Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Hotel: Lonely Dream

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 2, 10 3:46 PM
I played the demo and found the graphics to be quite clear. The objects were challenging to find and sometimes figure out what they were supposed to be used for. There is a skip on puzzles for those who like that.The storyline needs some work. Though I am glad to see a skip for the cut scenes. I finished the game in the hour demo. The game has many pluses but the minus is the length.

I would say it's a solid A.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Sep 2, 10 10:56 PM
I have been waiting for my punch card credits to come through and just received them. This is the game I purchased first! I played the demo and patiently waited for my credits to come through. I like this game very much and regarding the "thunder snow" - that is a common occurence in Oklahoma.

So far, I have nothing negative to say about this game and I'm surprised at all the negative reviews. I keep saying "to each his own" and it seems that either you love or hate this game. Interesting?!?

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

Possible spoiler!!

[Post New]by togood2be on Sep 3, 10 12:15 AM
I played the trial, purchased it..OMG it was just too long. I kept hoping it was over. I would not be saying it was too long if it had kept my interest.
I have the other HH-believe the lies and liked it just fine. Have never tried the first.
Having read everything in the game from beginning to end (maybe that is why it seemed so long) Lots to read. I guess the next will be a true HOG and time travel like FLUX lol

arfur99
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by arfur99 on Sep 3, 10 6:30 AM
Tried the demo and definately not one for me. As has been said by other members graphics are very good but I found a bit sterile. Played 40 mins of this but got sidetracked by an archaeology programme which I found more interesting! Also lack of direction was a problem followed by numerous hints. Think we need something like the follow up to Dire Grove. I'd buy that sight unseen!

[Post New]by gizmospooky on Sep 3, 10 2:00 PM
I did download the demo but find it interesting that the reviews are split, seems like people for the most part really enjoy the game or don't like it at all. I do have the first two games, seems to me I got them for free, or $ .99 or something like that, maybe a daily deal. I did play them, but found them not great.

I will try this one and if it seems ok buy for the Labor Day sale.

[Post New]by Columbia999 on Sep 3, 10 4:42 PM
I quite enjoyed this game but it was a bit short. Also, I wonder if Mr Big from Sex and the City knows that he has become a character in the game; the time travelling detective is the spitting image of him!

Helen57
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Helen57 on Sep 4, 10 7:11 AM
This game sucked BIG time. thank you very much for the great instructions. i want to play a game not work. Thesse type of games are no fun at all, they are frustrating and it feels more like work than play.

[Post New]by overthehill60 on Sep 4, 10 12:10 PM
I have learned that if you play a demo and delete it, you should definately do the delete through the Add/Remove feature of the Control Panel. After you get the game deleted, you should then do a Disk Cleanup on the C files (temp. internet files) to make sure all the game's program files are out of your computer. You must reboot your computer following the Disk Cleanup and then reload the game. I was having a lot of trouble with games until I was instructed to do this by a techie. It works every time.

[Post New]by wyldedragonfly on Sep 4, 10 5:15 PM
Because BFG is offering a great sale this weekend, I was looking around for a couple of games to buy; however, it has taken so long (try about an hour) for this game to download, that I'm not going to bother. I've lost interest.

All the other big file games I've downloaded have taken less than 5 minutes. I believe Dire Grove took 12 minutes to download and install.

Sorry, any game that takes this long, just isn't worth it even if it is on sale. Too bad. Based on some of the reviews, it seem like it was worth it at this discounted price.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Sep 4, 10 7:40 PM
Just finised my (almost) hour demo of this game. Was a little let down after all the hype about it.

Pros: Well, the graphics were good and crisp. The objects to be found were not all that difficult or all that many. Not quite sure what the story line is, other than to get all the people in the hotel out before something horrible happens ??!! Not a lot of reading, not a lot of voice overs. FBI's guys are cute. Good "tasks" list, which really helped without my resorting to using a hint every minute. The hints that I did use were thorough in their explanation of what you had to do next. The puzzles were hard enough without being too hard. There's no hand-holding in this game - a plus for me. But easy enough to find your way with the task list. There are objects you find just by searching a room, and objects that come to you from H O scenes. There is an amount of going to and fro which I like. (We need to come up with an abbreviation for that-maybe T&F?)

Cons: Definitely the sound effects were annoying, but add that to the music, and you might as well just turn it off - too bad. It's definitely a H O G/Adventure game, but there's something about it that didn't catch my attention. That's my general, overall con.

I'm surprised, as it is so highly rated on the main page of BFG. I don't think I'll get it, even on sale. It seems to be a long game, and may be great for others, but it just didn't do it for me.

Hope you all enjoy and have a great and safe Labor Day Weekend - Remember everyone who is out of work, be charitable.
Peace
cg

[Post New]by Laurelpaige on Sep 5, 10 7:29 AM
I think I'm almost done and I'm enjoying it. I have the sound turned down so that I can juuuust hear it, so the sound isn't bothering me (one room was creepy though).
I'm enjoying the graphics because I can see them clearly without squinting and peering (old eyes) and though I've had to use a few hints I've never had to go to the walkthrough. A couple of times I thought I was stuck until it dawned on me that I needed to do one simple thing. So far it's a good length and worth my game credit. I get so frustrated with games that they're done almost before they're begun.

donar
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by donar on Sep 5, 10 7:42 AM
has anyone had a problem with the display driver not responding, if so what was the solution

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Sep 5, 10 9:18 AM
LOVED THIS GAME. The hints are great, lots of surprises and if you don't use the walkthru it takes hours...........WOW, it played like a CE

murder1
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by murder1 on Sep 5, 10 2:57 PM
hate the game stuck inmost of parts . now with coins
help

AuBrnPeach
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by AuBrnPeach on Sep 6, 10 8:04 AM
Well I bought it, tried it and have mixed feelings about the game. It started out great, became a little exciting and then sort of fizzled out! The graphics were easy on these less than perfect eyes. The mini games weren't too difficult and those I skipped were due to the fact I knew how to solve it but they were too time consuming and frustrating for me to get to the end. I don't regret purchasing this game I just wish I had waited til it became a DD instead. Oh well at least it helps out on my punchcard!

Happy Gaming Fishies!!!

[Post New]by Bobi51 on Sep 6, 10 8:09 AM
Katysmom1 wrote:I loved this game right from the start. Played my 1 hr. Bought the game. Downloaded it and now can not get it to play. The message keeps saying Game already in progress when it is not. I even tried to delete game and it won't let me do that either because of the same message. HELP!

I have had this happen to me with a few games also..I was able to uninstall the games and tried to install again and got the same thing. I can't understand why it only does it with a few games, if we are able to download bigger and more graphic games.. I hope this problem can be fixed..Bobi617

[Post New]by magnoliajem on Sep 6, 10 9:23 AM
Columbia999 wrote:I quite enjoyed this game but it was a bit short. Also, I wonder if Mr Big from Sex and the City knows that he has become a character in the game; the time travelling detective is the spitting image of him!

I'm thinking he looks like one of the Baldwin brothers. Maybe Daniel?

Great Game

[Post New]by mamacat2many on Sep 6, 10 12:41 PM
It was realistic had to use the walk through a few times took me a few hours but I finish it, GREAT GAME, but all the Haunted Hotel games were can't wait for the next one.
Mama Cat

[Post New]by mamacat2many on Sep 6, 10 12:48 PM

Love it, great graphic, great sounds, and not to much of a challange but still had to think, use the walk through a few times. the hint was a tease it tell you what you had to do but you had to figure it out yourself, I LOVE this game and I love all the HH games and can't wait for the next one. I would give it a 9 for sure.
Great game
Happy gaming fishies
Mama Cat

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Sep 7, 10 12:18 PM
I'd like to commend the developers on the crispness and cleanness of the graphics. I like adventure - HOG games but I do have some vision problems and many leave me with an aching neck and strained eyes - no fun.

This one I really enjoyed. The story was good and the twists interesting. And what a joy to see objects that actually looked like their description. And a nice clean, responsive cursor. I actually bought this one. Thank you.

Edited on 09/07/2010 at 12:19:58 PM PST

Go to: