adventure which includes occasional puzzles.

Story line: You and Ann have been released by the Guardians now that the Sphere no longer shows the future. Finally, you can leave the isolated city to rejoin humanity! But, after the two of you make your escape, you find a horrible fate has befallen the rest of the world. Meanwhile, Ann is once again kidnapped! Can you save Ann and, perhaps, the rest of the world, too?

Game length: Thirteen levels, but each one is LONG. This isn't a game you'll blow through in a couple of hours, which is good. If you like tense, dark storylines you'll want to savor this one and it's soooo worth doing so. (Even so, I still didn't want this game to end!)

Graphics: Excellent, though because it's a 'post-apocalyptic' theme expect the smudgy, urban look.

Game mode (relaxed or timed): Relaxed by default, although some of the puzzles involve a timer. Puzzles are skippable.

Tutorial? Yes.

Hint number/availability and time to refresh: Abundant hints available. Collect violet butterflies at every HOG scene to get more hints. No refresh wait once you've got multiple butterflies saved up.

What's innovative: Where to begin? The storyline is original. The puzzles are not terribly challenging but still make you think. Players are frequently presented with popups asking them to choose which direction to take, and each choice leads to a different result (though you'll eventually be led to the correct choice). Great use of the magnifying glass to search for smaller objects. Very immersive first-person view so you truly feel you are the main character.

What's irritating: Honestly, I had to search hard to come up with something negative to say about this game. There seem to be numerous grammatical or spelling errors at different points, but to me that's not a game-killer. Also, I didn't like was the music in a couple of scenes but I usually turn the music way down while leaving the S/Fx up.

Excellent, excellent game! Wish there were more like it!

Edited on 09/06/2010 at 9:37:58 AM PST

Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by 8984481 on Sep 7, 10 8:05 PM
Just Awful !!!

quiltz
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by quiltz on Sep 8, 10 8:17 PM
I'm enjoying this game so much .....and the best part is I have so much more to play!! What a relief after some of the lame, "I can finish in 2 hours", games I seem to find lately!! It IS a bit moody but I guess I enjoy something I can get lost in moody or not. Thanks BF!! Liz

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Sep 10, 10 10:24 AM
wow...WOW...WOW!!!
The game play isn't wonderful, but the story is everything. Great theme. Excellent drama and suspense! Zero replay value for me, but once is enough. Well worth the money spent for both games. I'd love more games like this.

[Post New]by pinkduckegg on Sep 11, 10 11:22 PM

Having played a few hidden object games this is my favourite so far. Good enough to warrant my first big fish forum post.
The story line was most intriguing.
Have fun all and good luck.

mafabray
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by mafabray on Sep 15, 10 8:33 AM
Mostly a HOG game. This is a dark deprressing game,I am up in the air on this game. I liked it but I didnt. I liked that I wanted to know what happened next but I didnt like that its not much adventure.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Sep 23, 10 11:01 AM
I'm a bit disappointed. There aren't as many puzzles as the first game, they've been replaced with standard hidden objects. Also the translations aren't as good. Wasn't the person who did the first game available?

As a HOG it's pretty good, but I was hoping for another puzzle game since it's called a sequel.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Sep 27, 10 8:30 PM
BRAVO!!

Well done Devs!!! You MUST promise to take us on another journey!! Totally awesome games - both of them....

THANK YOU!

shadowfax

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Sep 30, 10 3:17 PM
Lost in the City: Post Scriptum (Adventure-IHOG)

The game opens with a skippable cut scene which nicely picks up the story from where the first game left off. The loading scene is very cute, with a cat trying to catch a purple butterfly.

Like most games nowadays, you have a separate music and sound option, as well as "Windowed" and "Hardware cursor" (custom cursor).

There is an optional tutorial, which I declined as well as a HINT (S.O.S.) button with a 60-second refill time. You can earn new hints to use (with no wait-time to refill) by collecting the purple butterflies that look like the game logo. I believe you also get an extra hint for completing mini-games.

Mini-games are skippable.

There is a random-click penalty, but unlike the first game, it does not take away time or points (there is no timer or points gauge) - instead the scene "cracks" for a couple of seconds. I actually have clicked randomly a few times just so I could see the "antiquing" look of the scenes

The game is linear without being constrictive, giving you some choices of what order you'd like to do things in. ie. Which hidden object scene in the room to do first, can look for needed items before or after HOG scenes, etc.

I like the music, though it's so nice that it seems out of place during the first minutes of the game. Perhaps the difference is that you now have the love of your life with you, as opposed to desperately trying to find her (in the first Lost in the City game).

The game can be as immersive as you wish it to be. The are no voice-overs or long cut scenes that I've come across so far, everything story-related is short and to-the-point. You do have a journal to help you keep track of things, but again, it is very to-the-point.

The overall "feeling" of the game is very similar to Lost in the City 1, game is a bit more adventure-y and the graphics slightly more colorful. Hidden object scenes are appropriately cluttered without objects being jarringly out-of-place.

I haven't even finished half of the demo, and this is a must-buy for me If you loved the first game, you're likely to feel the same about Post Scriptim. Even if you didn't enjoy the first game, at least give this one a chance and try the demo - there are enough differences that you may find yourself liking it!

Edited on 09/30/2010 at 3:32:15 PM PST

princesschaos1st
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,838 Posts

[Post New]by princesschaos1st on Sep 30, 10 3:23 PM
great review Genki! Now I want to try this game

Go to: