rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Drawn: Dark Flight Collector's Edition®

[Post New]by rainice on Aug 31, 10 3:10 PM
I decided to try this game because of all the excitement it was generating. I lasted about 10 minutes. Not to say there is any thing wrong with the game but it just isn't a fit with the way I process thought. It's a good thing there's something for everyone. Have fun, those of you who enjoy such games. I'll keep on looking for something more appealing.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Aug 31, 10 3:10 PM
Finished the demo and have to say that this looks to be even better than the first game. Which in my humble opinion, is a feat. The game has beautiful graphics! I love the puzzles and there are no timers or limits to hints. The phoniex is gorgeous!!!! A total buy....tomorrow! The storyline is solid, fresh and interesting. I characters are fleshed out rather than flat. Loved it!

I say A++! Total buy

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Aug 31, 10 3:12 PM
When this sequel appeared I had to realise that I hadn't finished playing the first one...I'm still in the Painted tower ! Never mind, will download this one....

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Aug 31, 10 3:36 PM
I demoed this one and I bought it. I didn't even have to think abut it, NO walkthrough and all. The hint button is as good as a walkthrough but I didn't know that until I bought it and started getting deep into the game. It's just awesome, thank you BF

Boomer47
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Boomer47 on Aug 31, 10 3:53 PM
WOW!!

I just about NEVER leave the music on when playing a game. This is the first game since Syberia that had music that enhanced the game and did not annoy and distract

No tech glitches, intuitive problem solving not too hard and not too easy just enough of a challenge to keep you moving.

Art work is outstanding. Will be buying tomorrow when my card rolls.

PS: the paintbrush : go past the lions into the cave. There is a room with two pictures and a music sheet. Paintbrush is in the pot on the left side of the scene.

Enjoy everyone

Seascape6
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Seascape6 on Aug 31, 10 5:03 PM
Love Syberia - both of them! So, thanks for the music review! Good to know.

Bought this one without even trying the demo. There are just certain games I'll do that with, and this is definitely one of them!

And I'm an artwork lover, so new screensavers / concept art are always a plus for me! People at work are always so intriqued by what I have on my screen next! And I draw, so I find concept art fascinating.

[Post New]by BonBon33 on Aug 31, 10 5:54 PM
I have been buying games from BF for over a year now. I have only written 2 posts. I just wanted to say to all they other sea life in this great big pond, I truely enjoy reading all the posts. The reviews have helped me make some very good buys. I wish I had thought about what day it was yesterday when I got another CE game and forgot I had already filled my punch card for the month.
Oh well live and learn. But I will not get caught again. I will wait till tomorrow to get this new one. Loved the first one.

BonBon

mst3kr
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by mst3kr on Aug 31, 10 5:55 PM
Been waiting for this game for what seemed like ages. Played the first 10 minutes of the demo. My review? In a word? Love. Love, Love, Love, Love, Love... Oh, wait. That's 6 words...

I played the first Drawn game and I absolutey LOVED that game. It was, bar none, one of the best adventure(?) games I had EVER played! I was drawn (*gag*) into the game pretty much instantly. That almost NEVER happens... And I can probably count on both hands the number of games that have kept me spellbound and mesmerized for hours and still have a few fingers left over... I was GREATLY disappointed to see Drawn end; I just wanted to keep playing, I was so enthralled with the game's style and gameplay.

So, it was with great anticipation I waited for the sequel. The storyline, the graphics, the puzzles, the music... this game has it all! I absolutely love it (and these type of games) for my non-linear brain! And I absolutely didn't mind the sales pitch at the end of the demo 'cuz I knew I was going to buy it any way. It just whetted my appetite even more. I have to wait til 9/1 anyway since I have 2 full cards for August and didn't want to start another one today or I would've bought this one sight-unseen without a doubt!

If you like puzzle games like Syberia, Myst, and even to a degree the later Mystery Case File games (with a lesser emphasis on Hidden Object and a much stronger emphasis on puzzle solving), then this one is up your alley.

I cannot speak highly enough of this one or recommend this series enough! If you haven't played the first one, go do so today! It is definitely a winner, just like it's sequel!! Superior job BF, yet again!!!

5 and 2 huge !!

Edited on 08/31/2010 at 7:51:18 PM PST

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Aug 31, 10 6:00 PM
I couldn't wait, I bought it undemoed. I loved the first one and there was no way I was not going to get this one. I am so excited. Off to play!

&

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Aug 31, 10 6:04 PM
I bought this game also its really great and worth the extramoney. Thanks

timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by timothya on Aug 31, 10 6:16 PM
YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

Bought it sight unseen, no questions asked, don't care if it's the 31st. Don't care about the trial version. Don't care if it's a CE - oh, wait! The CE is six bucks off! Sweet!

I can't say how much I've been looking forward to this one after the beautiful, quirky, unforgettable first episode. Anybody calling me tonight will be leaving voice mail.

YESSSS!!

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Aug 31, 10 6:18 PM
doctorgood wrote:
mothermayhem wrote:CasualGran! So glad I read your post. I was all set to hit the buy button in my excitement over this new release that I senior momented that today was the 31st and I would have lost out one three punches. Thanks for reminding this grammy what day it was.

Me too! I always try to end the month with my game purchases divisible by 6. BFG should let these odd purchases roll over into the next month! I mean where's the downside for us or BFG? Just go with a grand total,free game credit award system!
Cell phone companies did it years ago. I mean,it is costing lost sales at the end of the month. How about it people,what do you think?
Dr.good
p.s. BFG rules!!

I was saying the same thing. Already have 1 extra punch that I am losing because I bought Reincarnations CE when I already had four punches. I didn't want to purchase 5 more games or even this one with 3 punches because I would still have to buy 2 more games to fill up my card. Please BF start letting them rollover. PLEEEEEEASE!!!

zazu2008
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by zazu2008 on Aug 31, 10 6:23 PM
I'm so excited to play this! I'm downloading it now.

[Post New]by cowenz on Aug 31, 10 6:27 PM
can't wait to play this game... i love Drawn The Painted Tower, hope i love this one too...

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

Drawn...great, probably, but FRUSTRATING AS ALL GIDDYUP!

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Aug 31, 10 6:32 PM
I really really really didn't like being stuck in movie land...let us skip, or move along already! Maybe there are folks who read that slowly, but I am not one of them....quit making me wait! Also, please, give us help that is actual HELP. When I need to know how to do something...I want to know how to do THAT. Not the next thing or the thing after that....tell me what i need NOW. I too got stuck looking for the #@$Q%#$@#! brush, and of course, there is NO help for that. Went to the forum to see how to activate the online strategy guide...error message and page can not be displayed. I will probably buy the regular edition, but so far, I have wasted 15 minutes of an hour long demo watching stupid movies (one when it opens, one when it closes, and I am guessing I will have to endure both of them again) and searching for an invisible brush.

[Post New]by neonurse on Aug 31, 10 6:41 PM
Bravo BF for another fabulous game. I absolutely loved the first Drawn and seems like I have been waiting for this one forever. Just played DD and only had 5 minutes left because I took my time to admire the artwork. I have never bought a CE but will definitely br buying tommorrow.

wendylee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by wendylee on Aug 31, 10 8:19 PM
I Beta tested this game a couple months ago and have been waiting on pins and needles ever since! The first Drawn was one of my all time favorite games and this one is as good or better! I can't wait to download it! If you've never played the first Drawn and like a good storyline I suggest you play the first one before you dive into this one, just so you understand whats going on.They are both worth the money

firelobo
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by firelobo on Aug 31, 10 8:36 PM
Yep..I Beta-tested this one and was really sad when testing ended . Have been waiting for this to come out. I have the first one and love it I also have many games and I mean many,from our Fish Friend and although I work 12 hr shifts and am also a grandma , I manage to play when I can. My husband just doesn't understand the pull of game playing and why on my 3 day weekends, I will stay up until the next morning playing, if the game is really good. I have never bought an CE, but just may have to do so this time. Will wait until tomorrow and start another punch card. This is my first time giving a review, but hope to be apart of the pond in the future.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Aug 31, 10 8:44 PM
Wow, with this one and the Seawise one I have enough for my fith punch for the month of Aug...only because my home was burglarized in July, and my computer, along with many other precious items were stolen, so I had to wait to t buy any games until I got a replacement. So I bought a bunch of games this month, and I had got notice of fourth punch a couple of days ago. Went and checked and realized with this one, and one other, I would have enough for the fifth punch...whoooeee, am I a happy swimmer!!. I too loved the first Drawn and have been waiting for this one. I think those of you who are feeling frustrated with it should give it another try...once you have played it a bit, you kinda get a feel for what it is you are supposed to be doing. I remember with the first one, I spent a lot of time with the walkthrough...but then got the hang of it, and felt like I knew what I was doing, lol. Think this one is similar...it does make you think outside of the box. I had a rough time with the musical notes too. I kept trying to place them on the colored notes in the order that they were played, lol. But I finally got it. This is one game that you will feel that you really accomplished something when you finish it. Thanks BF

[Post New]by Coronagold on Aug 31, 10 8:54 PM
This is a total adventure game. The only HOG element in the CE edition is the extra gameplay of finding the glass shards in the extra chapter. (So those waiting for the standard version, be forewarned.) Not that I mind it was an adventure game, but damn, some of the puzzles were nearly Riven in complexity. I had to skip a LOT of the boss puzzles because I knew that they would add many hours of frustration to an otherwise very happy day of exploration. I basically like to explore.

Anyways, this is a most excellent sequel to Drawn & well worth waiting for. And they've got a 3rd on the way!

Go to: